PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 and QRS time

Crask93
9th May 2016, 20:36
Hi all

Always an avid reader on here, not so much a poster.

Last week I went for an initial class 1 down at Aviation Medical Services near Gatwick. Overall good experience, very professional and was completed in good time.

All was good, besides my ECG which was borderline. The readout read 'intraventricular conduction delay'. My time was 114ms whereas it needs to be 110ms to pass the ECG. I've done a lot of reading around this subject and know about LBBB and RBBB and understand the implications of those two conditions. My understanding is generally your QRS has to be above 120ms for you to be diagnosed with either of these, however a delayed QRS could be an incomplete block.

My question is, in this agonising time whilst waiting for a CAA cardiologists response, does anyone have any experience of this and or can advise me? It's one of those where, I get all I can do is wait and see but, I'm sure everyone can appreciate any advice would be of great help.

The doctor didn't seem too bothered about it but procedure says it must go to the CAA. Does anyone know what can cause a delay in the absence of LBBB or RBBB if that is to be the case. I'm quite tall at 6ft 3 and it was suggested this is a reason why. Again, anyone with any knowledge of this, should I be worried?

Thank you very much for reading. I think I'll be more active on this excellent forum from now on.

Radgirl
10th May 2016, 17:25
Sorry, the AME has read the few lines at the top of the ECG generated by a small algorithm in the machine. An ECG has to be read by a doctor trained to do so and it takes months if not years to learn to read an ECG properly. It is simply impossible to give you any meaningful advice without seeing your ECG. but if the waveforms are normal I think you need not worry too much. Let us know what the cardiologist says

Crask93
14th May 2016, 17:29
Got a letter Friday issuing a class 1. Thank you for your reply, very very relieved now! On with the ATPL's!

gingernut
14th May 2016, 19:32
It's what happens when you try and get a computer to do the job of a doctor.

Glad you are okay.