View Full Version : The product standard at Dragonair!

LCCstandards
7th May 2016, 14:11
This Airline is a full service Airline! Therefore not a Low Cost Carrier! Looking at there old old aircraft and the varying standards of the Cain interior! I can't believe passengers continue to fly with them! One flight a modern cabin with inflight entertainment via WIFI using your own electronic device next day no entertainment system at all with a very dated cabin! Cost the same! Then there are the outer bay parking! Even Hong Kong Express park at the terminal!

Then there is the age of their aircraft! Most third world countries and LCC have new aircraft B787 etc! With no orders for new anything not even a pushbike on the horizon one would ask what is the future for this airline! Is there a future?

boocs
7th May 2016, 15:42
The answer is simple.......

Ask Cathay.

b.

A3301FD
7th May 2016, 16:06
If you ask...remember to shout...as you will be at the back of the line with this new staff travel policy. :mad:

cxorcist
7th May 2016, 16:17
There is a future for KA... as a LCC! If not for those obnoxious CX pilots making all kinds of hysteria by complying with their contracts and not signing up for additional duties, the attacks would be full bore upon KA. I hope the DPA recognizes this.

giggerty
8th May 2016, 04:18
There is a future for KA... as a LCC! If not for those obnoxious CX pilots making all kinds of hysteria by complying with their contracts and not signing up for additional duties, the attacks would be full bore upon KA. I hope the DPA recognizes this.

What? Are you saying the AOA is preventing KA being turned into a LCC by being in contract compliance?

cxorcist
8th May 2016, 04:24
No, I'm saying that CX has its hands full with the HKAOA. That makes picking a fight with the DPA nearly impossible right now. Having both groups upset at the same time would really be a problem for the Company. Would it not? Looks to me like they are set on making a LCC out of both CX and KA.

giggerty
8th May 2016, 04:38
Yeah, true. I doubt they want that.
I'm not sure I agree with your LCC theory though. It doesn't make sense to try and align things by painting a red version of a CX aircraft and then having a different product. The idea is to align the two.

KA is not a priority at Cathay City. The word was they realise we have some very old tired airframes but until CX sorts their own fleet out KA will have to wait. The life of the 330s has been extended out to 28 years ( the oldest at the moment is 24 years, plenty of life in the old girl yet). So I would expect to get CX hand me downs for the foreseeable future. There is however a review of the narrow body fleet between the 737Max and A321 NEO. However with no orders placed who knows when that will come about. I suppose they could always lease the lot.

So, LCC no, crappy old aircraft for a long time yet, yes