PDA

View Full Version : Network Aviation Perth

volare_737
7th May 2016, 04:05
Hi all. Looks like Network is advertising for Captains in Perth. Anybody care to comment on Terms and Conditions there ?
Fell free to PM if you don't want to comment on here.
As a member of the Qantas group do they get the same staff travel benefits as Qantas Mainline ?
Does one keep staff travel after retirement ?
Any info would be great !!!!!!

AerocatS2A
7th May 2016, 05:58
What is Quantas?

Capt Claret
7th May 2016, 05:58
Popcorn in hand....

Bankstown
7th May 2016, 07:03
Why does a Qantas (correct spelling!) Link jet operator wind up being moved to GA?

Transition Layer
7th May 2016, 07:12
Bankstown,

You obviously don't know much about Network! :}

volare_737
7th May 2016, 08:32
:ok::ok: Happy Now ???

Capt Claret
7th May 2016, 13:53
Popcorn back in the cupboard. ;):ok:

airdualbleedfault
8th May 2016, 00:15
That's bluddy hilarious, even the moderators put Network in the GA category

PPRuNeUser0184
8th May 2016, 04:58
As a member of the Qantas group do they get the same staff travel benefits as Qantas Mainline ?

NO

TooManyPineapples
8th May 2016, 05:34
Quote from a casa rep, 'network isn't unsafe, but it has a long way to go to becoming an airline'. Do your research before signing on the dotted line. Over three years since our eba expired, worst conditions in the Qantas group by far, constant roster changes, six day weeks, afternoon shift into early sign one then back again the following day. Things are changing, but at a snails pace....

Capn Bloggs
10th May 2016, 00:15
Get Blitzkreiger on the job. He's the self-professed expert and protector of pilot salaries and conditions...

TooManyPineapples
14th Sep 2022, 13:10
Over five years on and practically nothing has changed.

tomahawk1989
2nd Jun 2023, 14:45
Hi everyone, I am writing to seek your guidance and expertise regarding a career decision I am contemplating, and I believe your insights would greatly assist me in making an informed choice.

Currently, I hold the position of Captain at Air India, but I am considering a transition to the role of First Officer with Network on A320.

we are exploring opportunities to relocate to Australia with young kids (2 yr old and 4 yr old), all of us are Australian citizens, My decision is driven by moving to Perth, and having return flights for family time, a better work-life balance.

and my wife is a First Officer on A320 aircraft she would be converting her licence to apply for network aviation.

Given these circumstances, I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have regarding the following areas:

Transitioning from the position of Captain to First Officer: I would like to understand the potential challenges and adjustments involved in moving from a Captain position to a First Officer role. Any insights or experiences you can share would be invaluable. how long before upgrade again.

I understand that your time is valuable, and I genuinely appreciate any assistance or guidance you can offer. Please feel free to share any relevant information or direct me to any resources that could aid me in making an informed decision.

lucille
2nd Jun 2023, 21:56
Captain on a flag carrier of a huge country with a rapidly growing economy and you’re contemplating a move to Perth as an F/O on a second tier carrier? I think you’re nuts.

If my recollection is correct, the status afforded to Air India captains is that of a demigod. You will greatly miss the respect afforded to you if you choose to work in Australia.

Lastly, unless you have extended family in Perth, who will look after your young children if both you and your wife are working? Obviously, as Australian citizens, you’d be well aware that having full time live in domestic staff is unheard of here.

Not sure if the clean air and great beaches of Perth makes up for any of that.

tomahawk1989
3rd Jun 2023, 03:24
Captain on a flag carrier of a huge country with a rapidly growing economy and you’re contemplating a move to Perth as an F/O on a second tier carrier? I think you’re nuts.

If my recollection is correct, the status afforded to Air India captains is that of a demigod. You will greatly miss the respect afforded to you if you choose to work in Australia.

Lastly, unless you have extended family in Perth, who will look after your young children if both you and your wife are working? Obviously, as Australian citizens, you’d be well aware that having full time live in domestic staff is unheard of here.

Not sure if the clean air and great beaches of Perth makes up for any of that.

Yes, parents can be of help, secondly I have decided to move out of India, I guessing command would be faster for both of us network, and we can look at switching later when kids grow up a bit.

secondly moving towards Middle East is also and option.

thirdly moving to US is also an option. But I think
will be more nights out away from family.

It’s not going to be an joining back in India anytime.

Any thoughts ?

lucille
3rd Jun 2023, 05:21
You say you’re a Capt. at Air India. If indeed this is indeed true, and I’m starting to doubt it, my opinion is that you’re nuts to think about leaving that position.

A F/O at a second tier carrier in Australia commands less respect than a Domino’s pizza delivery kid. Probable gets paid less too.

Chronic Snoozer
3rd Jun 2023, 06:27
You say you’re a Capt. at Air India. If indeed this is indeed true, and I’m starting to doubt it, my opinion is that you’re nuts to think about leaving that position.

A F/O at a second tier carrier in Australia commands less respect than a Domino’s pizza delivery kid. Probable gets paid less too.

Reminds of the old adage “Please don’t tell my mother I’m a pilot, she thinks I’m a piano player in a whorehouse”.

soseg
3rd Jun 2023, 06:56
Taxi drivers in Perth are more respected than Network pilots.

dejapoo
3rd Jun 2023, 10:56

You're giving us mainline pilots a bad name... grow up yeah. We should be urging the NAA crew to take these pr1cks to town, not being further divisive. .. which is what the basket weavers want..

tossbag
3rd Jun 2023, 11:57
C'mon mate, you're talking about Australian pilots who industrially have shat themselves since 1989. Worldwide pilots are negotiating astronomical pay rises. Every year that goes by minimum wage in Australia is catching up to pilot wages.

Busbitch
11th Jun 2023, 06:22
Ha, tone deaf management seem to be unaware that two thirds their pilots are out their looking for a new job, that should end well.

ShandywithSugar
11th Jun 2023, 06:41
Ha, tone deaf management seem to be unaware that two thirds their pilots are out their looking for a new job, that should end well.

That's great news. With minor to modest EBA changes I wish them all the best in the endeavour.

dusty99
12th Jun 2023, 07:05

You sir are the definition of whats wrong with our industry. Get better 👌.

tossbag
12th Jun 2023, 08:49
You sir are the definition of whats wrong with our industry. Get better 👌.

​​​​​​​You Sir, are the definition of a snowflake. The truth hurts.

AerocatS2A
12th Jun 2023, 22:23
You Sir, are the definition of a snowflake. The truth hurts.
The idea that different jobs should automatically command "respect" is distasteful. If respect is that important to you then you get none from me.

aussieflyboy
12th Jun 2023, 23:55
People dislike the way that Qantas Management has used Network Aviation to push out the higher paying jobs and replace them with lower paying NA jobs. It’s not the crew or the people they dislike.

There would have been significantly more mainline shorthaul jobs and commands in Perth if QF didn’t acquire Network Aviation and then start using them on RPT routes and the NJS Pilots who were based in Perth well before Network Aviation even existed were all told to either relocate or resign.

soseg
13th Jun 2023, 02:12
Yea, truth hurts.

I’m not ****ting on any network pilot unless they are happy coming in for their ****ty day off payment which most of them will agree is very low, or those who vote yes on this proposed crap EBA.

As a previous poster stated, it’s managements fault. Divide and conquer and bring down all our wages. Slowly dissolve mainline and turn all the QLinks against each other fighting for the next jets and routes and slowly they will get the word Link erased off the sides of their fuselages.

For many if not most, Network is their only option. Luckily most use it as a stepping stone to go to better places. It’s GA with jets for hours building to get you into EK.

Unfortunately, their conditions are so low that nobody looks up to them. Why would you respect the job? Their FOs are literally paid less than the toilet cleaners they fly to the mines. Why would you respect those few who will vote yes, the few who continue to save the network’s ass when someone else goes sick and they offer to save the day for only $360?

The remainder who don’t help management out for scraps are good guys and girls. Nobody has beef with them. Their hands are tied. It doesn’t mean their job commands respect. My friends who work there acknowledge it. They hate it and cannot wait to leave. I personally don’t know a single current or ex network pilot who has anything positive to say about that place. This is fact.

Go find a safe space.

maverick4442
13th Jun 2023, 03:38
C'mon mate, you're talking about Australian pilots who industrially have shat themselves since 1989. Worldwide pilots are negotiating astronomical pay rises. Every year that goes by minimum wage in Australia is catching up to pilot wages.

Why do we not all put forward agreements that we are happy with that compete with the Industry Worldwide?

If not agreed to no problem let all agreements be open and take a stand together.

Australia needs Jets in the sky if not it will come to a grinding halt.

neville_nobody
13th Jun 2023, 04:28
Why do we not all put forward agreements that we are happy with that compete with the Industry Worldwide? If not agreed to no problem let all agreements be open and take a stand together. Australia needs Jets in the sky if not it will come to a grinding halt.

Because you will ultimately have a Judge deciding your EA. You have no real way of inflicting any industrial pain in this country. The only time it will be fixed is when they can't import anyone from Africa then they might look at remuneration.

tossbag
13th Jun 2023, 05:10
Divide and conquer and bring down all our wages. Slowly dissolve mainline and turn all the QLinks against each other fighting for the next jets and routes and slowly they will get the word Link erased off the sides of their fuselages.

The good ole whipsaw eh! It's not hard to do a bit of research and work out what's happened around the world, learn from it and not put up with any ****. Anybody could have seen the whipsaw coming, except the pissweak unions of course.

Icarus2001
13th Jun 2023, 09:48
The only time it will be fixed is when they can't import anyone from Africa then they might look at remuneration.

Can you tell us all how many pilots from SA have been employed in the last two years?

TooManyPineapples
28th Oct 2023, 10:31
Quote from a casa rep, 'network isn't unsafe, but it has a long way to go to becoming an airline'. Do your research before signing on the dotted line. Over three years since our eba expired, worst conditions in the Qantas group by far, constant roster changes, six day weeks, afternoon shift into early sign one then back again the following day. Things are changing, but at a snails pace....

To all those about to take PIA, here’s a snippet from the past.

pilotdude09
28th Oct 2023, 12:03
First A320 into Paraburdoo today for "testing"