PDA

View Full Version : PLB Battery

fujii
6th May 2016, 05:10
The battery in my Accusat PLB is due for replacement. I live in Melbourne and have contacted the manufacturer and been told I have to send it to their Sydney office with a three week turn around time. Does anyone here know of another service centre, preferably in Melbourne, that can do the battery?

mostlytossas
6th May 2016, 05:36
What brand is it? GME for example costs about $200 +freight+GST to have battery replaced in the factory only. New unit costs about $300 including tax. With 7 yr warranty and battery life.Also has better GPS installed.
Guess what is the better option?

Two_dogs
6th May 2016, 07:57
Recently in the same boat. Battery due for replacement in a GME model. Sourced an AMSA approved, GPS equipped PLB unit from ACR Electronics. It came with a first aid kit and a personal strobe device, $270. Cheap as chips.

Squawk7700
6th May 2016, 11:04
I also have the ACR model. Mine came with emergency mirror, TSO'ed strobe light and a whistle for similar money to above. They come in a skinny model which is very small and doesn't float and a thicker floating mode; however both are very small.

chute packer
6th May 2016, 11:28
Having used the ACR product for 5 years I recommend it as well, there is a version of the smallest one that floats, and great deals abound as described above with extras for free.

fujii
6th May 2016, 21:17
Thanks all, a new one on the shopping list.