PDA

View Full Version : lot flight academy-Poland

Rickomania
4th May 2016, 15:06
hi all,
i made a search on the forum but couldnt find a post related to it.
i want to ask a question if possible;

Anyone could provide a feedback of the lot flight academy in Poland? we are thinking to have ME/CPL/ME IR training there , any information would help a lot. thanks in advance...

Ihatemondays
4th May 2016, 16:12
Following the post, I also consider going there but only 2 single engine and 1 multi engine aircrafts makes me doubtful...also the airport is 2 hours away from the city center with bus...Going there for the flight and coming back after the flight(!) and if they are not so good at planning ...a day gone for nothing...

Rickomania
4th May 2016, 17:05
well, as far as i know, they have 1 single engine tecnam p2008 and 2 multi engine tecnam p2006. the airport is about 2 hours away, i have heard that the provided accommodation is near to the airport but im not sure its a certain information.

Richard_AB
13th Oct 2016, 02:31
Hello,

What was your decidion in the end? Had you gone to LOT, any good/bad reviews?

I am currently considering them for my CPL ME IR.

Richard

hi all,
i made a search on the forum but couldnt find a post related to it.
i want to ask a question if possible;

Anyone could provide a feedback of the lot flight academy in Poland? we are thinking to have ME/CPL/ME IR training there , any information would help a lot. thanks in advance...

Ihatemondays
13th Oct 2016, 11:59
I was seriously considering the school, since I am not an eu citizen, I needed to apply for training permission from polish caa. They were not willing to help me with that process (which one of the documents should be signed together with the training school) and they also did not reply to other emails. So I decided not to go to this school. There is royal star aero in mielec/Poland.

I enrolled with them but did not start to training yet. Prices are better than LOT, facilities are good, they are attention giving and they seem like they know what they are doing.

JaviSantacroce
16th Jan 2019, 20:56
Hello there! I'm a 17yo Argentinean boy planning to do the complete career (from zero to ATPL) in Poland. Also, I'm just starting with Polish language. I sent to LOT FA a lot of mails from many weeks ago in English, and my polish girlfriend also did it in Polish, and no responses of them...

They only have 3 instuction planes, thing is doubtful for me because LOT is a big airline... But maybe studying there, once you're ATPL, they could offer direct entry to FO, I guess...

I read up that theyŕe not kind with foreigners and I think same. I also sent e-mails to other schools in Poland, who are pleased to have me as student, and they offered me help with embassy's papers. But maybe, choosing those schools will be a quite hard for me finding job in an airline, I guess.

It will be amazing to read your opinions. Thanks a lot!
Javier

Banana Joe
17th Jan 2019, 10:55
Go to Bartolini, it's a better choice. Also, Lodz is more liveable than Piotrkow Trybunalski...

LOT Flight Academy is partly owned by LOT and partly funded by the Government, or so I was told, but don't expect any flow through process to the actual airline. There's nothing like that in place, especially if you aren't Polish.

RedDragonFlyer
17th Jan 2019, 14:10
Do they offer courses in English? From what I've seen on their site, all of their advertised courses are taught through the medium of Polish.

They might be good, but it's a very small school. That means it'll probably be quite difficult to get feedback.

Do they really do their flight training at Piotrkow Trybunalski? That's a small town very far from Warsaw.

Banana Joe
17th Jan 2019, 15:50
Do they offer courses in English? From what I've seen on their site, all of their advertised courses are taught through the medium of Polish.

They might be good, but it's a very small school. That means it'll probably be quite difficult to get feedback.

Do they really do their flight training at Piotrkow Trybunalski? That's a small town very far from Warsaw.
That's where they are based and their fleet is maintained by Bartolini Air's Part-145 organization in Lodz. I don't think they are doing training in Warsaw Babice airfield, but I stand to be corrected on this.
And yes, I am quite sure most of the flight schools in Poland provide flight training in English.

popo_von_kox
19th Jan 2019, 06:31
I sent to LOT FA a lot of mails from many weeks ago in English, and my polish girlfriend also did it in Polish, and no responses of them...

Call them. It seems that e-mailing didn't catch on in Poland. At least not with ATOs.

R1tex
7th Jan 2024, 10:57
very interesting

flickrollson52
26th Jan 2024, 17:09
Hey,
I called to them recently regarding MCC course and they said they won't have any MCC training until the end of this year.
Per my understanding, they're mostly focused on Polish-speaking pilots and cadets.