PDA

View Full Version : Virgin A333 LHR-ORD

pax britanica
4th May 2016, 12:54
I am off to ORD shortly and as my client is paying he has booked me on VS not BA , no complaints aboutt hat its his money and its a fair deal but I have read a few negative comments on Seat Guru etc about the upper class seating on the VS333s and wondered if any one here had good or bad experiences or were CC.
Haven't been on VS for years and so wondered how they compare with BA and UA on this route .
Tks
PB

Heathrow Harry
5th May 2016, 16:05
Better than BA IMHO....................

rog747
5th May 2016, 16:23
the upper class product on VS's 330's is the fwd cabin in a herringbone 1-2-1 config which has more seats than in their 340's (same fuselage) which was a 1-1-1 set up.
so you have a much more cramped cabin with a small bar area hence really an inferior product which regular LHR passengers have bitterly complained about - but many of the 330's are used on the leisure LGW routes so the holiday makers do not know the difference

the new 787 has 1-1-1 UC config very spacious feel

seat maps here
Our Aircraft | Our Fleet | Virgin Atlantic (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/the-virgin-experience/our-fleet.html)

TCAS FAN
5th May 2016, 16:27
LGW same config, absolutely c**p after the B744, cramped cabin and narrower seats.

pax britanica
5th May 2016, 19:21
Thanks for the feedback. I think BA Club is pretty cramped though I am a modest 5-9 so I will take an open mind with me . Very cheap price for Bus Class so I assumed it wasn't the most popular way to get to ORD but tis short notice ona busy weekend so i won't complain , at least not yet.
Interesting they went back to the 1-1-1 on the 789.
At least i will finally tick of the 333 as plane I have travelled in

Thanks again
PB

rog747
5th May 2016, 19:36
the virgin clubhouse at LHR is well worth spending a couple of hours in and eat there before you board - great food and drink plus the therapies/treatment spa

rog747
5th May 2016, 19:36
BTW the ORD is seasonal and often not busy in J