PDA

View Full Version : REX 020 Cadetship Intake

l.g.1986
4th May 2016, 11:05
Hi all,

Has anyone else applied for the REX 020 cadetship and been offered a place? I received a generic thanks but no thanks email after i submitted my motivation letter and don't understand why and I'm finding it hard to obtain an explanation.

Fuel-Off
4th May 2016, 20:31
You will generally find employers state they do not offer feedback at any stage of the interview process (apart from saying that you're successful or not). This is because of the company covering their posterior against any potential litigation from the unsuccessful candidate on the basis of perceived discrimination. This is not unique in aviation, but HR in a whole.

And we as pilots just love airline HR departments...don't we? :mad:

Fuel-Off :ok:

Willie Nelson
4th May 2016, 21:34
Don't sweat it too much l.g, could end up being the best thing that happens to your career. If you're determined to fly you will, stick with it.

No doubt the cadetships are a great opportunity that was not there when I was young but there are plenty of other paths to get you started outside of Rex, chin up- crack on!

mikewil
4th May 2016, 21:54
Has anyone else applied for the REX 020 cadetship and been offered a place? I received a generic thanks but no thanks email after i submitted my motivation letter and don't understand why and I'm finding it hard to obtain an explanation.

Is this at the point after you have passed all of the interviews and sim check etc?

Pretty harsh to offer no explanation when you are up to this point in the recruitment process if that's the case. scumbags....

Led Zep
9th May 2016, 08:51
Don't sweat it too much l.g, could end up being the best thing that happens to your career. If you're determined to fly you will, stick with it.

Chin up, long term it's likely a blessing in disguise.
You can get your CPL and a job faster and cheaper than what REX offers provided you maintain your motivation and drive to achieve your goals, and put this setback behind you.

What they said. I'd need to be very, very, destitute to take a job from REX. Horses for courses, of course.