PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Management Fail?

Tony the Tiler
2nd May 2016, 03:03
Rumours are that the chickens are coming home to roost after the latest management cleanout. While normally it is prudent to beware the ides of March, the new style has scared off competence. Apparently anyone with any smidgen of ability has left the building. The front line is in open revolt with the wheels departing the carriage. The only positive I've heard attributed to the team is that they are on leave from Qantas and will eventually return.

maggot
2nd May 2016, 03:23
Well it's definitely not us so it must be them!

Or just the wrong colour shirt? Chickens to roost indeed

bazza stub
2nd May 2016, 04:13
Reaches for popcorn :ok:

Is it just me or is the whole QF group looking a bit shaky? I can't think of a single part of the business that is doing well lately.

Bootstrap1
2nd May 2016, 04:27
You can't treat your staff like crap for ever and expect everything to be rosy.

The latest piece of managerial gold I heard the other day was to do with catering in Sydney. There has been heaps of new staff being trained lately so I asked one of the caterers what the deal is.

Aerocare is now the supplier of labour to catering in Sydney, hoping to one day take over the whole business. The current staff are being told to train the new staff. No wonder there is a high turnover of new staff when they are paid crap, have to work split shifts and are constantly in a battle with their trainers.

I don't blame the current staff at all. Make it hard and prove to the idiots running the place that cheap is not cheerful.

Eastwest Loco
2nd May 2016, 12:55
What you are seeing now is the "Mini Empire" effect coming to the fore.

I have seen it within TN years ago with ineffectual leaders surrounding themselves with brown nosers, usually malleable management trainees and fortifying their position.

A threat which may expose the fact that they are useful appears and they dump those who didn't suck their way up the chain. The good operators are a threat and didn't come up through the groomed ranks. Guess who goes?

At some stage the competing Empires cease to operate and the Company goes China Syndrome.

The only problem is that if the given Company does self immolate that the DNA of the initial Airline's problems can do the phoenix thing and reappear to infect the replacement.

Management cleanouts generally indicate a Management in damage control mode seeking to rid their vicinity of good operators who put them at risk. Self preservation is a powerful force!

Best all

EWL

Blitzkrieger
3rd May 2016, 00:51
EWL got it in a nutshell.

toolish
3rd May 2016, 05:49
This entire thread is a whole heap of nothing

BlackPrince77
3rd May 2016, 05:53
It's a whole heap of nothing if you don't know what's going on in the airline ;)

Otherwise, interesting times ahead ;););)

toolish
3rd May 2016, 06:06
So what is going on or is that another nothing post

Capt_SNAFU
3rd May 2016, 06:12
Can someone spell out what exactly has happened?

Lookleft
3rd May 2016, 06:15
When Jetstar was gifted a new CP there was some speculation from QF pilots that she was there to apply the RIN process to Jetstar. They were sort of correct because she has managed to do that to the Flight Operations management group. It was meant to be about getting rid of the so called "blue shirts" but she also managed to get rid of one of the most competent and progressive flight ops managers of any airline I have worked for. So all that has been achieved is a management group that has been decimated and a pilot group that is still working max hours with even the early cadet group now actively looking elsewhere. They were supposed to be the core group of future captains.

maggot
3rd May 2016, 06:41
When Jetstar was gifted a new CP there was some speculation from QF pilots that she was there to apply the RIN process to Jetstar. They were sort of correct because she has managed to do that to the Flight Operations management group. It was meant to be about getting rid of the so called "blue shirts" but she also managed to get rid of one of the most competent and progressive flight ops managers of any airline I have worked for. So all that has been achieved is a management group that has been decimated and a pilot group that is still working max hours with even the early cadet group now actively looking elsewhere. They were supposed to be the core group of future captains.

Apply the RIN process to jetstar? Thats a new one for me
EA reference for that? I thought they just got redundant

Lookleft
3rd May 2016, 08:06
I was referring to the net effect rather than the actual process. Because GS had been a major part of the RIN on the 767 some QF insiders thought she was being sent to Jetstar to achieve a similar outcome. With most pilots doing 85+ hours a month I haven't seen any indication that crew numbers are too high. However the management ranks have been "thinned" without any noticeable benefit or logic.

toolish
4th May 2016, 07:28
ok
So it is a post about blue shirts crying in there weeties.
Fairwell to those that should have gone some time ago. Give her a bigger broom I say.
Side note she should have kept the only non blue shirt to that has departed stage left as he is the only one management pilot that is respected

Lookleft
4th May 2016, 07:41
Have a look at the original post. Its not about the blue shirts crying in their weeties. Its about who is going to replace them because anyone with any ability or competence is not going to work for a CP who will throw you under a bus if you disagree. Thats the take home message from TS being shafted.

waren9
8th May 2016, 08:58
whats ts doing now? :(

Lookleft
8th May 2016, 22:17
I haven't heard what he is doing W9. The only thing I do know is that the only flying position available to him was as an F/O in ADL.

waren9
8th May 2016, 23:39
lookleft

thanks.

hoss
9th May 2016, 01:19
That's confirmed, there's a scene in Ben Hur where the chariot driver calls,"LOC GS established inbound, missed approach straight ahead to 3000".

😉

framer
9th May 2016, 07:22
What is a 'Blueshirt'?

CurtainTwitcher
9th May 2016, 08:13
What is a 'Blueshirt'?
A state of mind that died in 2001 and so became a mythical legend as it ascended to that great simulator in the sky.

framer
9th May 2016, 08:40
..........got it.............

rowdy trousers
9th May 2016, 10:44
We need to get over this B.S.S. (Blue Shirt Syndrome) - jealousy is a curse. There is help available.

maggot
9th May 2016, 11:12
We need to get over this B.S.S. (Blue Shirt Syndrome) - jealousy is a curse. There is help available.

I reckon a 787 command would help most get over it

Alas no it aint jealously

ROH111
10th May 2016, 00:42
A JQ Capt based in Sydney is getting around telling the pilots that he has it on good authority that Qantas has offered all of its A380's to Jetstar.

I know, when you calm down enough to read on it might just a little better:

A Jetstar NZ captain is adamant they will soon have 787's. The 787-9 mind you...

bdcer
10th May 2016, 00:46
But would they be stupid enough to take them (A380) though? ;)

Ollie Onion
10th May 2016, 01:08
The 380 to Jetstar would actually not be a stupid thing to happen. They don't work for Qantas, the second hand value on the things is almost non-existent and you could put 700 passengers on a Jetstar fitted out 380, 4 x per week to BALI :ok:

787 to Jetstar NZ, I can't see that happening, which is probably exactly why it will happen. :E

porch monkey
10th May 2016, 06:01
I'm sure Jetstar could make money with them. Especially if the mothership is paying for the maintenance.......

framer
10th May 2016, 06:02
There was a Jetstar 787 in Auckland airspace a few days ago. Is that part of any schedule?

Ollie Onion
10th May 2016, 06:36
Yes, a 787 does MEL - AKL- MEL a few times a week, they have a few too many 787's and there are only so many flights you can do to Denpasar.

Lookleft
10th May 2016, 06:42
I think some Captains in Sydney need to get a reality check. Its a bit like the JQ F/O's who think they will be recruited by Qantas-not impossible, just unlikely.

FFRATS
19th May 2016, 17:37
TS working for Jetstar 'Group' now overseeing training standards.
Great guy and GS lost a talent but overall net effect was many dead wood guys were moved on.

FFRATS

ratpoison
20th May 2016, 00:06
FFRATS

The guys and gals over there tell me that most don't know what happened to TS. Has that info been released by Mrs Doubtfire to the troops that TS is now in that position?

ManuelLabour
20th May 2016, 00:32
Jetstar? Have had job applications in for two positions. Found them rude, dismissive, uncommunicative. A bit like their customer service really. Not interested in working for them in any capacity anymore.

mppgf
20th May 2016, 05:21
I didn't know Jetstar operated in Kenya Manuel :suspect:

waren9
20th May 2016, 06:29
TS working for Jetstar 'Group' now overseeing training standards.
Great guy and GS lost a talent but overall net effect was many dead wood guys were moved on.

FFRATS

cheers

is pr still the mel base pilot?