PDA

View Full Version : Aviation South West (Exeter)

Joe86
1st May 2016, 12:52
Has anyone trained or have any feedback on Aviation South West based at Exeter (UK)? Recently they have popped up on my Facebook feed and after looking at their website it looks good.

Exeter is about the same distance for me as Aero's at Gloucester airport, I was impressed by Aero's but growing up around Exeter I feel I know the terrain a lot better which for the first local flights would make me more relaxed?
The zero to hero course is also £10K cheaper at ASW, but for the time being it will be PPL then modular I expect.

So basically I will be popping down to ASW soon to look around, but what experiences to you fellow PPRuNe people have?

EC DKN
1st May 2016, 13:04
If you are from Exeter do the PPL there! Then enroll in Bristol Groundschool and after the ATPLs do the ME CPL/IR + FI in Airways Flight training (Exeter as well)!

Good luck!

blondesrule18
14th May 2016, 19:26
Hi Joe86,

I'm currently doing my PPL with South West Aviation and they're really good :)

StOrMsCaTcHeR
23rd May 2016, 19:19
My only interaction with them was brief hello hi when i used to land and pay the landing fees, as i flew in from EGHH. They are friendly bunch, and you definitely need friendly atmosphere esp at the start of your training, which helps a lot in gaining confidence.
Goodluck with your training wherever you go!

rudestuff
25th May 2016, 09:36
Really friendly bunch, great quality training. Quite a few career instructors as well who won't milk it.