PDA

View Full Version : SkyTeam: The End?

Winnerhofer
27th Apr 2016, 17:56
AF wants jumps ship for Star Alliance:
Air France discute partenariat avec Singapore Airlines (http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/services/transport-logistique/air-france-discute-partenariat-avec-singapore-airlines-567143.html)

ExXB
27th Apr 2016, 19:00
Can't see the regulators (in EU, US, AU, CA, etc) allowing it.

notapilot15
27th Apr 2016, 19:27
How do one say Good Riddance in French?

On a serious note, *A is not one happy family, LH and UA cannot keep up with changing markets yet don't want to pass on the torch, SQ is the cute one but stagnant, TK growing fast and AC working hard with no recognition and no one showing ropes to new members like AI and others.

Who will sponsor AF? SQ!

I am sure SkyTeam wont miss them.

Metro man
27th Apr 2016, 19:33
Will they take KLM with them ?

kiwiandrew
27th Apr 2016, 20:10
While my French is pretty lousy, I don't see anything in the article suggesting AF might leave Skyteam.

However, they do mention that a few months ago the discussions were more ambitious with the possibility of luring SQ out of Star ( don't forget Star Alliance gave all existing members a 'get out of jail free' card last year, after making substantial changes to 'the rules' they were prepared to allow members to depart without penalty up to 31/12/15, but none did)

ATC Watcher
27th Apr 2016, 21:18
read the article , AF and KL remain in Skyteam, SQ remains in Star A, it is just a negotiation for a bi-lateral code share between the 2 , and SQ is negotiating this possibility with Star A.
There is a precedent : AF-Austrian code shares.

Metro man
28th Apr 2016, 02:06
Code shares may be the way to go to compete with the Middle East 3. Threatening to leave an alliance is not unknown, Qatar Airways were talking about leaving One World a while ago.