View Full Version : Kuwait Airways T&C

Mr.White
27th Apr 2016, 17:22
Hi guys!

Kuwait Airways is looking for drivers. Any idea on T&C offered by Kuwait Airways

oceancrosser
27th Apr 2016, 19:51
Well if they are looking for drivers, why would pilots be interested?

One of the last places I would be looking for employment on this earth. I.e. if they needed pilots.

Chirpy Pilot
29th Apr 2016, 07:42
Oceancrosser. Your last post is not helpful of clever. If you have nothing to say constructive then DON'T Simples!

John Boeman
1st May 2016, 12:15
Seriously......this is some kind of joke......right??

oceancrosser
1st May 2016, 18:37
Hey, might be a good deal for "drivers", not least the overtime...

John Boeman
1st May 2016, 20:11
True enough. Or maybe that is the weekly wage.

TypeIV
1st May 2016, 21:36
Kuwait Airways pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Kuwait_Airways)

These figures seem to be 10 years old. Would be a massive pay cut if true, Kuwait is not the cheapest place to live in. Must be a joke!

The Rage
2nd May 2016, 06:34
They could be in Kuwaiti Dinars!

EGKK.
10th May 2016, 12:30
They're in GBP. I would know because I wrote them.

Pay has gone up massively but I couldn't give you an exact figure I'm afraid.

Mr.White
10th May 2016, 14:13
What do you mean by massively?.Just give an approach salary

Reverserbucket
11th May 2016, 11:44
Need FAA or Dutch licence.
Is that or was that ever the case? I recall KAC cadets trained for JAA/EASA Licences in the past and not with a Dutch ATO.

CaptainProp
12th May 2016, 06:11
Agency offering $18K / month, 6 weeks on 2 off, accommodation paid for.

Bernoulli
12th May 2016, 17:13
Chirpy Pilot, we are not 'drivers', we are Pilots. Accepting the term 'driver' continues to demean our profession and Oceancrosser is correct to resist the term. It's the sort of thing that Ryanair management wish to encourage. Don't diminish our position still further by accepting the silly term.

Jimmy The Big Greek
15th May 2016, 08:03
Do they pay for school fees for children?

fantom
15th May 2016, 16:27
The terms and conditions may have changed since my four years there but some things will not.

The mindset of the locals will be the same and it is a very difficult place to live.

Be aware.

Mr.White
15th May 2016, 18:18
Fantom, tks for the info.

Could you be more elaborated on your answer? maybe some example may help to understand

Regards

fantom
16th May 2016, 09:51
Mr White, I could write a page but it would not be fair to the Kuwatiis, many of whom I regard as friends. Let's just say that I went so as to pay my mortgage and it did. Getting back to the UK was, however, wonderful.

Mr.White
17th May 2016, 10:47
Any idea on what agency is offering 18000usd/month on a 6/2 contract accommodation paid?

TowerDog
17th May 2016, 11:21
I worked there too.
Kuwait is bit better that Saudi.
Pay was okay back then and FAA tickets was accepted initially, then we converted to Kuwaiti licenses with written tests and simulator check rides, not a big deal as company instructors were designated check airmen/examiners.
Like Fantom I went there to pay may mortgage and it was paid off in short order, but I was also glad to get out, one is almost held prisoner: Cannot leave the country on days off for a trip to London or Dubai to drink beer: No Sir, you need an Exit Visa signed by Managment. :=:sad:
It has been a few years so my information may be outdated.

CaptainProp
17th May 2016, 19:14
Zenon is the agency...

speed13ird
17th May 2016, 19:33
Bernoulli,

Pilots have referred to themselves as drivers in a self deprecating way (ironically) since the 1930s or earlier, in fact WW1 pilots were selected for their equitationary talents, (horse riding) or if you like, jockeys.

fatbus
19th May 2016, 01:43
I was a Herc driver in Air Force , nothing wrong with that .

Bernoulli
19th May 2016, 13:09
Self deprecating is just fine, I get that bit. It's when the term is picked up by others outside the group and used in a demeaning sense that it becomes unacceptable. The same principle applies to any profession. Whilst doctors may be quite happy to refer to themselves as 'quacks', 'pill merchants' etc they wouldn't welcome a patient walking through the door and calling them by these same terms.

I don't 'pilot' a bus any more than I 'drive' an aircraft.

JW411
20th May 2016, 15:44
Well, in the RAF we used to be called drivers/airframe. Never bothered me in the slightest.

Chirpy Pilot
25th May 2016, 15:46
Bernoulli! I would read the post first and get the correct person! I never said any of us where drivers!