PDA

View Full Version : The perils of Canadian Aviation ...

ExXB
27th Apr 2016, 15:31
We've got it easy in Europe

A CANLink Aviation Piper PA-44-180 Seminole (C-FZKH) on a local flight from Fredericton, NB (CYFC) reported hitting a skunk after landing Runway 27. No remains were recovered.

A Perimeter Aviation Swearingen SA226-TC (C-FIHE / PAG04) from Norway House, MB (CYNE) to Winnipeg, MB (CYWG) reported a possible rabbit strike while landing on Runway 31. No remains were found. There was no operational impact.

After landing, a WestJet Encore DHC-8-402 (C-FWEZ / WEN2350) from Calgary, AB (CYYC) to Brandon, MB (CYBR) reported that there were several rabbits on the runway during the landing roll and the aircraft may have hit one. A runway inspection was completed and no remains were found. There was no operational impact.

A Jazz DHC-8-402 (C-GBJZ / JZA8919) from Quebec, QC (CYQB) to Toronto, ON (CYYZ) reported a bird strike on Runway 05. Upon inspection multiple pieces of a gull were found. Aircraft on final were overshot, a Lufthansa Cargo Boeing 777-200F (D-ALFC / GEC8164) from Frankfurt, Germany (EDDF) to CYYZ and an Icelandair Boeing 757 200 (TFFII / ICE603) from Keflavik, Iceland (BIKF) to CYYZ, and the approach of subsequent aircraft was cancelled to clean runway of foreign object debris (FOD).

After landing, an Air Inuit DHC-6 series 300 Twin Otter (C-GNDO/AIE604), from La Grande Rivière (CYGL), QC to Kuujjuarapik (CYGW), QC, reported two dogs inside the airport perimeter. A vehicle was requested to inspect the runway. No impact on operations.

localflighteast
28th Apr 2016, 12:20
There's often a coyote hanging around the runways at one of the local airports I fly into. Last time i landed there the tower helpfully told me " the coyotes currently asleep between the VASIS"

It didn't move at all.

MY OH has had wild turkeys take a stroll out in front of his plane as he was on his takeoff roll.

WHBM
20th May 2016, 10:35
Does the fox still run across the runway at Manchester Barton (as it did in front of me a while back; apparently it was a regular).

ATR-72 in India ran over a crocodile on the runway during monsoon rains. I guess the Canadians have a way to go to equal these things elsewhere.

Trains in Africa have been occasionally derailed by charging Bull Elephants protecting their herd ahead. It must be a challenging sight for the locomotive crew to see coming.