View Full Version : Fuel Emergency on KA 320

kahaha
26th Apr 2016, 19:28
I hear that the Captain who recently exceeded the emergency limit on duty hours , declared a fuel emergency on inbound flight to HKG?

Apparently, although rec uplift asked for 45 mins extra, the captain did not upload it . Arriving in HKG and asked to hold , her inexperience (oops can i say her?) again showed through and she did max holding. Having Dropped the Alternate against the published fuel policy and continued to hold , it soon came apparent that the min fuel requirement had passed, but not being communicated to ATC .

As Dragonair pilots are all too aware , this Captain is now known as Teflon Txxxxx due to no action being taken by her husband (oops , i mean the fleet manager of A320 ) and or other management stooges.
I hear the exceedence of max duty hours was brushed under the Kafe carpet , but a FCN was issued to all other crew reminding them of their obligations regarding FTLs . Yep I'm told , "good one that " from those still in this bigoted outfit.

Back to the fuel emergency. The only action taken by management was advising all ka crew to be familiar with the fuel policy , namely NOT to drop the alternative because you are trying to suck up for a place on the 2nd floor and want a training post .

Well , it didn't exactly say that but we all know how it works overthere in Ka blah blah land .

Epic 76
27th Apr 2016, 02:38
Oh no, not a 5th time.....

Arfur Dent
27th Apr 2016, 09:20
What she did was either legal or illegal. Doesn't really matter who you know if it's the latter. Oh, sorry - this is the CAD we're talking about……………….:confused: