PDA

View Full Version : Passengers throw food, slap staff over flight delay

rotornut
26th Apr 2016, 18:15
Chinese airline passengers slap, throw food at ground staff over flight delay | (http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/26/chinese-airline-passengers-slap-throw-food-at-ground-staff-over-flight-delay)

Chronus
26th Apr 2016, 18:40
It could have been a lot worse, with headlines reading " airline staff attacked by frenzied chop stick wielding mob" .

innersole
26th Apr 2016, 18:42
And there it starts......

Chronus
26th Apr 2016, 19:05
I was hoping it would end it.

innersole
26th Apr 2016, 19:14
New meaning to "being hit with a wet noodle" :}

Chronus
26th Apr 2016, 19:35
Confucius say man with one chop stick go hungry. This explains why only food was thrown.

tdracer
26th Apr 2016, 19:35
Such cases can result in a type of non-criminal detention without trial for as long as two weeks.
:D:D:D

Concerned over such incidents on the ground and in the air, China's government has created a black list for airline passengers found to be acting disruptively or dangerously. The list is made public, and airlines, hotels and other travel professionals can use such a designation as grounds for refusing service.
To bad we could never get away with something like that in our 'civilized' societies...:mad:

Out Of Trim
26th Apr 2016, 19:45
Totally unacceptable behaviour..

It seems that airline tickets need to go up; so that a better class of customer might be encouraged!

2EggOmelette
26th Apr 2016, 20:25
I am not sure that would guarantee a better class of customer anymore...

Load Toad
27th Apr 2016, 03:31
Unfortunately this is increasingly common in China and not just regarding airlines and airports. Someone needs to teach them some manners.

PAXboy
27th Apr 2016, 09:30
On my recent trip to Oz, the groups of Chinese were to be avoided. At places of interest they crowded forward without consideration of others. On board aircraft, they had no concept of quick boarding, how to stow hand luggage, and would swap seats on a whim. They talked loudly and stood up when the seat belt sign was on. The CC knew that there was little they could do as none spoke English and clung to their guide to the exclusion and hindrance of other pax.

Basil
27th Apr 2016, 10:36
I'd some trouble with a Chinese tourist in London. She kept trying to push me out of the way until I explained to her that she wasn't in HK now and when she said "You not gentleman!" I had to explain that 'ladies make gentlemen.'
Toodle pip!

PAXboy
27th Apr 2016, 12:08
It would make interesting research:

Have Chinese people always been taught that the rest of the world is inferior
Have Chinese people only been taught that the rest of the world is inferior since the Xinhai Revolution of 1911
Are they as rude to each other as to us

Heathrow Harry
27th Apr 2016, 15:53
Yes

No

They're worse to each other

reynoldsno1
28th Apr 2016, 02:37
Was in Thailand a few months ago, visiting family. The Chinese seem totally oblivious to anything going on more than 1m from where they are standing. I have seen groups of females standing in the middle of a busy intersection in the old city in Chiang Mai, taking photos as the already mad drivers in that city get even madder.

Load Toad
28th Apr 2016, 05:01
Basil,
Hong Kongers are NOT Chinese.

Stanwell
28th Apr 2016, 05:51
Apropos Load Toad's post above...
It's important to understand that we're dealing with an issue of CULTURE here, rather than race.

So, before some hand-wringer comes on here and starts squealing about 'racism', there is a difference, you know.
Ethnic Chinese friends of mine often comment on the appallingly ignorant attitude and behaviour of the mainlanders, in particular.

BTW, Heathrow Harry's answer was spot-on.

Ancient Mariner
28th Apr 2016, 10:17
Totally unacceptable behaviour..

It seems that airline tickets need to go up; so that a better class of customer might be encouraged!

Quite the contrary, the richer and more powerful a Chinese is, the ruder he will treat someone beneath him. They can be quite vicious.
Per