PDA

View Full Version : KAL Screening

galdian
26th Apr 2016, 09:09
Hi all
Having gained info from Pprune over time thought I'd post something that may be of interest to any thinking about applying/wondering what happens etc.
Did the Korean Air screening a few weeks back on B73, assume general info's common to all fleets....but maybe not:

Day 1 SIM assessment, was an assessment and not treated as check, conducted by a foreign Captain (18 years) and Korean Captain as F/O, apparently using a foreign Captain a recent change, profile covered as provided by agencies but sequence may change;

Day 2 Psyche, standard 235 questions;

Day 3: PE, takes all day at 2 locations, thorough but nothing too out of this world, fair amount (at times) of waiting around between tests;

Day 4: Interview.

Sequence may change depending on candidates arrival time in Korea, other considerations etc.

SIM and PSYCHE are both "go home if fail" items, apparently 5% fail the Psyche outright and about 50% require "counselling" later, just a 10 minute chat with someone which doesn't appear to lead to many, if any, subsequent "fails".

SIM: nothing too out of the box, a couple of times put you a little "high and fast" or "hurry hurry" just to see your management.

PE: seems they look overall, not just one or two "not negotiable" areas, main concerns are blood pressure and cholestoral - however they'd prefer under control with medication rather than marginal without, regards tests they will do extra tests if they feel required - but feels the intent is to use info to pass you rather than as multiple reasons to fail you.

INTERVIEW: panel changes, typically a general chat with some tech questions but not "explain the GPWS system" but "if on T/O you had windshear what would you do" type stuff, operational rather than engineering; not surprisingly some "how would you handle this" personal interaction scenarios.

You never know what to expect in screenings - I found Korean Air to be pleasant and practical, positive in the approach rather than neutral or negative/aggressive.

Cheers. :ok:

fatbus
26th Apr 2016, 09:20
Thanks and good luck to you .

DJM1209
28th Apr 2016, 13:02
Thanks for info.
Silly question and probably covered in another thread.
Any ideas on their policies about tattoos?

galdian
3rd May 2016, 05:33
Sorry no idea regards tattoo's in Korea, in Japan still viewed as a huge negative.

However as my visit to Korea showed me - in some areas regards practicality and commonsense Korea have moved decades (I don't think centuries but could be a line call! :ugh:) ahead of Japan so an outside chance tatts aren't the drama they are in Japan.

Cheers. :ok:

pedalpedalpedal
5th May 2016, 23:00
They have never even noted mine, but I have none that show with my uniform on!
Thanks for info.
Silly question and probably covered in another thread.
Any ideas on their policies about tattoos?

proflyer9
14th May 2016, 07:37
Thanks for the info :ok:

What are they offering these days w.r.t. remuneration and upgrades? I know there is a section about KAL , but would appreciate what they are offering, lately?

Thanks in advance

Left Seat on the BUS
:}

subin30
16th May 2016, 11:02
It is true the license conversion to Korean KOCA license now require a Skills Test? Use to be just written test and oral test.

galdian
27th Jun 2016, 01:10
bianchi

some info from a couple of months ago.

cheers
galdian

bianchi
27th Jun 2016, 14:09
bianchi

some info from a couple of months ago.

cheers
galdian