PDA

View Full Version : J* Nihongo First Officer recruitment

galdian
26th Apr 2016, 02:23
I suppose stranger things may happen....but not many.

Parc advertising for experienced A320 F/O's stating (rapid) promotion prospects , recruiting due expansion plans etc etc.

Interesting (one must assume) the idea of joining J* Nihongo not that attractive for local F/O's - wonder why?

After the purging of foreign devils from the Captains ranks can only imagine will be an exciting ride for anyone who takes on the esteemed JAL/JAS mafia as an ever so humble First Officer....and a foreign devil to boot!!

The ability to curtail saying "...you must be f**king joking..." too often probably a prime requisite for a PROFESSIONALLY trained and proficient A320 First Officer.

Cheers. :ok:

The Dominican
26th Apr 2016, 10:58
Now in English......., LOL!

What's this about?

galdian
26th Apr 2016, 12:05
Dom you surprise me, you MUST have heard about the "interesting" ideas the JAL/JAS sacked ones have brought into all the airlines in nihongoland EXCEPT Air Japan....because your operation didn't take any on.

OK.
- Parc Aviation, on behalf Jetstar Japan, advertising for experienced non-Japanese F/O's with the dangling carrot of (rapid) promotion;
- what? no local F/O's interested in joining OR unable to upgrade...why??
- how many gaijin captains in J*Japan....well a couple of years ago couple of dozen, now??
- when your operational philosophy (to please the old, exalted ones) is "do whatever you want, fly it like a Boeing..." then any foreign F/O who's been trained to fly it professionally may be want, at times, to politely enquire "....really, that seems most un-airbus..." or similar words.

In addition there are court cases pending against J*nihongo for contract abuses - and abuses under standard Japanese labour laws, now THAT stuff will be real interesting - as well as wondering why there's a number of current pilots applying to CAL, J* pacific and others, both captains and F/O's.

Why would any Japanese pilots want to escape the JAL/JAS utopia mentality - and the magical management mentality that engenders??
BTW - did I ever mention the AirDo B767 check ride JAL/JAS management mentality story....sadly not a fairy tale, all true (whats 50kts above gear/flap speed limitations amongst the JAL/JAS chosen? Probably not worth mentioning to JCAB!....didn't THAT work out spiffingly!)

That's about it - trust enlightened....at least a little bit!

Cheers :ok:

The Dominican
26th Apr 2016, 15:39
Lots of nonsense indeed....! LOL!

We have our own share of strange idiosyncratic behavior........, but I'm happy to say that not as much on the operations side of things.

avoka
27th Apr 2016, 02:29
I'm just wondering how many guys with level 6 do they want to get?

avoka
27th Apr 2016, 02:36
Is it true that guys there have to pay 30% his income in according to tax policy?
What's his net income? How much money do they have in his pocket monthly?

gtseraf
27th Apr 2016, 05:01
I remember seeing 3 or 4 A320 from this airline parked in the maintenance area at Narita, pretty much 24 hrs a day. Then they slowly disappeared, until recently. Now they are back, 3 or 4 parked all day.

Is it a sign of excess aircraft, pilot shortage??

remote
9th May 2016, 07:31
Ian, Dom cant understand you and the Russian doubts your level 6 credentials....put the glass down before you post.

galdian
9th May 2016, 10:03
remote

I think Dom has the picture (admittedly after I clarified a few things) and the Russian was asking recruitment/contract questions that should be directed to parc, J* Nihongo or whomever.

I think all OK....maybe! :ok:

galdian
14th May 2016, 23:31
For interest apparently both the Chief Pilot and Head of C&T have "decided" (or had the matter decided FOR them) to return to the line - with the thanks from management for their sterling efforts etc etc.

New CP inbound from JAL via NCA for the last few years.

Generally fair to say usually need a crowbar to remove office holders, maybe enough leverage was made apparent to assist in their abdication.

What's the old joke - to lose one senior management person is unfortunate, to lose two pure carelessness...!

Cheers. :ok:

stick&rudder15
30th Jun 2016, 01:45
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the interview process.
I have an upcoming Skype interview next week. I would also appreciate any more info on the company.