PDA

View Full Version : A330 - three low chimes in cabin

Gunnadothat
25th Apr 2016, 14:16
Hi All,

Quick question I hope someone can answer for me.
Flying back from SE Asia today and on descent nearing 10000ft I heard three low chimes, and a further three low chimes about two mins later. A red light was flashing on the F/As panels near the door stations.

In all the flights I've been on in the A330 I've never heard this particular alert in the cabin, and i'm wondering what it is a notification for.

thanks in advance
GDT

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Apr 2016, 14:25
I believe it means "standby to jump"!

CaptainMongo
25th Apr 2016, 14:34
Could be a lav smoke detector went off, that's what it means on our narrow body buses. The chimes and lights on the Area Call Panel alert the FA's to check the Attendant Indication Panel to determine which lav smoke detector went off. This is operator dependent and very well could not have applied to your experience.

PDR1
25th Apr 2016, 14:42
It's the signal for the flight deck crew to return the Flight Attendants to the upright position as the aeroplane is approaching the heights where claimed drone sightings start sounding more credible.

PDR

Gunnadothat
25th Apr 2016, 14:53
Thanks all for the responses...Still chuckling over the standby to jump.... The lav appears to be the most likely, given the speed of the F/As up the aisle to the rear of the aircraft.

parabellum
25th Apr 2016, 15:05
Actually it is the crew call to tea, which will be served in the forward cabin.

easyflyer83
25th Apr 2016, 16:51
Yep, definitely the LAV smoke indication. Three triple low chimes every 30 seconds.

halfofrho
28th Apr 2016, 13:44
Was it like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhMjFc-5rs