PDA

View Full Version : Best/cheapest schools for EASA ATPL written !

Cristiandan
25th Apr 2016, 09:52
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a good school to study the 14 ATPL written exams , which has a good amount of classroom instruction. Also who has an acceptable price. :)

Cruiseclimb
19th Aug 2016, 19:48
I'm looking for the same...

Jaair
19th Aug 2016, 19:57
Bristol Ground School seems to be a favourite among pilots taking the modular route

Gordon Bennet
20th Aug 2016, 05:36
But they are not the only game in town.......

Standards Document 31 from the CAA gives you the complete list. As with all schools, check them all out to see which ones you are comfortable with.

G

ClearedTakeOff
20th Aug 2016, 12:32
I did my exams with Bristol and finished in Feb/March this year. I was happy with the product. The books and online material are both great. I showed them to a friend who is doing his ground school with CATS and he said the Bristol stuff is much user friendlier than the CATS material. Yes, CATS is cheaper. But cheaper doesn't always mean better!! Obviously, this only applies that you are looking at distance learning.. Full time, I have a few friends at Oxford who rave about their ground school. You're talking about £5k for the course though.

italianairman
22nd Aug 2016, 01:31
hello guys, I'm going to start my distance learning with CATS, which is the cheapest course i found. My question is: do you think that the online material is enough or is better to buy also the printed books?

Lokki
22nd Aug 2016, 09:44
CATS the cheapest. Bristol material (books) are very good. You can always purchase them online ebay etc..

Global_Global
22nd Aug 2016, 13:30
Bristol Ground School is the best and remember the best word of advice you just received: Best and cheapest are usually mutually exclusive. :8

Gordon Bennet
22nd Aug 2016, 13:37
To quote John Ruskin:

"When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."

Having said that, you can also pay well over the odds. The keyword is to check out value, and what you get overall. For example, don't just look at the cost of the course, but how long you have to go to the classroom and whether the local B & B take prisoners or not.....

G