PDA

View Full Version : Lufttransport?

Krautwald
25th Apr 2016, 09:15
Hi all.

I came across this company Lufttransport. Seems adventurous!

Is this a tough place to get into? The work looks demanding, so maybe they prefer military pilots and other physical people?

Also, with such remote bases, do they require you live there or will they pay for commuting?

Happy to hear about them if you happen to know.:cool:

Krautwald
25th Apr 2016, 18:51
Very funny indeed.

Facts still welcome.

sterkulf
26th Apr 2016, 15:05
Scandinavian language required..

Krautwald
30th Apr 2016, 13:47
Norsk kursus er i gang.

And no offense taken. :cool: I have always accepted national restrictions in the countries Iīve worked in, because to be fair, many of the good conditions that make you go there are based on exactly those restrictions. Be humble, be a good productive immigrant and hope for your lucky day is my motto.

However, we have moved to Norway already and when I am done with my modular training and hour building I hope to be domestic enough to at least try. Hence my threads about Norwegian operators.

Anybody here know if the King Air is kind of a one-way street? Once an ambulance pilot, always an ambulance pilot? I know Lufttransport has other planes somewhere in a real Arctic place, but that doesn't mean you are easily transferred to those jobs (like 15 year waiting list or something...).
I know I am nowhere near that, but since I moved to a Nordic country I am just curious how that Arctic flying of the various operators is going down and whether it is an option worth pursuing - or rather a waste of time, if e.g. they want ex-military guys or whatever is required that I canīt provide.

flyhayes
8th May 2016, 22:39
Any info on schedule and qol?
I'm a Swedish citizen but only have my FAA Certificates and Ratings, so there is that....

semmern
10th May 2016, 11:03
Schedule is 7/7/7/14. A week on, a week off, a week on again and then two weeks off.

flyhayes
11th May 2016, 01:58
Compared to what I'm used to at the U.S. airlines, that's a pretty sweet schedule.
What about bases etc?

An2
13th May 2016, 09:14
Schedule: 7on-7off-7on-14off.
Starting salary: ≈500'000 NOK
Part of commuting costs covered.
Type-rating paid for.
Nordic language.
Almost no turn-over of pilots, and there is a little pool, waiting.
Chances of getting in, without internal recommendation: Slim, to none....

alexandrantonia
29th May 2016, 15:49
Nordic or Scandinavian language?

VFR-Norway
5th Jun 2016, 08:27
I only know native norwegians in LT.

Krautwald
19th Jul 2017, 12:34
I just saw that Babcock won the Norwegian air ambulance contract. How is Lufttransports position? Are they out of the game, or contracting for Babcock, or bought?

Any news?

Alpha Golf Mike
21st Dec 2017, 11:16
Any latest news?

Sikorsky
3rd Jan 2018, 10:09
There is a danish guy flying in LT(now AirLift). I think there are a few swedes as well.

Airlift to take over pilotage service from Lufttransport ? Airlift - Helicopter Company (http://www.en.airlift.no/news/2017/7/4/airlift-to-take-over-pilotage-service-from-lufttransport)