PDA

View Full Version : Renewal of a lapsed cpl

Dougghnutts10
23rd Apr 2016, 05:13
Hi all, my cpl expired in 2013. I am trying to renew it now. As per dgca I have to give all the dgca papers again, I am not sure if that means technical included or just reg, met and nav. Tried calling dgca number of times but if only they pick up.... Any one here who knows something about renewal of a lapsed cpl?

pilotbaba
23rd Apr 2016, 06:59
Yes I do... I renewed mine after a long gap.

From the date of expiry, If it is more than 1 yr but up to 3 years, then you only need air regs.

More than 3 years, you will need all exams, air regs, Avn Met, Navigation, Technical general & specific..

Also, something to remember, you can give a renewal check ride in only the a/c that was endorsed on your cpl, so give the tech specific of the a/c that is already on your cpl.

You will valid 1st class medical, and also need the FRTO valid & Wpc Rtr valid..

You will also need a ELP (English language proficiency) endorsement before you can do your renewal test..

Long road buddy, but try to arrest it before 3 year mark... Passing all exams is not easy & the real struggle is after the exams...

Dougghnutts10
23rd Apr 2016, 07:57
Thank you for the detailed reply... I have already crossed 3 years so will have to go through all of it again. Though I was hoping technical wouldn't be required but in any case for any airline will be studying all this again.. And what better way to check my knowledge than dgca.. :ugh::O

cyrilroy21
23rd Apr 2016, 17:49
If you had converted the CPL you only need to give NAV , MET and REGS . This was told to a friend of mine by the head of the DTL section

Although if you get a chance visit the DGCA DTL Section on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 2pm and 5 pm and hear it from them. Filing an RTI with the DGCa helps if you want your question answered in writing

Dougghnutts10
23rd Apr 2016, 17:59
Thank you for replying. Yes I had converted FAA to Indian CPL.. A little relieved to hear lesser exams.. I will make the dgca trip and do the needful.. Thanks a ton again!

The AeRoDOME
28th Apr 2016, 18:54
Hi there people!
have this query,

I had done my multi engine flying on a PA34-200 SENECA, the multi engine endorsement on my CPL says PA 34. My CPL shall be lapsing soon for which I have to do recency flying.

can I go ahead and do my recency flying on the PA34-220T , which is a turbocharged variant of the PA34, and DGCA shall have no objection regarding the variant issue in my application for renewal of my CPL.

Any input appreciated. Thanks

gsmart329
28th Dec 2017, 12:50
Thank you for replying. Yes I had converted FAA to Indian CPL.. A little relieved to hear lesser exams.. I will make the dgca trip and do the needful.. Thanks a ton again!

I am in the same situation, can you please guide me, For license expired more than 3 years, which exam is required ? (I guess all) and how much of total flying need to be done ? Thanks

Mohazin320
23rd Aug 2023, 09:32
hi bro, have you visited DGCA to check regarding the CPL license renewal expired more than three years.

Hi all, my cpl expired in 2013. I am trying to renew it now. As per dgca I have to give all the dgca papers again, I am not sure if that means technical included or just reg, met and nav. Tried calling dgca number of times but if only they pick up.... Any one here who knows something about renewal of a lapsed cpl?

rohit_sra
4th Sep 2023, 12:12
Hi Guys
even my CPL lapsed for more than 3 years .. kindly update ..