PDA

View Full Version : Advices sought

Piloto Maluco
22nd Apr 2016, 19:16
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am actually creating this thread because I'd like to get some comments about my budget planned for the training that I will start on September 2016.
I want to get a dual qualification EASA/FAA, hoping that it will help me to get a job for exemple in corporate aviation and be able to relocate anywhere in the world.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11rcu_uCSm6JrLXbs4t4CP83Snes34vhY08w4s2RCNxA/edit?usp=sharing

Your help will be highly appreciated

wonder88
22nd Apr 2016, 23:03
Maybe add 5-10% for unforeseen circumstances.

ersa
23rd Apr 2016, 02:51
Not sure what your eating , $2000 for 5 months of food...

I would add a 25% on top of all that easy, the numbers you have quoted are minimums

TowerDog
23rd Apr 2016, 03:49
. Not sure what your eating , $2000 for 5 months of food...

I would add a 25% on top of all that easy, the numbers you have quoted are minimums

Aye, he is not too far off.
When I was in flight school in the US a few short years ago, we had a food allowance of $35 per week, paid every Friday.
$30 went straight to beer and dancing girls that same Friday and the remaining $5 was used for bags of pancake mix for the next 6 days.
(Pancake mix, for you foreigners: A bag of powder one can mix with water, then pour in a frying pan to make a large number of pancakes. A bag can last for 5-6 days if you are 20 years old)

Needless to say, we were all skinny and enjoyed life with flying, beer and pancake mix. :cool:

Piloto Maluco
23rd Apr 2016, 04:59
Maybe add 5-10% for unforeseen circumstances.
Not sure what your eating , $2000 for 5 months of food...

Thank you Wonder 88 and Ersa; I was actually thinking to add 15% on final budget planned

Aye, he is not too far off.
When I was in flight school in the US a few short years ago, we had a food allowance of $35 per week, paid every Friday.
$30 went straight to beer and dancing girls that same Friday and the remaining $5 was used for bags of pancake mix for the next 6 days.
(Pancake mix, for you foreigners: A bag of powder one can mix with water, then pour in a frying pan to make a large number of pancakes. A bag can last for 5-6 days if you are 20 years old)

Needless to say, we were all skinny and enjoyed life with flying, beer and pancake mix. :cool:

Thank you for your culinary advice :cool:

RHSandLovingIt
23rd Apr 2016, 23:28
Best advice I can offer (as I'm in no way qualified to comment on costs of EASA/FAA licence acquisition):

As with any budget, make sure you include some "sanity money"... even if it is only $5/week, just have something that you can "waste" on frivolous stuff every now and then.

You don't want to end up obsessing over every last penny if you're made the numbers too tight!

Piloto Maluco
24th Apr 2016, 20:07
Best advice I can offer (as I'm in no way qualified to comment on costs of EASA/FAA licence acquisition):

As with any budget, make sure you include some "sanity money"... even if it is only $5/week, just have something that you can "waste" on frivolous stuff every now and then.

You don't want to end up obsessing over every last penny if you're made the numbers too tight!

Thanks for the advice!!