PDA

View Full Version : A320 Hydraulic transient OE Taxi

MD83FO
19th Apr 2016, 12:39
was recently asked why on a one engine taxi in, it is not recommended to make hydraulic inputs at engine shut down, when the green system is not affected.
thanks

PENKO
19th Apr 2016, 13:28
What do you mean exactly? Which hydraulic inputs? The parking brake is usually on at that stage, and that's hydraulic.

Speedwinner
19th Apr 2016, 13:29
What do you mean exactly? Which hydraulic inputs? The parking brake is usually on at that stage, and that's hydraulic.

Sorry the question is not understandable

MD83FO
19th Apr 2016, 14:05
I specified one engine taxi in, aircraft is rolling, the procedure recommends, shut down engine while in a straight line, i have also evidenced loss of braking for one second when engine 2 is shut down while pedals pressed.

tubby linton
19th Apr 2016, 14:26
It is due to electrical transients and the bscu.

CaptainMongo
19th Apr 2016, 15:10
As tubby correctly said, electrical transients.

Our SOP is to control the electrical supply. After landing and preparing for single engine taxi the FO will ask if he is clear to turn off the number two generator. The Captain is to not make any steering or braking inputs while the generator is being turned off. This allows the FO to shut down the engine after the cool down period.

As to your other point, I have occasionally experienced a bleed off in brake pressure when the number two engine is shut down. This does not happen all the time, the pressure does not go to zero, just braking effectiveness is decreased for a few seconds before it resumes to normal.

Anybody have any ideas on that?