PDA

View Full Version : urgent: aircraft network planning

crew_scheduler
19th Apr 2016, 11:24
Hello all,

i need a software where it can create and build hub and spoke sub-city.

lets say my hub is X . i have 9 destination with 6 aircraft . also, i have 2 different fleet aircraft with will cover 2 other destination.

i need to know m connection time and number of routes that i can make connection

i know there are expensive software sabre , aims and other. Im looking for simple tool to download from internet or something cheap like 100 or 200 us dollar just to build routing . i want to give the system values

number of destinations . number of aircraft. ground time and block time . then hit enter and make a timetable

any thing like that ?

please advice ASAP

thank you

dc9-32
19th Apr 2016, 11:47
You realise this is a professional site right ?

crew_scheduler
19th Apr 2016, 12:58
dc9-32

what do you mean by its professional site?

i know its a professional site . that's why im asking experience people in network planning. which software are they using and what tools they are using other than expensive software

dc9-32
20th Apr 2016, 07:11
Apologies if I misunderstood you.

When I see the below in the same sentence, I had to ask the question:

i know there are expensive software sabre , aims and other. Im looking for simple tool to download from internet or something cheap like 100 or 200 us dollar just to build routing

If you want to do this correctly, my advice would be to steer clear of cheap tools. Investment pays off in the end.

Just my opinion you understand.

crew_scheduler
20th Apr 2016, 09:45
im one million percent agree with you. but when your company dont wanna pay money to buy software like OASIS ( osched dot com) then you gotta find something as individual user. even some advanced excel spread

so i need something to work out my hub and spoke operation for forecasting .

i have deadline and im getting frustrated

spitfire_sl
20th Apr 2016, 16:43
Its seems like you're stuck.

You will need to invest in some sort of program or another, expensive or cheap.

Most of these companies will offer a 30 day free trial, you can always ask for a trial from different providers to try them out and get you started.

After the trial with different providers, you can just pick the least expensive one and make a case to your employer to invest in it, citing the benefits, and the fact that it's the cheapest on the market.