PDA

View Full Version : Fastest ATPL Thepry Course? (FAA,EASA,ICAO)?

Ziggzaggz
18th Apr 2016, 22:34
Hi Guys,

So i have done all my flying training in Australia and now hold a CASA ICAO CPL.

To pass the Australian ATPL exams you must sit 7 exams. the fastest program for these exams is a 6 week ground school course.

I heard that FAA is alot easier and faster and the prep can be done in under 2 weeks. I hear that the FAA ATP (ATPL equivalence) is made from a question bank of 1500 questions that can pretty much be memorized.

Just wondering if any know knows what the fastest way to complete all the ATPL theory subjects would be.

any advise is welcome,

thanks

ersa
19th Apr 2016, 05:16
zigzaggs,

The FAA is at the top of the list , the EASA is bottom for speediness of passing

You say you have a OZ CPL, what are you trying to achieve ?, if you have just passed the cpl you won't have enough hours for the ATPL anyway.

If you go the FAA route, you will also need to pass the FAA CPL as well as the FAA ATP, don't forget the new ATP compulsory ground school as well.

Ive done them all , if your in OZ and want to fly there , just get your head in the books and pass the ATPL exams in OZ

paco
19th Apr 2016, 06:10
Don't underestimate the FAA ATP. You may be able to memorise the questions but you will need to know your stuff in depth for the check ride. That will take a bit more than a couple of weeks.

MarkerInbound
19th Apr 2016, 18:04
If you go the FAA route, you will also need to pass the FAA CPL as well as the FAA ATP, don't forget the new ATP compulsory ground school as well.

You qualify for the FAA if you hold a foreign commercial with an IR. But you have to have your CAA verify it to the FAA. The ATP CTP takes about a week but doesn't cover much of the actual test subjects. So add another few days of self studying. As pointed out the single written isn't much but the oral exam can go on for hours with no multiple choice answers provided.