PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory and Sponsorship.

jonathang
8th Feb 2002, 17:20
How do the airlines look on people which have completed ATPL Theory when selecting cadets? . .Do think of your being to experienced for the courses? . .After my PPL would like to start on the Modular route.

Just wondering if that then makes it harder to get a place with potential sponsorships in the future?

I was also wondering which Schools people general think are best for Modular training and rough prices?

Thinking about Triple ‘A’ Flying.

What do people think of International Flight Training? They seem to cheap!

Thanks in advance for any help,

JonathanG

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: jonathang ]</p>

flying doc
8th Feb 2002, 17:26
Hi JG,

There is a guy on a current BA course who started the modular route, (not sure how far he got through) before his selection. It proved no probem.

Expect to have to start again from scratch though, with both flying and groundschool if you get sponsored. If you can afford it, seriously think about OAT modular. The exams are hard enough as it is, and you need excellent support to get through.. trust me on this one. The books from OAT are good, as are the modular staff. Try looking at the @sk Oxford forums on their webpage.

FD

Jasondoig
8th Feb 2002, 18:29
Talking with BA prior to Sept. they said that you can be as far as you want down the study route, the information you learn doesn't necessarily change so it won't be held against you, if anything it is a plus on the side of showing your motivation. The thing they don't like is too many flying hours a figure they seemed to pull out of the air was 150 max.

jonathang
8th Feb 2002, 18:45
Thanks for the replies. Just don't want to be waiting about for sponsorships when I could be working towards the goal.

JonathanG

Lucifer
8th Feb 2002, 18:58
The figure is 200 hours, however do not expect it to be applied in all cases, since of course people have variable circumstances.