PDA

View Full Version : Finding the appropriate CASR

sizzle66
17th Apr 2016, 07:12
Maybe my view of the CAR1988 and the CASR1998 are wrong, but since (in my understanding) we use the CASR now, shouldn't we be able to find the 'old' CAR in the new CASR?

For example I'm looking for CAR139 updated into the CASR. If so, how can I find this? Has anyone found a way?

Cheers.

thorn bird
17th Apr 2016, 21:42
There are three methods of finding things in the Maze of Australia's world leading aviation regulations.

1. The first involves a live chicken and a sharp knife. Bit messy and you have to
have some understanding of chicken entrails.

2. The second requires the mystic chanting of ancient runes. Make sure you get
the order right or you may conjure up some fearful beast from the dungeon
dimension.

3. The third method involves calling someone in CASA, not very reliable and can
take a very long time.

Lead Balloon
17th Apr 2016, 21:55
4. Throw it all in the air, and pick one page at random on the way down. Doesn't matter which, because you can be sure its content will be confusing and include a strict liability offence.

Arm out the window
17th Apr 2016, 23:27
It's still in the CARs, VOL 3 Part 11 Div 1.

Going to be a long road before everything is in the CASRs by the looks, and even when it is the numbering system isn't helpful at all - no real differentiation between what's what, just a bunch of numbers.

Two_dogs
18th Apr 2016, 02:22
Of course, the new CAsA website makes it so easy to find what you're looking for. :ugh:

thorn bird
18th Apr 2016, 06:25
Jeez Lead, you need a front end loader just to pick up the reg's, let alone throw them in the air!, besides they'd have to clear fell most of Tasmania's forests to make enough paper to print them all.

Cuban Eight
20th Apr 2016, 08:20
Only pilots rated on the Metro family of aircraft pre CASR Part 61 can be accepted due to the speed at which CASA work.

Word-for-word from an AFAP ad today. Had a good chuckle at the frank realism.

CPL is required for this position.

From same ad, clearly the new regs can be so hard to navigate that some applicants don't realise they need a CPL to be employed as a pilot! They must have received some interesting non-CPL applications in the past...

FJ44
20th Apr 2016, 09:50
Only pilots rated on the Metro family of aircraft pre CASR Part 61 can be accepted due to the speed at which CASA work.

Sent off paperwork in December to add a type rating, ( I've had a part 61 licence for over 12 months already) and received the updated licence last week.
Only 4 months. Amazing efficiency.

Lead Balloon
20th Apr 2016, 10:04
But think about how much safety was achieved.

I would have felt uneasy if the rating paperwork had been processed and returned to you in under 3 months. The mind boggles at the risk to aviation safety if the paperwork had been processed in under 2 months.

It's hard to fathom why some people don't consider Part 61 to be an improvement.