PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the old GLA and EDI shuttles to LHR?

Bond'll Do
15th Apr 2016, 20:10
Anyone any clue as to why booking on supposed 'BA Shuttles' from GLA and EDI to LHR these days (Summer Schedules) is showing 'Jet-time' and other aircraft services on these routes?

I tried to book recently and it showed a Japan Airlines flight number from GLA-LHR with a 737 by 'Jet-time' operating the route? WTF?

:sad:

fa2fi
15th Apr 2016, 20:18
It's just a wet lease I believe operating on a few ex LHR departures throughout summer. I forget the entire list but I'm pretty certain CPH is one too and ABZ. I believe it's so the mainline aircraft can operate some charters. If you already booked and the flight switched to Jet Time you're able to change your booking to a mainline operated flight. They've removed some seats so the legroom will be standard and the service regular BA style. Didn't they do something similar last year with Titan?

The Japan Airlines thing is a bit strange. But the occasional odd codeshare does come up. I remember at BRS the automated voice telling us to go to the gate for Kenya Airways to Amsterdam, no mention of KLM!

DaveReidUK
15th Apr 2016, 20:40
BA are leasing two JetTime 737-700s for the S16 season. They operate to ABZ, CPH, EDI and GLA.

GLA and other UK domestics are codeshared with, amongst others, AA, AY, IB, JJ, JL and RJ.

EGPFlyer
15th Apr 2016, 20:45
The Little Red slots have reverted to BA but they don't have the airframes to use them so have had to wet lease

Heathrow Harry
16th Apr 2016, 12:30
they don't give much for their internal flights and so are happy to bring in a sub-contractor while they make money flying international TBH

CabinCrewe
16th Apr 2016, 12:49
...when did CPH become a uncared for internal flight?

CaptainDoony
16th Apr 2016, 12:59
CPH is the main base for Jettime so one aircraft overnights in Copenhagen each night so Line Maintenance etc. can be performed on home turf.

rutankrd
16th Apr 2016, 13:14
Actually both return to Copenhagen each day for crew change line mx etc,,.May even be to fuel up

One does a midday return and as you say the other returns for a nights sleep.

Oh and you also have a chance that your SAS flight to/from Copenhagen may be on Jettime too as they employ them as well

DaveReidUK
16th Apr 2016, 17:12
Oh and you also have a chance that your SAS flight to/from Copenhagen may be on Jettime too as they employ them as well

But don't hold your breath - in the last couple of years there have only been half-a-dozen instances.

ScotsSLF
16th Apr 2016, 19:03
Flew LHR - GLA on the Jettime B737-700 last week. Same BA cabin Service from Jettime cabin crew who were excellent and actually better leg room (or felt like it) than the usual A320.

Heathrow Harry
18th Apr 2016, 14:32
".when did CPH become a uncared for internal flight?"

I was refering to their use on UK internal flights to ABZ etc -