PDA

View Full Version : Loss of career instructors!

EC DKN
13th Apr 2016, 16:39
Hi,

I am looking to decide between Airways Flight Training and Pat (Bournemouth) I now that this subject has been post many times here but I would like an update!

I noticed that PAT has lost many instructors in the recent years but meanwhile AFT hasn't lost any! Which school do you think is better currently in terms of FIs?

Thanks!

paco
13th Apr 2016, 16:48
PAT certainly have a good reputation, and there could be very good reasons for the movement. The best thing to do is go and visit them, as you would with any school.

Phil

EC DKN
13th Apr 2016, 17:03
Thanks Paco I will visit both! ;)

BigGrecian
13th Apr 2016, 18:55
Both excellent schools.

They are different but you won't go wrong with either.

Sword_2
17th Apr 2016, 03:11
Went to both a few years back - PAT for the combined CPL/Multi (decided to do the whole course on the Duchess) as I was still pretty green, and then Airways for the IR.
Both were very very good, I had Maddy at PAT and she was great. The things that swung Bournemouth for me were the weather, and the on-site examiners (not sure if this is still the case?)
For Airways I went purely for their instructors - all ace and extremely experienced.
I picked both not on price but on quality, and thought they offered the best products respectively.
Followed up a bit later with an FI course at Western Air in Thruxton which is run by David Scouller, a massively experienced ex-ETPS test pilot! Pretty sure he's still going..