PDA

View Full Version : BCFT

swelladdict
11th Apr 2016, 21:13
Dear fellow Ppruner's,

Any of you could provide a recent feedback of BCFT ? especially in comparison with other Bournemouth players...

It seems that many students start their ATPL with them and then leave for the flying part... :rolleyes: can't find any reason for such a move if the school sill holds its reputation..prices maybe ?

diggafile
12th Apr 2016, 11:18
Mainly due to promises of jobs by other ATOs which never materialise. BCFT prices are competitive and student placement has been as good anywhere else.

9287Excellent
18th Apr 2016, 12:02
I completed my training with BCFT (CPL and ME/IR) a few years ago after my original flying school (Cabair) went into administration, but thats another story. I had heard good things about BCFT and I wasn't disappointed. I started my training shortly after a change in management which seemed to be for the better in my experience.
I have heard a mixture of reviews about them recently, some good and some not so good, which I think is the case for a lot of schools, but I have heard a few stories recently about preferences given to Integrated students over modular students, but I can't say as this was the case when I was there however.
I would say don't be taken in by promises of a job from particularly one of the Bournemouth schools, I know a lot of students who have been there and its very much 50/50 with the ones who get a job as a pilot straight out of training and ones who didn't. One person I know who trained at said school, spent two years as Cabin crew with Easyjet before getting a F/O job with Ryanair (the same job as a lot of the guys I trained with at BCFT) but then others who walked straight into pilot jobs.
I apologise my experiences aren't desperately recent, but hopefully they'll help.

SinBin
22nd Apr 2016, 09:25
I trained there quite a long time ago (9/10 yrs). Was a good place to fly out of, lots of people left after the ATPLs because of the gossip of first time pass rates, which to be honest is more down to the individual rather than the standard of training, which was pretty good in those days, may I add. Anyway, I'm now a short haul captain at the 'world's favourite airline', so it can't have been that bad!

diggafile
25th Apr 2016, 13:32
Most schools have there ups and downs. There is no preference given to integrated students over modular students at any of the schools I know who provide both types of training. It is simply a different way of training.

swelladdict
26th Apr 2016, 13:51
Thank you all for your kind and detailed answers! :D

JumboJet1999
18th Jan 2018, 21:23
Anyone care to share their review of very recent (i.e. within the past year or so) or current experiences with BCFT? Thinking of finishing off my PPL there in Spring or even doing my CPL/IR (modular) there in a couple year's time.

I am ever so puzzled as I have always heard extremely mixed reviews regarding BCFT, but these are from ex-students who would have trained there several years ago now and an awful lot appears to have changed with the school since.

dook
19th Jan 2018, 14:33
9287Excellent.

We must know each other.

cameloid
20th Jan 2018, 00:35
Nor would I do the ground schooll.

Why not? I’m actually thinking about taking their ATPL Theory ground school.

cameloid
20th Jan 2018, 02:42
That’s interesting, where do you check pass rates?

I hold FAA CPL/IR/ME with 900 hrs TT, so the subjects are not completely new to me, and I’m considering self-study as well. I just see full-tome course as an opportunity to improve my far-from-perfect English in native-speaking environment. But I didn’t check their lodging rates so far, that’s true.

paco
22nd Jan 2018, 03:51
I just love the way Europeans sneer at the FAA system when they could actually learn a thing or two, especially when it comes to check rides and grillings on your actual knowledge

Gazza88
22nd Jan 2018, 05:23
As a very senior captain at a worldwide airline, I for one object to the whole notion of 250 hour pilots being anywhere near the controls of a large jet. Fortunately we don’t hire any, so it’s not my problem. But a problem it is. But pointing the finger at the US, implying that they are somehow inferior to the hand selected products the U.K. produces is nieve and pompous.

I wonder if you were so against the whole notion of 250 hour pilots near the controls of a large jet when you were one of them? Before you were a very senior captain at a worldwide airline on ‘your’ heavy Airbus. How many accidents have there been in the last 20 years attributed to FO inexperience?

rudestuff
22nd Jan 2018, 11:10
Calm down chaps. There are pros and cons to both systems which only those who hold both will understand - none of it relevant to this thread!

JumboJet1999
22nd Jan 2018, 12:26
^Yes, can we please stick to the topic of BCFT?

Drussjnr
22nd Jan 2018, 15:37
why not BCFT for PPL? and where else should people look then?

Drussjnr
22nd Jan 2018, 20:13
Well... Bournemouth, so that's why I was thinking about it for most of my training. Not exactly sure what I want to do in aviation yet, looking into fic. So really looking for professional flight training from ppl upwards really. I'm guessing saving on accommodation on top makes bcft a good option?

Edit: doing ok money wise, don't have the world so cannot afford l3/FTE etc

AmbitiousEngineer
14th Jun 2018, 19:37
Intriguing, from the research I have put in regarding prices and rates compared with most other schools in the southern UK area, BCFT are very well priced in my opinion. I have been enquiring over the past few months for their ATPL ground CPL ME IR etc and they have been more then helpful, I also know a few FO's in the current company I work for that have completed their training with them and highly recommend.

P. S. I'm booked on the Modular ATPL course in November at BCFT this year, so if anyone else is going then hit me up! :ok:

1scottwilliams
11th Aug 2018, 21:33
Intriguing, from the research I have put in regarding prices and rates compared with most other schools in the southern UK area, BCFT are very well priced in my opinion. I have been enquiring over the past few months for their ATPL ground CPL ME IR etc and they have been more then helpful, I also know a few FO's in the current company I work for that have completed their training with them and highly recommend.

P. S. I'm booked on the Modular ATPL course in November at BCFT this year, so if anyone else is going then hit me up! :ok:

I am booked on to the Alpha1 Modular ATPL course, starting October 1st!

See you there :ok:

AmbitiousEngineer
18th Aug 2018, 18:35
I am booked on to the Alpha1 Modular ATPL course, starting October 1st!

See you there :ok:

Awesome!

Modular all the way!