PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Kingsford-Smith - world's best?

AN2002
26th Jun 2002, 12:49
While I like Sydney Airport and think it's great, how did it get Airport of the Year? CLK (Hong Kong) and Changi (Singapore) are lightyears ahead of Sydney in terms of equipment and facilities. Sydney's just an airport with shops. No cutting edge technology compared to HKG or SIN.

AOG-YYZ
26th Jun 2002, 14:48
Yet it is well sign-posted and easy to transit with clean and functional facilities. Together with friendly, helpful and knowledgable staff, it deserves, if not the accolade of best airport, certainly a honourable mention.:)

A320Flyer
3rd Jul 2002, 12:37
I agree with AOG-YYZ.

They might not have the latest technology, but they do have other qualities has AOG mentioned.
:)

Safe Flying
Pedro

christep
4th Jul 2002, 04:58
I'm with AN2002... both HKG and SIN are equally well signposted, easy to transit, and the people there are very helpful. IMO they are both substantially ahead of SYD in facilities offered, particulalrly if you have lounge access (The Wing is peerless). They both have great net access (wireless), hotels in the terminal (SIN's airside), good shops & restaurants.

SYD is much like any other major airport that has just been refurbished - nice and new and does the job, but nothing special.