PDA

View Full Version : Downloading embedded flash video.

lossiemouth
8th Apr 2016, 12:49
I want to download a video that is in a website ( only for my own use). I have tried everything I can, various down loader programmes etc, but to no avail.

The video says it is Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.213

Any suggestions? Preferably not to complex :O

Thanks for looking.

vulcanised
8th Apr 2016, 14:08
I find Flash Player a total pain.

Suddenly the installed v.19 wasn't good enough and wouldn't run on various sites.

I tried dozens of times to install the update, downloaded the installer file but when I ran it, it reported download error.

Luckily, Firefox provides a means to ignore the warning message and remember that action on that site in future, which rather suggests that many others have had this problem.

Now, Adobe Air is giving similar grief.

I hate Adobe !

lossiemouth
8th Apr 2016, 14:17
"I hate Adobe !"

Vulcanised I'm coming around to your way of thinking!

It isn't an update to flash I'm having trouble with, but trying to download a flash video in a website.

The Flying Pram
8th Apr 2016, 20:30
If you've tried "various down loader programmes etc, but to no avail" then I suspect you are not going to get hold of it without some difficulty. I use "Video Download Helper" with Firefox, but if it doesn't find the embedded video it means the site are deliberately trying to hide the download source. Major news sites are the usual places I find this happens, particularly if there are several different clips embedded in one page. YouTube, also regularly change their coding to thwart copying of most music videos (although others can usually be downloaded). They are doing this to protect copyright, regardless of whether you "only want it for your own use". There are ways of finding the file(s) temporarily stored on your hard drive, but these don't always succeed, in my experience. The only other method is to use a "Screen Grab" programme to record what is playing on your screen.

TFP

lossiemouth
9th Apr 2016, 06:36
TFP I fear your right about it being protected (and well protected at that). The ironic thing is I'm fairly certain the website doesn't hold the copyright on it in the first place!

I think I'm going to give up, I know when I'm beaten!

The Flying Pram
9th Apr 2016, 13:50
If you're desperate there is one "low tech" way - set up a camcorder to view your screen, and record it playing the clip! Get the embedded video showing full screen first, and make sure no other programmes are running. If you use a digital camcorder you'll have a file on the memory card which you can watch with something like VLC media player.

TFP

BlankBox
10th Apr 2016, 01:20
...bin there dun dat...

[url=http://www.videograbby.com[/url] :=

I should charge for this but I won't...

dusk2dawn
10th Apr 2016, 16:06
If you are not win-only you could give Maartens Baerts super SimpleScreenRecorder a try: Main page - SimpleScreenRecorder - Maarten Baert's website (http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/)

lossiemouth
10th Apr 2016, 19:07
Thanks to all for your help. It has been really helpful.:ok: