PDA

View Full Version : cost of a 605 rating

aviatn
8th Apr 2016, 07:43
Hello everyone

I am seeking advice about costs of a 605 PIC rating on a European ATPL.
Where can I acquire such a rating for as minimal cost as possible?
Perhaps someone needs to share the sim lessons due to lack of a pilot/candidate?
This threat is NOT supposed to start a discussion about the rights and wrongs please!!

PM me with your information.

Thank you,
Aviatn

Hawker 800
8th Apr 2016, 10:34
This threat is NOT supposed to start a discussion about the rights and wrongs please!!

OK. But it's wrong.

Global_Global
8th Apr 2016, 11:18

But can I say that it is "not a good idea" instead? :}

donPablo
8th Apr 2016, 12:03
If you want to go down this route, think about ATO and costs of traffic patterns after the training and who will give you the airplane.

Lately cl604s were quoted at around 32-34 k EUR in US.

Fly4Business
8th Apr 2016, 14:32
CL604/605 rating on an EASA ATPL??? Ok, I will not comment.

I guess the big problem will be to find a place / ATO to get the rating. The usual 604/605 PIC got his rating paid by official authorities, so I have to stop myself for asking who the hell is looking for a not homegrown PIC. But ok. About 5 to 6 years ago, I had contact with a french guy jumping on CL6xx series, actually the one who brought pprune into my mind, so I guess you should be able to find him here by searching for it.

aviatn
11th Apr 2016, 06:43
thanks for your reply guys!!
I know it sucks big time having to purchase a rating, but the market has become so ****ty and I know enough guys flipping burgers.

It has become such a screwed up occupation!! :-(
aviatn

flydive1
11th Apr 2016, 07:22
And you want to screw it up even more?

Hawker 800
11th Apr 2016, 09:42
So, a CL604/5 on the licence and no time on type? What do you think the chances are of employment? Do you have much/any biz jet time?

I know many CP's that will not recruit people that have paid for ratings.

Fly4Business
11th Apr 2016, 18:49
A self paid rating for an exotic bird won't make things easier. Are you aware how few of these aircraft are in service under conditions requiring EASA license?

Marlon Brando
12th Apr 2016, 11:31
If you want to go down this route, think about ATO and costs of traffic patterns after the training and who will give you the airplane.

Lately cl604s were quoted at around 32-34 k EUR in US.
Without the 6 take offs an landings from what I've seen

And yes, why this one ?
If you already have the job after, why not. But if you have no plans after that i'm affraid you will lose your money.
And in one year, you will have to pay 18000€ more for a recurent...

angelorange
16th Apr 2016, 12:13
Madness with no time on type! Every new CL604/5 sold is sold with TR training for customers pilots. If the owners can afford the aeroplane they can afford to Type the right candidate if necessary. They can even offset it against tax.

fl610
16th Apr 2016, 22:46
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDY9R43VI8c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut0WzES7loQ