PDA

View Full Version : The pathetic aviation infrastructure that Australia is.

The name is Porter
8th Apr 2016, 03:35
No airwork slots available at AV or EN today, 8th of April due operational constraints. Gin clear day, benign weather etc. So, every IFR flight school take the day off, go to the beach, because this pathetic joke of a country and it's pathetic aviation industry can't manage more than 2 ILS's within a couple of hundred miles that aren't subject to 'operational constraints'

This garbage could be avoided if WAAS GPS approaches with vertical guidance were available, now why isn't that happening? Is it because the same clowns who can't manage 'operational constraints' can't figure out a way to rape you with approach charges?

If the slot bookings for these two aerodromes isn't a big enough joke already, 'operational constraints' is.

CaptainMidnight
8th Apr 2016, 03:50
Did you phone the ML TAC and find out exactly what the "operational constraints" was due to?

fujii
8th Apr 2016, 04:37
When I was working, "operational constraints" meant staff shortage. I.e. One or two controllers are ill and the shift can't be filled. This may mean positions being combined on a single console with associated workload increase. Just one possibility.

Airwork is a lower priority than RPT so before starting your rant, think of the number of times you have been able to do your ILS training without hindrance. Use the break to brush up on your punctuation and try and not pass your animosity on to your students.

Horatio Leafblower
8th Apr 2016, 04:42
YEAH Porter.

What the hell would YOU know about ATC anyway? :E

The name is Porter
8th Apr 2016, 05:11
When I was working, "operational constraints" meant staff shortage. I.e. One or two controllers are ill and the shift can't be filled.

When I was working it mean't the same thing, go figure :sad:

This may mean positions being combined on a single console with associated workload increase. Just one possibility.

Yeah? Nah......Fair dinkum? Do you reckon the industry has a had a belly full of this running 10 year excuse?

Airwork is a lower priority than RPT so before starting your rant, Spoken like a true public servant, charging for your services but not delivering.

think of the number of times you have been able to do your ILS training without hindrance.

Would you like to backseat sometime? How about spending a day out here and we'll go through the logistics of an IFR training flight and the ridiculous booking system that's in place.

Use the break to brush up on your punctuation and try and not pass your animosity on to your students.

Sounds like you've got the time to fix my punctuation mistakes whilst sitting on your fat CSS pension? You can correct it for me and I'll post it :cool:

The name is Porter
8th Apr 2016, 05:16
Did you phone the ML TAC and find out exactly what the "operational constraints" was due to?

No I didn't. Bookings are not made through them. It's not their problem.

I'm not making it about the people at the workface, not their doing. If the 'fat (CSS) controller' had read my first post he would have seen that it's directed at the pathetic infrastructure in this country, not the people working it.

Lead Balloon
8th Apr 2016, 05:33
It's Australia, Porter: the only third world aviation nation in which it's usually safe to drink the water. :ok:

Don't worry: Our agile and innovative government is going to be investing in both kinds of infrastructure: road and rail.

What a pathetic joke Australia has become. :(

The name is Porter
8th Apr 2016, 06:07
It's an embarrassment. But don't worry, so long as all the major airports look pretty on the outside and you can buy your RM's in an oppulent retail space.

The major infrastructure is there, (GPS satelites) didn't have to pay for it. If you don't want GA in your terminal areas (causing 'operational constraints') give us WAAS approaches with vertical guidance. I think 90% of the IFR training schools would quite happpily stay away from your terminal areas ;)

CaptainMidnight
8th Apr 2016, 06:59
No I didn't. Bookings are not made through them.I'm aware of that, but - as you would know - if there are staff absences, survey flights or other problems in the ML TAC AoR the ML TM would know all about it, and would have told the NOC to restrict AWK.

Better to find out why from someone on the spot who knows, than someone in CBR who probably doesn't.

In any case for the wider audience, ERSA still says training, survey and AWK flights WI terminal airspace requires prior ATC approval, so I've found it is best to contact the local TM first to find out what will work and what won't, then go to the NOC to make a booking if necessary. At least if the NOC quibbles, you can say you've discussed it with the TM.

Falling Leaf
8th Apr 2016, 07:12
Australia, the lucky country, run by second rate people… (or so the famous quote goes).

Speaking of gin clear weather, the 'expect instrument approaches for traffic management' is one of my favourites coming into BNE… on a gin clear day.

The name is Porter
8th Apr 2016, 11:28
Mark, according to the 'fat CSS controller' you should be grateful for all the times you get ILS training without hindrance. It's a shame this country is such an infrastructure embarrassment. There are large amounts of pilot training to be done, earning export dollars, employing local pilot instructors, but no, we'll cancel all IFR training in Melbourne today due to 'operational constraints'

Australians used to be an innovative lot, now just full of ****. So long as stuff looks pretty on the outside, no substance on the inside.

TBM-Legend
8th Apr 2016, 13:05
Flying training is a business . Peoples salaries rely on it. Engineering staff feed their family from the flying. The refueller pays his mortgage from fuel sales...get the picture

Horatio Leafblower
8th Apr 2016, 23:47
TBM-Legend,

If your pilots, engineers and refuellers lose their aviation jobs they can always get a job in Steelmaking, ship building, fruit canning, the automotive manufacturing industry...

Jabawocky
9th Apr 2016, 07:24
Leafie……..wake up, its not the 1960's anymore :}

:ok: