PDA

View Full Version : Channel Express

HARRY GREYHOUND
26th Jun 2002, 10:06
Have heard that Channex are getting four more 737,s to add to their existing two.Can anyone on the inside let us know what they have planned?Will they be needing more crew? If so when?

Dead Leg...Dead ?
26th Jun 2002, 12:04
I have seen a couple ex-Ansett 300's at BOH and I have been told by a reliable source that they will be sprayed up in Chanex colours. Mind you they did look like a bit old dogs, high hours me thinks!

Big Tudor
26th Jun 2002, 12:27
Have a look here.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52130

timzsta
27th Jun 2002, 10:19
Given the adverts that have been in FLight International of late, stating the Channel Express in now stocking 737 parts, there can be little doubt these aircraft are destined for the scrapheap and then the spares catologue. Sorry to dash any hopes of more jobs.

boxjockey99
29th Jun 2002, 07:44
timzsta

I would like to draw your attention to the STN movements, Note G-CELS is operating 8 flights per day for a well known low cost carrier. The second of the Ansett a/c is perhaps destined for a similar role. the 737 parts may perhaps be from other sources but the 4 ansett a/c are to be worked hard by all accounts!

The aircraft are very tidy and fitted with a lot of 'optional extras'. Ansett owned them from new and they have been well looked after.

Hope that clears this one up!!

timzsta
1st Jul 2002, 19:49
I will eat humble pie, having just heard another EGSS based LCC, not the one G-CELS is flying for, will wet lease a Channel Express 737-300 for additional services over the summer due to high demand. No idea about the crew situation, good luck to those ready to take advantage if there are jobs.

4Screwaircrew
3rd Jul 2002, 14:51
timzta is correct about the other LCC they have displayed the information on the company website.:)

timzsta
3rd Jul 2002, 20:22
I can confirm this, I work for them! I saw this info at the weekend in the latest bulletion to staff, but didnt want to say to much until it was available to the public. Have no info though on where "Channex" will get the crews from. If I get any information which might be of use I will pass on.

lost soul
4th Jul 2002, 21:10
A number of experienced 737-3/400 pilots have joined Channex in the past months and it looks as if (we) will be quite busy over the "summer". Mutterings about permanent contracts would allude to there being winter work planned as well! Channex aren't known for wasting money! Some interestingly varied rosters are beginning to appear!:D

Lodestar
5th Jul 2002, 08:25
A friend of mine was hired at Channel express, contract signed and everything!

After several postponings he received a call that they would not be needing him afterall because the F27 pilots had demanded that the B737 jobs would be for them instead of giving them to forreign type rated pilots.And this after one month of having the contract in his hand an letting several jobs pass by his nose!

They said to him that it had been stupid to let those jobs pass by! When he replied that the contract had been signed and that he had just been loyal to them they laughed it away!!!!

NICE COMPANY!!

1)They obviously do not communicate with their pilots because they did not know the F27 crews where wanting these positions.( To me that is common sense but then I am no beancounter...)

2)They make promises to newly hired pilots and brake them afterwards without any scrupules!

:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

HARRY GREYHOUND
7th Jul 2002, 06:40
Lodestar was your friend offered a job direct or through an agency?