PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of self-financing @ OAT

BigTimeWannabe
3rd Mar 2001, 16:19
I'm really keen on becoming an Airline pilot and have looked in OAT Ab Initio training. But would like to hear what you guys think?

BTW

Chirpy Pilot
3rd Mar 2001, 20:28
Still looked upon as the best training school by most airlines in UK. In saying that it does have its faults. I believe it helped me with Oxford on my C.V. get employment with low hours. Flying is very good, technical instruction good but Navigation instruction I feel was poor.

blackknight
3rd Mar 2001, 21:13
I to am also debating wheter to part with my hard earned cas and do my training at OATS, any feedback from students past or present will help greatly

BK

BigTimeWannabe
3rd Mar 2001, 22:32
I would also like to find out the total costs, application time scale etc. And whether they are biased towards Airline cadets in their training. i.e. Giving priority to them when rostering flights for training?

Cheers

BTW

Mister Geezer
3rd Mar 2001, 22:38
Hi there...

I am starting at OATS on one of their Integrated Courses (Which everyone still knows as a 509!)

Drop me an e-mail if you want!

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

Chirpy Pilot
4th Mar 2001, 15:50
Get used to it now. They certainly give priority to sponsored students. For self sponsored students a good guide is that it will take you about 16-18 months even though Oxford say it will take approx 54 weeks. There is a two track speed.