PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : [1] 2

ben175
4th Apr 2016, 01:29
Hi guys, Jetstar/Altara is hiring for cabin crew in BNE/OOL, MEL and SYD. I found the old wannabe threads really helpful so I thought I would start a new one for this year.

I just got through to the video interview, and realised they aren't due until April 26. Does anyone know approximately how long the third stage will be after this?

Also do Altara cabin crew still not get staff travel benefits?

ChookChic88
5th Apr 2016, 01:32
Hey Ben, Have you actually completed video interview ?? I am yet to do mine... ;)

ChookChic

JustinA
18th Apr 2016, 11:44
I image there will be a lot of applicants and therefore it may take sometime to go through all the video interviews for each base. My guess is that the assessment days won't be held until May.

From what I've heard Altara crew members still don't receive any staff benefits unfortunately. However it is a casual position so this isn't surprising :sad:

Teamglobal
28th Apr 2016, 23:22
Hey Ben

Thanks so much for starting a new threat, I to had read the other thread and found it very informative but a 2016 thread would certainly be helpful.

I to completed the video interview and still waiting any response..

From reading the past thread it seems to be a drawn out process, so our patients will certainly be tested..

I wonder if since 2010, the benefits for casual Jetstar flight attendants have changed too!

Looking forward to hearing from others other the coming weeks

Good luck to everyone

Colouroffun
28th Apr 2016, 23:39
Hey guys,

I am really keen to fly with a major after beetling around in the Hospitality Industry for a while.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of a business called 'Jet Ready'? I saw them advertised on Facebook.

They are offering a one day course to help wannabes pass Flight Attendant recruitment days etc.

Any advice is appreciated as it seems worth it o me for $160. :):)

xx

Teamglobal
5th May 2016, 20:21
Hi guys, Jetstar/Altara is hiring for cabin crew in BNE/OOL, MEL and SYD. I found the old wannabe threads really helpful so I thought I would start a new one for this year.

I just got through to the video interview, and realised they aren't due until April 26. Does anyone know approximately how long the third stage will be after this?

Also do Altara cabin crew still not get staff travel benefits?

Hey Ben just wondering if you have heard anything since your video interview thanks

Teamglobal
9th May 2016, 07:31
Just received my confirmation email to attend the assessment centre on 26 May 2016.

Looking forward to hearing from others who will be attending.

😀

Baybii_t
9th May 2016, 09:08
Hey Ben just wondering if you have heard anything since your video interview thanks
Hey Teamglobal, I applied for the SEQ Base and got my Assessment Centre invite today.

ShesGreatintheGalley
9th May 2016, 12:25
Hey guys,

I am really keen to fly with a major after beetling around in the Hospitality Industry for a while.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of a business called 'Jet Ready'? I saw them advertised on Facebook.

They are offering a one day course to help wannabes pass Flight Attendant recruitment days etc.

Any advice is appreciated as it seems worth it o me for $160. :):)

xx

Hi! There are lots of FA preparation courses out there and I did one myself before I started applying for airlines years ago but mine was more of a one day/interview preparation type.
The ones like I did above are helpful and will give you an insight into how it works/what they look for if you don't have friends in the industry who can give you tips. You could def do all this online yourself without paying the $$ face to face. The ones that cover several days/weeks like the type A certain QLD Conpany run that cost a few thousand and teach you EP stuff are a total waste of time and money.

Def consider an interview prep course if you haven't had experience in airline interviews before and understand how it works, but you can get it all off the net through research if you have time otherwise.
A solid hospitality background will get you a long way in this job so you are on to a good start. Good luck

Teamglobal
9th May 2016, 22:56
Hey Teamglobal, I applied for the SEQ Base and got my Assessment Centre invite today.

Hey Ben .. Great news .. Congratulations ... Will definitely see you there

flicker91
23rd May 2016, 03:37
Incredibly nervous, got my Jetstar assessment day on the 25th with Altara. Never had any interviews before for Cabin Crew but it's always been my dream job since I was a kid. Multiple online applications over the years and it's finally came to this day. Does anyone know what parking is like at Aviation Australia? It states that there is street parking available but not sure if it's paid street parking or not.

If anyone is going to the assessment day on Wednesday give me a shout and hope to see some of you there!

Baybii_t
24th May 2016, 12:51
Incredibly nervous, got my Jetstar assessment day on the 25th with Altara. Never had any interviews before for Cabin Crew but it's always been my dream job since I was a kid. Multiple online applications over the years and it's finally came to this day. Does anyone know what parking is like at Aviation Australia? It states that there is street parking available but not sure if it's paid street parking or not.

If anyone is going to the assessment day on Wednesday give me a shout and hope to see some of you there!
Flicker91 - I will see you there!

I hope you smash it :) x

flicker91
24th May 2016, 15:14
Flicker91 - I will see you there!

I hope you smash it :) x

Thanks! Look out for the guy in a suit with a blue shirt and black tie :P Still gotta work out where the parking is though as google street view doesn't really help much.

Teamglobal
24th May 2016, 20:13
Good luck to everyone attending assessment on the 25th, I'm on this 26th ... Sorry can't help with the parking situation .. Keep us posted with your experiences
Tanya

Baybii_t
25th May 2016, 07:15
Thanks! Look out for the guy in a suit with a blue shirt and black tie :P Still gotta work out where the parking is though as google street view doesn't really help much.
Parking was free and really close. Team Global let us know how you go. Flicker91 - I saw you but we were on opposite tables. How did you go?

flicker91
25th May 2016, 10:59
Parking was free and really close. Team Global let us know how you go. Flicker91 - I saw you but we were on opposite tables. How did you go?
Ended up in a white shirt at the last minute but I think I went well. Now anxiously waiting by my email for friday

- Dan

Baybii_t
26th May 2016, 05:26
Ended up in a white shirt at the last minute but I think I went well. Now anxiously waiting by my email for friday

- Dan
I was in the suit sitting in the back left corner :)

I got me email yesterday and refs were checked today!

Good luck man! I'm sure you will smash it.

Teamglobal
26th May 2016, 09:32
I was in the suit sitting in the back left corner :)

I got me email yesterday and refs were checked today!

Good luck man! I'm sure you will smash it.

Great News!! Baybii_t .. Congratulations well deserved .. Wow they were quick to respond ... Day after assessment!!
Today was good, very relaxed and comfortable .. Feel like I went well but you never know!
Now the waiting game for us 26 May assessment group ..

Baybii_t
27th May 2016, 02:52
Great News!! Baybii_t .. Congratulations well deserved .. Wow they were quick to respond ... Day after assessment!!
Today was good, very relaxed and comfortable .. Feel like I went well but you never know!
Now the waiting game for us 26 May assessment group ..
Good Luck all, I am pretty nervous because they have so far only called one of my 3 ref's - I just really want this. I miss flying so much

Teamglobal
27th May 2016, 04:51
Good Luck all, I am pretty nervous because they have so far only called one of my 3 ref's - I just really want this. I miss flying so much

Did you get this email

We are writing to you today as we would like to advise you that we may be commencing reference checks, and if you haven’t already done so please ensure you notify your referees today that Altara may be calling over the next few days (including today)

Baybii_t
27th May 2016, 05:17
Did you get this email

We are writing to you today as we would like to advise you that we may be commencing reference checks, and if you haven’t already done so please ensure you notify your referees today that Altara may be calling over the next few days (including today)
Thats the one :)

Congrats on making it to the next step :)

flicker91
27th May 2016, 05:27
I just got my email stating that I was unsuccessful sadly. Oh well, might try again in a year or so. Congratulations to those of you who were successful

Teamglobal
27th May 2016, 06:28
Thats the one :)

Congrats on making it to the next step :)

Woo Hoo! So excited, do you think we can celebrate yet!! Or would that be too presumptuous?🎉🍾

Teamglobal
27th May 2016, 10:33
I just got my email stating that I was unsuccessful sadly. Oh well, might try again in a year or so. Congratulations to those of you who were successful

Hey flicker91, I'm terribly sorry to hear the sad news .. If I can give you any advise don't give up .. I've waited 30 years to get here ... Continue life, gain life experience and hold onto that dream .. Dreams do come true in the end .. If you ever want to talk about to see how you could improve don't hesitate to ask .. All the best

Baybii_t
28th May 2016, 10:16
Woo Hoo! So excited, do you think we can celebrate yet!! Or would that be too presumptuous?🎉🍾
I've come to learn nothing is guaranteed in this industry so no celebrations till I get the confirmation call/email. Keep me posted how you go and hopefully see you on August 15th :)

Baybii_t
28th May 2016, 10:18
Hey Flicker91, So sorry to hear you didn't make it. But this would have been a great learning experience and opportunities are always available. Keep following this because its a career that once it's in your blood you can't leave! (or like me you leave and then work hard to get back in)

Keep us posted on when you go again and all the best :) x

Teamglobal
28th May 2016, 12:26
I've come to learn nothing is guaranteed in this industry so no celebrations till I get the confirmation call/email. Keep me posted how you go and hopefully see you on August 15th :)

Wise words Baybi_T .. Were you advised how many casuals they are after? I also believe there is a second GS around late September early Early October as well as the August GS .. Let's hope some more positive news comes in the week ahead

Baybii_t
28th May 2016, 15:09
Wise words Baybi_T .. Were you advised how many casuals they are after? I also believe there is a second GS around late September early Early October as well as the August GS .. Let's hope some more positive news comes in the week ahead
They told us they were not recruiting a number and had two ground schools to fill but also have the opportunity to put staff on hold for future intakes so sounds promising.

Teamglobal
28th May 2016, 22:08
They told us they were not recruiting a number and had two ground schools to fill but also have the opportunity to put staff on hold for future intakes so sounds promising.

We were told they are looking for 75, and each ground school was 25

Baybii_t
30th May 2016, 03:09
We were told they are looking for 75, and each ground school was 25
Let me know how you go. They only contacted one of my refs and so now I'm on edge.

natd
30th May 2016, 04:21
Hi All,

I attended the assessment day Thursday May 12th Sydney base. I've made it through to reference check, and as of late only one of my ref's have been contacted. Has anyone heard anything back? A few of the others who attended the same day as me, are still waiting on their refs to be contacted. Such a anxiety filled process haha!

Teamglobal
30th May 2016, 04:59
Let me know how you go. They only contacted one of my refs and so now I'm on edge.

Will do! None of my refs have been contacted yet! I guess they are testing how we can cope like a delayed flight lol .. Was the reference that was contacted your main or preferred ref? Just a question I'm yet to do the RSA and first aid any recommendations for the best place to do it .. Much appreciated

Baybii_t
30th May 2016, 05:10
Will do! None of my refs have been contacted yet! I guess they are testing how we can cope like a delayed flight lol .. Was the reference that was contacted your main or preferred ref? Just a question I'm yet to do the RSA and first aid any recommendations for the best place to do it .. Much appreciated
I did my RSA online through HIA - Took like a hour. First Aid I used Australian First Aid, wasn't the best but cheap and quick.

They called my 2nd reference which was my most recent and skipped my preferred.

No just the agonizing wait

Teamglobal
30th May 2016, 05:47
I did my RSA online through HIA - Took like a hour. First Aid I used Australian First Aid, wasn't the best but cheap and quick.

They called my 2nd reference which was my most recent and skipped my preferred.

No just the agonizing wait

Thanks, for the tips!

Great news .. Seems they are working to get through the references .. Still nothing yet will let you know when they do!

flicker91
30th May 2016, 06:35
Hey Flicker91, So sorry to hear you didn't make it. But this would have been a great learning experience and opportunities are always available. Keep following this because its a career that once it's in your blood you can't leave! (or like me you leave and then work hard to get back in)

Keep us posted on when you go again and all the best :) x

Thank you for your kind words, and much like the tourism industry in general it's not a job it's a career and a way of life. Hence why i'm wanting to get back into it. I don't see it as a bad thing I didn't get through, as you sometimes have to get knocked down and get back up stronger than ever and ready for next time. It's not a matter of if I see you flying, it's when.

Baybii_t
30th May 2016, 11:06
Thanks, for the tips!

Great news .. Seems they are working to get through the references .. Still nothing yet will let you know when they do!
Good Luck - I am so nervous, Excited but nervous! I think this is the most I have ever wanted it.

Teamglobal
30th May 2016, 11:54
Good Luck - I am so nervous, Excited but nervous! I think this is the most I have ever wanted it.

same same .. Anxious, nervous, excited .. Just completed my RSA, booked in for Thursday for the first aid ..thanks again for the tip I've booked with Australia first aid $97 the cheapest I could find for the Gold Coast .. Let's hope tomorrow brings more updates

Teamglobal
30th May 2016, 12:32
Hi All,

I attended the assessment day Thursday May 12th Sydney base. I've made it through to reference check, and as of late only one of my ref's have been contacted. Has anyone heard anything back? A few of the others who attended the same day as me, are still waiting on their refs to be contacted. Such a anxiety filled process haha!

Congratulations on making it through the next stage .. Wow it must feel like an eternity waiting ... Hang in there ...

Baybii_t
30th May 2016, 13:33
Hi All,

Wow how did I not see this!! I am in the exact same boat (Brisbane base tho) - Only one ref has been checked and now I'm super anxious! It's literally the worst feeling, I'm like they checked one... was I not good enough or do they only need one!

Regardless GOOD LUCK!!

natd
30th May 2016, 22:13
I actually didn't realise they were doing other bases, so it would make sense now as to why it's taking them awhile to get back to others (wishful thinking). But you guys defiantly got more info out of them, than what we did. We were told they require to cover ground school for August and October. So does that mean you all in Brisbane would be coming to Sydney for GS? Or would it be a complete different one.

Teamglobal
31st May 2016, 08:55
I actually didn't realise they were doing other bases, so it would make sense now as to why it's taking them awhile to get back to others (wishful thinking). But you guys defiantly got more info out of them, than what we did. We were told they require to cover ground school for August and October. So does that mean you all in Brisbane would be coming to Sydney for GS? Or would it be a complete different one.

I was told GS would be BNE, with a definite date for Aug and another in late September or early October.. I'm now wondering if the total number they required which was 75, is this going to be made up of BNE SYD and MEL as I was under the impression it was 75 for BNE ..

natd
1st Jun 2016, 01:47
Yeah I wouldn't be too sure either, unfortunately. Have any of you heard anything back as of yet?

Baybii_t
1st Jun 2016, 03:16
Natd - Let me know how you go. Have they called any more references? Urrrgghhh I'm getting more and more anxious everyday!

Teamglobal
1st Jun 2016, 03:19
[QUOTE=Baybii_t;9394657]Natd - Let me know how you go. Have they called any more references? Urrrgghhh I'm getting more and more anxious everyday![/QUOTE

Hi Baybi-t ... Just received word one of my references was called today ... Stay calm it's merely the process all should be revealed soon

flicker91
1st Jun 2016, 03:23
Well, a bit of an update on my cabin crew progression. Even though I was unsuccessful with Altara / Jetstar I have been selected to attend a recruitment day for Virgin Australia. No date as to when that will be yet, but still a huge congratulations to everyone who is following their dreams as I know I am following mine. Everyone that I met at my Altara day were a great bunch of people and you will all do an amazing job! Happy flying :)

Baybii_t
1st Jun 2016, 04:47
[QUOTE=Baybii_t;9394657]Natd - Let me know how you go. Have they called any more references? Urrrgghhh I'm getting more and more anxious everyday![/QUOTE

Hi Baybi-t ... Just received word one of my references was called today ... Stay calm it's merely the process all should be revealed soon
Teamglobal - That's great news for you :)

Did they only call one also?

Teamglobal
1st Jun 2016, 06:00
[quote=Teamglobal;9394660]
Teamglobal - That's great news for you :)

Did they only call one also?

Yes only one! Seems to be the same for us 3, like they say past behaviour predicts future behaviour, it was the 2nd reference listed on my list ... So off to do the first aid course tomorrow a gruelling 8hours fun fun

Teamglobal
1st Jun 2016, 21:34
Well, a bit of an update on my cabin crew progression. Even though I was unsuccessful with Altara / Jetstar I have been selected to attend a recruitment day for Virgin Australia. No date as to when that will be yet, but still a huge congratulations to everyone who is following their dreams as I know I am following mine. Everyone that I met at my Altara day were a great bunch of people and you will all do an amazing job! Happy flying :)

Hi flicker91, that's fantastic news .. Remember we are all here to help ... Good luck and please keep us posted with your assessment day with Virgin ... Follow your dreams, have complete clarity .. Go for it!!

Baybii_t
1st Jun 2016, 23:53
Yeah I wouldn't be too sure either, unfortunately. Have any of you heard anything back as of yet?
THATS AMAZING!! Good luck!

Baybii_t
1st Jun 2016, 23:53
[quote=Baybii_t;9394693]

Yes only one! Seems to be the same for us 3, like they say past behaviour predicts future behaviour, it was the 2nd reference listed on my list ... So off to do the first aid course tomorrow a gruelling 8hours fun fun
Enjoy first aid - Hopefully today brings some good news!!

:)

natd
2nd Jun 2016, 00:18
Enjoy your First Aid course! fingers crossed for all :)

Teamglobal
2nd Jun 2016, 09:22
Enjoy your First Aid course! fingers crossed for all :)

Thanks guys, first aid done and dusted ...

Croissant2016
2nd Jun 2016, 12:13
I was told GS would be BNE, with a definite date for Aug and another in late September or early October.. I'm now wondering if the total number they required which was 75, is this going to be made up of BNE SYD and MEL as I was under the impression it was 75 for BNE ..
To be honest I don't think they have certain number of future ground schools and positions planned, they just seem to pump them through on demand. Looking as far ahead as end of year planned ground schools- they prob have three mabye four they could fit in before end of year.
They usually try to do the ground schools per base, bne would be held all in bne and MEL all in MEL- Sydney are 3 weeks in Syd 1 week in MEL. I can't believe they aren't checkin leg more than one reference?! That's crazy!

Teamglobal
2nd Jun 2016, 22:58
To be honest I don't think they have certain number of future ground schools and positions planned, they just seem to pump them through on demand. Looking as far ahead as end of year planned ground schools- they prob have three mabye four they could fit in before end of year.
They usually try to do the ground schools per base, bne would be held all in bne and MEL all in MEL- Sydney are 3 weeks in Syd 1 week in MEL. I can't believe they aren't checkin leg more than one reference?! That's crazy!

Hi Croissant1, thanks for your comments ... In your experience I assume you are a flight attendant with Jetstar .., did they call all your references? I agree it would be a costly exercise to fly and accommodate recruits to only one port for GS, so it seems logically to have GS at each location ...

natd
2nd Jun 2016, 23:10
Interesting. In my situation in regards to reference I think they may have only checked one so far as I've been at my place of employment for close to five years now so mostly all of my references are from the one work place and I wouldn't assume they would say anything different.. But I'm unsure if that's the case or they are just taking their time getting through people's references one by one.

Croissant2016
3rd Jun 2016, 02:08
My recruitment was incredibly long ago so wasn't relevant to current recruitment procedures. This recruitment is done via Altara not Jetstar. Altara are the ones that hire and employ you, and you will be working for them, so their recruitment practices can be literally whatever they want. If they don't sufficiently reference check someone and that person turns out to be trouble, it's Altaras problem.
JQ has head office and training centre in Melbourne and all if SYD MEL and ADL crew do yearly EP training in MEL facilities. All QLD crew do EPs at aviation australia in bne- they have doors and a cab trainer up there so ground schools can be held there also.
It dosent really cost them much to fly crew and trainees around (and Altara are the ones paying for accomodation- don't get me started on that) but it's more about use of the facilities because both MEL and aviation australia are booked solid with other airlines doing eps etc too.

Baybii_t
3rd Jun 2016, 07:17
Hey all, I thought I would share my news.

I just received the call inviting me to complete the next step and inviting me to start on August the 15th :)

So excited and I hope theres more good news for all of you :)

Teamglobal
3rd Jun 2016, 08:53

I just received the call inviting me to complete the next step and inviting me to start on August the 15th :)

That's fantastic news .. Your agonising wait is over ... I'm still waiting maybe some news next week for me! Sent in my first aid and RSA certificates today ... You can relax and celebrate this weekend

Teamglobal
3rd Jun 2016, 08:54
That's fantastic news .. Your agonising wait is over ... I'm still waiting maybe some news next week for me! Sent in my first aid and RSA certificates today ... You can relax and celebrate this weekend

Did they physically call or send email?

Teamglobal
3rd Jun 2016, 09:01
My recruitment was incredibly long ago so wasn't relevant to current recruitment procedures. This recruitment is done via Altara not Jetstar. Altara are the ones that hire and employ you, and you will be working for them, so their recruitment practices can be literally whatever they want. If they don't sufficiently reference check someone and that person turns out to be trouble, it's Altaras problem.
JQ has head office and training centre in Melbourne and all if SYD MEL and ADL crew do yearly EP training in MEL facilities. All QLD crew do EPs at aviation australia in bne- they have doors and a cab trainer up there so ground schools can be held there also.
It dosent really cost them much to fly crew and trainees around (and Altara are the ones paying for accomodation- don't get me started on that) but it's more about use of the facilities because both MEL and aviation australia are booked solid with other airlines doing eps etc too.

Thanks for sharing

natd
3rd Jun 2016, 13:59

Baybii T that's is such great news!! As teamglobal asked did they call or email.. And was it still only the one reference that got in contact with you? congratulations once again! :)

Baybii_t
4th Jun 2016, 13:00
Hi all, thank you all for the well wishes!

I received a call on Friday advising me I was successful and then they advised I will receive a email with all the details on Monday :)

Teamglobal
4th Jun 2016, 13:46
Hi all, thank you all for the well wishes!

I received a call on Friday advising me I was successful and then they advised I will receive a email with all the details on Monday :)

Thanks for the clarification ... It's another long slow weekend ... Let's hope next week brings good news for the rest of us ..

natd
6th Jun 2016, 01:58
my fingers are crossed for the both of us TeamGlobal :)

natd
6th Jun 2016, 04:22
Sorry Baybii t can I also confirm only one reference was contacted? ��

flyhigh1986
6th Jun 2016, 07:06
Hey all,

So glad I found this post - I am in the same situation as most of you.

I attended the Assessment Day on Wednesday 25th, received an email that I was successful through to Reference Checks, have had one of my references called and now just waiting!

Anyone have any luck today?

Teamglobal
6th Jun 2016, 09:24
Hey all,

I attended the Assessment Day on Wednesday 25th, received an email that I was successful through to Reference Checks, have had one of my references called and now just waiting!

No news today ...

natd
6th Jun 2016, 10:14
Hey all,

Hi Flyhigh1986 - I still haven't heard back either... So I'm assuming you attended the Brisbane assessment day along with the others?

Baybii_t
6th Jun 2016, 12:24
Hi all, I can confirm only one reference was checked :) - Good luck all, as cliche as it sounds remember no news is good news! :) x

Ps. I wonder if I met any of you at the assessment centre

Teamglobal
6th Jun 2016, 19:37
Hi all, I can confirm only one reference was checked :) - Good luck all, as cliche as it sounds remember no news is good news! :) x

Ps. I wonder if I met any of you at the assessment centre

Don't you love how our minds start playing tricks ... Last night I dreamt that I had to do a part C which involved more interview questions and my dream also told me I would be in the 2nd GS .. Really hope I receive some news today .. My head is going crazy !!!

flyhigh1986
6th Jun 2016, 21:11
Hi Flyhigh1986 - I still haven't heard back either... So I'm assuming you attended the Brisbane assessment day along with the others?
Yes, I am BNE based.

I am hoping for some good news soon.

This waiting game is killing me!

natd
6th Jun 2016, 22:00
Don't you love how our minds start playing tricks ... Last night I dreamt that I had to do a part C which involved more interview questions and my dream also told me I would be in the 2nd GS .. Really hope I receive some news today .. My head is going crazy !!!

Haha I agree the wait is excruciating... I wonder if we actually don't get past reference check if they will still advise us that we are unsuccessful? let's hope your dreams come true :)

Baybii_t
7th Jun 2016, 10:36
I'm genuinely checking this page everyday to see how you all go!! Good luck all!! Honestly hope you all get it!

Teamglobal
7th Jun 2016, 11:13
I'm genuinely checking this page everyday to see how you all go!! Good luck all!! Honestly hope you all get it!

Thanks baybii_t ... Praying each day we all receive some news very soon 🙏🏻

Nlus19
7th Jun 2016, 11:35
Hey future jetstar flight attendants! Glad I came across this because I have all the information you need ..

So I'm currently in ground school graduating on the 14 of June! Ground school is 4.5 weeks and it's very hard! For people is Melbourne base you'll have Troy, Angie & Mel! Maybe terry 😛 Brisbane base be nice to debby she's a scary one that one.

They usually get back to you a day after assessment centre, reference checks (they only check one) then it's about a 2-3 week wait in those 2-3 weeks Ray who works for altara or someone from from altara will call you to say congrats we want you to start (ground school date) that's when they will also email you a few days later regarding medicals & asics! We'll need to notify them when you have booked for your medicals! After you've done your medical you'll receive an email with a link to apply for your ASIC! After that you won't hear anything but they will call you again just to see how you are and to let you know that you'll need to come in for a uniform fitting! Usually 1-2 weeks before ground school!

You should all have your required documents ready by now because it will save you time!

Teamglobal
8th Jun 2016, 00:39
Hey future jetstar flight attendants! Glad I came across this because I have all the information you need ..

So I'm currently in ground school graduating on the 14 of June! Ground school is 4.5 weeks and it's very hard! For people is Melbourne base you'll have Troy, Angie & Mel! Maybe terry 😛 Brisbane base be nice to debby she's a scary one that one.

They usually get back to you a day after assessment centre, reference checks (they only check one) then it's about a 2-3 week wait in those 2-3 weeks Ray who works for altara or someone from from altara will call you to say congrats we want you to start (ground school date) that's when they will also email you a few days later regarding medicals & asics! We'll need to notify them when you have booked for your medicals! After you've done your medical you'll receive an email with a link to apply for your ASIC! After that you won't hear anything but they will call you again just to see how you are and to let you know that you'll need to come in for a uniform fitting! Usually 1-2 weeks before ground school!

You should all have your required documents ready by now because it will save you time!

hey Nlus19

Well thanks so much for your valuable input, this certainly makes me feel a little better knowing the wait could be 2-3 weeks for a call after reference check ... Today will be 2 weeks so fingers crossed any day now (gosh almost sounds like I'm about to give birth lol) ok I'll be BNE based so will ensure I get on the right side of Debby, that's definitely a tip worth its weight in gold!!

Congratulations you are almost graduating well done on your determination.

Would love to hear more of your GS experience, please share once your all finished and if you have some time

Many thanks

Nlus19
8th Jun 2016, 02:54
My only advice is study before you attend ground school! Try and learn everything they send you before ground school (I struggled with human factors & equipments I also until this day hate locations) we have one practical exam & two more final theory exams on both the A320 & A321! There's 3 different types of A320's and you'll need to know the different!

The process is defiantly worth it my first flight is a back of the clock flight to Perth!!! So exciting!

Defiantly watch out for debby she came to Melb for a week and taught us SOP's & Equipments/Location! She made most of us want to quit! She likes chocolate and she has this rule where if your phone rings you need to bring in lollies the next day HAHAHAHA just be really nice (she never smiles)

Ground school is the best I believe I'll still be friends with most once we graduate

natd
8th Jun 2016, 03:37

Amazing thank you so much for the insight!! you have defiantly put us at ease haha. And congratulations on getting so close to graduating, hoping it all goes well from here on in. Also it would be amazing to get an insight into ground school etc.

Truly thank you so much for your post hehe :)

Nlus19
8th Jun 2016, 14:13
Today we had our last practical exam & we got to wear our uniforms !!! FINALLY after just looking at it in my closet for 4 weeks!

Not sure what you guys you'd like to know about GS but post all your questions up and I'll try responded ASAP!

flyhigh1986
8th Jun 2016, 23:10
This is exciting. Congratulations.

Really hoping for good news for the rest of us! I can't wait any longer - I just want to know.

Nlus19
8th Jun 2016, 23:48
What stage are you up to? Flyhigh1986?

Thank you guys! Me too hope everything works out for myself & for you guys x

Teamglobal
9th Jun 2016, 00:19
Today we had our last practical exam & we got to wear our uniforms !!! FINALLY after just looking at it in my closet for 4 weeks!

Not sure what you guys you'd like to know about GS but post all your questions up and I'll try responded ASAP!

Thanks Nlus19, enjoy your last week of GS

I think most of us here who are waiting, are at the stage of having one reference check, so now it's just the excruciating wait which is very hard.

Here are a few questions I can think of about GS, and just wondering if you had to study these areas

Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR)
Aerodynamics and the Theory of Flight
The primary systems of an Airplane and equipment functionality
Technical terminology
Air traffic control: ground-based direction of aircraft
Airport code: a three-letter code which is used in passenger reservation, ticketing, and baggage-handling systems
First aid, CPR and other emergency treatment
Airplane and airport evacuation drills and commands
Flight routes and regulations
Calculating time: Time zones and flight time. Adding and subtracting hours and minutes using the 24 hour clock
Cabin service procedures:
Methods for serving passengers in-flight
Meal and beverage service procedures
Company history, policies and procedures specific to the airline
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety, emergency, and evacuation procedures
Personal grooming
In-flight announcements and presentations
Security, hijacking and bomb threat procedures
Providing assistance to disabled or elderly passengers and unaccompanied adolescents

Oh and the general hours required at GS

I understand there's slot of questions so in your own time to answer,

Thanks

Nlus19
9th Jun 2016, 00:34
Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR)- No
Aerodynamics and the Theory of Flight- YES
The primary systems of an Airplane and equipment functionality- BIG YES
Technical terminology- YES
Air traffic control: ground-based direction of aircraft- No
Airport code: a three-letter code which is used in passenger reservation, ticketing, and baggage-handling systems- No
First aid, CPR and other emergency treatment- YES
Airplane and airport evacuation drills and commands- (this you have to memories & get 100% in on all exams)
Flight routes and regulations- NO
Calculating time: Time zones and flight time. Adding and subtracting hours and minutes using the 24 hour clock- ( you have to know how to us the 24 hour clock)
Cabin service procedures: - YES
Meal and beverage service procedures- YES
Company history, policies and procedures specific to the airline- NOT REALLY its just talked about.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) - NO safety, emergency, and evacuation procedures - YES once again 100%
Personal grooming- YES
In-flight announcements and presentations- YES
Security, hijacking and bomb threat procedures- YES
Providing assistance to disabled or elderly passengers and unaccompanied adolescents- YES

Note that Jetstar doesn't carry unaccompanied children & if you have a disabled or elderly person you have to personally brief them about safety, exits etc (if they are seated in your area it's your responsibility) And you learn Service, Grooming & Human Factors all in the first week!

It's usually 9-5 but there's days where you start 7pm and finish 4am which is usually when you have an aircraft famil when is so much fun because you get to go out to the airport get your asics and get on the plane to practise opening doors and doing the safety demo you also get to go in the flight deck & try locating everything because it'll help with exams later.

Croissant2016
9th Jun 2016, 01:29
Thanks Nlus19, enjoy your last week of GS

I think most of us here who are waiting, are at the stage of having one reference check, so now it's just the excruciating wait which is very hard.

Here are a few questions I can think of about GS, and just wondering if you had to study these areas

Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR)
Aerodynamics and the Theory of Flight
The primary systems of an Airplane and equipment functionality
Technical terminology
Air traffic control: ground-based direction of aircraft
Airport code: a three-letter code which is used in passenger reservation, ticketing, and baggage-handling systems
First aid, CPR and other emergency treatment
Airplane and airport evacuation drills and commands
Flight routes and regulations
Calculating time: Time zones and flight time. Adding and subtracting hours and minutes using the 24 hour clock
Cabin service procedures:
Meal and beverage service procedures
Company history, policies and procedures specific to the airline
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety, emergency, and evacuation procedures
Personal grooming
In-flight announcements and presentations
Security, hijacking and bomb threat procedures
Providing assistance to disabled or elderly passengers and unaccompanied adolescents

Oh and the general hours required at GS

I understand there's slot of questions so in your own time to answer,

Thanks
I can answer for you. In 4 weeks a lot of info is crammed in- the only thing You can really pre study for without manuals is 24 hour clock and memorise JQ destination (domestic) airport codes.

Everything else, if you try to study will just confuse you.
I don't know if they give out manuals prior to ground school starting, or on first day of groundschool anymore but as soon as you get the job, start learning and memorising your drills. Anything that's not JQ specific will make it more confusing and much harder

Edited to add: you will be trained on a320 and a321 and YouTube has some Airbus issued videos on door operation and emergency door operation etc might be useful to look over and get a feel for the aircraft and how it works. You won't get on a real aircraft straight away and most of your learning will be diagrams and pictures.

Baybii_t
9th Jun 2016, 01:52
I can answer for you. In 4 weeks a lot of info is crammed in- the only thing You can really pre study for without manuals is 24 hour clock and memorise JQ destination (domestic) airport codes.

I don't know if they give out manuals prior to ground school starting, or on first day of groundschool anymore but as soon as you get the job, start learning and memorising your drills. Anything that's not JQ specific will make it more confusing and much harder

Edited to add: you will be trained on a320 and a321 and YouTube has some Airbus issued videos on door operation and emergency door operation etc might be useful to look over and get a feel for the aircraft and how it works. You won't get on a real aircraft straight away and most of your learning will be diagrams and pictures.
Hey,

Your information is extremely helpful :)

I was JQ AKL Base in 2009 and we we A320 and A321 endorsed but I was under the impression SEQ is only A320 - Do you know if SEQ Crew do A321?

Also congrats on almost graduating, its a great feeling putting the uniform on for the first time too :)

August 17th needs to hurry up haha

Croissant2016
9th Jun 2016, 02:00
Do you know if SEQ Crew do A321

oh yes, sorry, 320 only. WIN! :)

Teamglobal
9th Jun 2016, 02:11

Thanks so much croissant2016 any enlightenment is always handy to know .. Baybii-t since you were also JQ in the past is there anything you might be able to add?

Thanks everyone ... Still waiting waiting waiting WAITING 😁😁😁

Nlus19
9th Jun 2016, 02:17
You get taught both A320 and A321 but A321 is only the last week and a half!

If you'd like I can forward you the pre-employment course booklet that I got emailed prior to ground school? (Maybe something to look over while waiting) you can Leave your emails below.. And they give you manuals during the first week.

Nlus19
9th Jun 2016, 11:37
It was about 3-4 weeks when I got the golden call

Teamglobal
9th Jun 2016, 13:05
You get taught both A320 and A321 but A321 is only the last week and a half!

If you'd like I can forward you the pre-employment course booklet that I got emailed prior to ground school? (Maybe something to look over while waiting) you can Leave your emails below.. And they give you manuals during the first week.

Hey Nlu19

That would be great!! You have been a great support to all us waiting my email is
[email protected]

Thanks again 👏👏

Baybii_t
9th Jun 2016, 13:40
Hey All, it was quite a while ago but right before I started at JQ my friend Brendan gave me the below which he had written for potential staff like us (I have tweaked it slightly)

My peronal experience was in 2009 when I was Trans Tasman Cabin Crew with JQNZ - my ground school / training crew was a 5 week course that was all on one aircraft type (A320) except a 1 day conversion on the A321 which I only ever flew on it once during my line check (I had to carry a script because the overwing briefing was so different)

Ground school was intense and included S.O.P (Standard Operating Procedures) (roughly 1 week), Non-Normal Procedures (a few days), Emergency Procedures & Drills (almost 2 weeks), Equipment (1 week), CRM/Crew Resource Management (3 days), Aircraft Familiarisation (1 day), Aviation Medicine (1 day – For me this was the hardest part), Grooming (half day), and Service which we only received half a day's training on from Gate Gourmet. We also had a day on International Regulations like Flora and Fauna as we were Trans Tasman.

During Emergency Procedures (Eps) the testing and exams are tough and frequent! At the height of it there was pretty much an exam every second day. All theoretical exams had to be passed with 80% or higher. All practical assessments and written drills (Overwing Briefing, land impact, ditching, decompression and emergency cabin prep) all have to be passed at 100%. Having said that, they do allow 1 re-sit if required. I Had Amy Tarrent, Katherine Turner and Jeremy Hirt as my trainers and pretty much all the JQ HR staff we me were FANTASTIC - very supportive, friendly and helpful at all stages. After all the airline is investing money in you from the beginning by training you.

Ground school was a fantastic experience though! Don’t get me wrong it was Draining and Intense but most importantly it was fun, especially as we got flown to MEL to finish everything. During the wet drill (life rafts and lifejackets in the pool) we had to display swimming 100 meters and treading water for 3 mins (Might I add we were fully clothed and wearing life jacket so wasn’t too hard) But my fave part was the slide descent (There was no A320 slide so we trained on the 747 which was double the height of the A320 – word of advise don’t stop when you get to the bottom start running or you will face plant like me). When I started there were 2 ground schools at the same time as we were a new base and to be honest we really bonded with almost other crew in my school - studied after class at local cafes or went out for a drink here and there, and in all honesty you make friends for life.

My biggest piece of advise is be prepared to give up your life for the 4-5 weeks of training, it HAS to be your primary focus as it is intense and if you don’t study you don’t pass (1 person didn’t pass), Don’t try pre-prepare yourself by studying the ins and outs of JQ as a company and the operation of A320/A321 exits as trust me you will practice this about 100 times.

I honestly hope you all hear soon, I died waiting a week so I can only imagine how you are all feeling, fingers crossed I meet you all in the Aug 15 GS but if not I will meet you all out online!

Nlus19
9th Jun 2016, 14:20
Hey for those who requested me to email them! I just did so just reply to let me know you've received it!

Thanks so much! And I'm here willing to help whenever possible!

Teamglobal
9th Jun 2016, 20:38
Hey All, it was quite a while ago but right before I started at JQ my friend Brendan gave me the below which he had written for potential staff like us (I have tweaked it slightly)

My peronal experience was in 2009 when I was Trans Tasman Cabin Crew with JQNZ - my ground school / training crew was a 5 week course that was all on one aircraft type (A320) except a 1 day conversion on the A321 which I only ever flew on it once during my line check (I had to carry a script because the overwing briefing was so different)

Ground school was intense and included S.O.P (Standard Operating Procedures) (roughly 1 week), Non-Normal Procedures (a few days), Emergency Procedures & Drills (almost 2 weeks), Equipment (1 week), CRM/Crew Resource Management (3 days), Aircraft Familiarisation (1 day), Aviation Medicine (1 day – For me this was the hardest part), Grooming (half day), and Service which we only received half a day's training on from Gate Gourmet. We also had a day on International Regulations like Flora and Fauna as we were Trans Tasman.

During Emergency Procedures (Eps) the testing and exams are tough and frequent! At the height of it there was pretty much an exam every second day. All theoretical exams had to be passed with 80% or higher. All practical assessments and written drills (Overwing Briefing, land impact, ditching, decompression and emergency cabin prep) all have to be passed at 100%. Having said that, they do allow 1 re-sit if required. I Had Amy Tarrent, Katherine Turner and Jeremy Hirt as my trainers and pretty much all the JQ HR staff we me were FANTASTIC - very supportive, friendly and helpful at all stages. After all the airline is investing money in you from the beginning by training you.

Ground school was a fantastic experience though! Don’t get me wrong it was Draining and Intense but most importantly it was fun, especially as we got flown to MEL to finish everything. During the wet drill (life rafts and lifejackets in the pool) we had to display swimming 100 meters and treading water for 3 mins (Might I add we were fully clothed and wearing life jacket so wasn’t too hard) But my fave part was the slide descent (There was no A320 slide so we trained on the 747 which was double the height of the A320 – word of advise don’t stop when you get to the bottom start running or you will face plant like me). When I started there were 2 ground schools at the same time as we were a new base and to be honest we really bonded with almost other crew in my school - studied after class at local cafes or went out for a drink here and there, and in all honesty you make friends for life.

My biggest piece of advise is be prepared to give up your life for the 4-5 weeks of training, it HAS to be your primary focus as it is intense and if you don’t study you don’t pass (1 person didn’t pass), Don’t try pre-prepare yourself by studying the ins and outs of JQ as a company and the operation of A320/A321 exits as trust me you will practice this about 100 times.

I honestly hope you all hear soon, I died waiting a week so I can only imagine how you are all feeling, fingers crossed I meet you all in the Aug 15 GS but if not I will meet you all out online!

Thanks Baybii-t ... All this info is good know. I have a feeling now that they may have contacted all those who are going to Aug15 by now especially since you heard within a week and we are going on to the start of week 3, I imagine we might be contacted for the 2nd GS, I've also noticed that they are advertising again, so there must be growth in the company. I've decided as of today I'm just going to try to Live as normal and try not to think about it as its consuming my thoughts. Good luck at ground school and we will all meet sometime in the future up up and away

JustinA
10th Jun 2016, 01:35
Thanks Baybii-t ... All this info is good know. I have a feeling now that they may have contacted all those who are going to Aug15 by now especially since you heard within a week and we are going on to the start of week 3, I imagine we might be contacted for the 2nd GS, I've also noticed that they are advertising again, so there must be growth in the company. I've decided as of today I'm just going to try to Live as normal and try not to think about it as its consuming my thoughts. Good luck at ground school and we will all meet sometime in the future up up and away
TeamGlobal, you need to remain optimistic. Airlines are very unpredictable and while some people may have been contacted already, no news is good news. Until you hear anything it is best to think positive. Plenty of us are in the same boat as you (only one reference called and waiting to hear something back)

Croissant2016
10th Jun 2016, 06:36
So there must be growth in the company.
Its turnover. I am still flying- I know!
They might be a bit slow with getting back to you and the wait but they will don't worry- don't forget this is a 3rd party running recruitment for someone else and they need to time it all and it takes a bit of organisation. They are constantly pumping out ground schools it seems

natd
10th Jun 2016, 10:32
what date is the Sydney ground school scheduled to begin?

Hi,

Flyhigh1986, unfortunately our group didn't actually ask for the exact start date... But we were told they are recruiting for an August and October ground school. Which base would you be again?

I'm trying not to think about it to much... The wait is killing me but I'm getting use to it haha...

The thing though is some girls from the same table as me had received the confirmation email about reference checks.. But none of their references have been checked... And mine was checked around 3 weeks ago... So not sure what to think..

Teamglobal
10th Jun 2016, 10:35
TeamGlobal, you need to remain optimistic. Airlines are very unpredictable and while some people may have been contacted already, no news is good news. Until you hear anything it is best to think positive. Plenty of us are in the same boat as you (only one reference called and waiting to hear something back)

JustinA .. Thanks for caring reply .. I am still very optimistic, I just couldn't continue check my emails and missed calls constantly all day it was beginning to drive me insane ... I understand there is plenty of back office going on, and no news is good news as they say.

Teamglobal
10th Jun 2016, 10:38
Its turnover. I am still flying- I know!
They might be a bit slow with getting back to you and the wait but they will don't worry- don't forget this is a 3rd party running recruitment for someone else and they need to time it all and it takes a bit of organisation. They are constantly pumping out ground schools it seems

Thanks croissant2016, just curious why turnover is so high as you say Thanks

natd
10th Jun 2016, 10:41
Thanks croissant2016, just curious why turnover is so high as you say Thanks

I'd assume turnover is high at the moment due to starting to get closer to the end of year, with Christmas, New Years etc... That people leave or take holidays. They require more staff possibly?

Croissant2016
10th Jun 2016, 11:34
Turnover is high because basically they recruit ALOT of young crew who have minimal experience and so don't know the meaning of customer service, think it's a glamorous job that they can still fit around their social life and many of them just don't last. Sorry if that sounds blunt.
Yes, they are casual and yes, they are told that in recruitment but most casuals are generally flying full time rosters (there are some quiet months) but I see too many young ones who are straight out of high school, no idea and don't last more than a few months. Some of them just don't understand the concept of work and it's a struggle to get them out of the galley and into the cabin.
This is not a glamorous job, this is invasive to your private life and social life and you will be exhausted ALOT of the time but you will work in an amazing environment with amazing crew and there are some crew who have been there coming up to 15 years, no plans on leaving. It's aviation. Sadly many people just can't grasp that (and granted its very hard to do that without prior flying experience)
However there are plenty of inexperienced crew that love it and stay, but they just had more realistic expectations to start with. I am in no way against new crew. I love meeting fresh, new eager crew and it's lovely to train and work with someone who cares about their job, cares about our customers and puts in 100% effort. These can be long, gruelling days, but they then get balanced out by a trip with a decent layover or an easy flight that gives you a bit of time to relax on. I think the most frustrating thing is just seeing crew who don't have any clue on what to expect with groundschool, somehow pass and come online and don't make an effort in their training to learn, then cruise through under the radar until they get enough warnings or have too many sick days that they end up leaving. This is a brilliant job, but sometimes you have to work 9-5 to realise how good you have it

Hollizlemynizzle
10th Jun 2016, 21:52
I'm so happy I found this!
I am in the exact same boat! I went to the assessment day in Brisbane on the 25th, I got an email two days later telling me to notify my references that they could be contacted so I did... And now I find out only one f my references have been called over two weeks ago. What's making me more nervous is that I kept in contact with someone that went to the same assessment day and sat at the same table as me, and he got a phone call last week saying he has made it to ground school!!! Guys I'm freaking out and yesterday I called Altara following up on my application and all the lady said to me was I would be recieving an email within the coming weeks with the status of my application. Why would she say I will receive an email and not a phone call??? 😳😳😳

Teamglobal
10th Jun 2016, 21:56
Turnover is high because basically they recruit ALOT of young crew who have minimal experience and so don't know the meaning of customer service, think it's a glamorous job that they can still fit around their social life and many of them just don't last. Sorry if that sounds blunt.
Yes, they are casual and yes, they are told that in recruitment but most casuals are generally flying full time rosters (there are some quiet months) but I see too many young ones who are straight out of high school, no idea and don't last more than a few months. Some of them just don't understand the concept of work and it's a struggle to get them out of the galley and into the cabin.
This is not a glamorous job, this is invasive to your private life and social life and you will be exhausted ALOT of the time but you will work in an amazing environment with amazing crew and there are some crew who have been there coming up to 15 years, no plans on leaving. It's aviation. Sadly many people just can't grasp that (and granted its very hard to do that without prior flying experience)
However there are plenty of inexperienced crew that love it and stay, but they just had more realistic expectations to start with. I am in no way against new crew. I love meeting fresh, new eager crew and it's lovely to train and work with someone who cares about their job, cares about our customers and puts in 100% effort. These can be long, gruelling days, but they then get balanced out by a trip with a decent layover or an easy flight that gives you a bit of time to relax on. I think the most frustrating thing is just seeing crew who don't have any clue on what to expect with groundschool, somehow pass and come online and don't make an effort in their training to learn, then cruise through under the radar until they get enough warnings or have too many sick days that they end up leaving. This is a brilliant job, but sometimes you have to work 9-5 to realise how good you have it

Yes i hear you croissant2016!!

Hollizlemynizzle
10th Jun 2016, 22:01
Thanks guys, first aid done and dusted ...

Has anyone heard anything yet??

Teamglobal
10th Jun 2016, 22:16
Yes i hear you croissant2016!!

Croissant2016, just after your opinion, we have been told our positions are for domestic routes only, I'm keen to move into the international routes, how is movement once we get started? Thanks

Croissant2016
10th Jun 2016, 23:11
You will be domestic.
Once you have been flying for a certain period of time (12m) you are eligible to apply for a casual position with Team Jetstar and if you are successful you will be in the position to be 787 trained.
Not all TJs get 787 training. When you have it, it might be only on the random Occassion you would get a trip. Usually once a year for expiry purposes.
There isn't much ability to transfer over to JQ international as the majority of the crew is Foreign.

You will, however still get to do international flying on a narrow body- the narrow body international flying is mostly ex MEL and Syd and mainly grabs Tasman, Fiji and trips to SIN and DPS via PER.
They like sending the casual crew on these because they are flexible with what they can use you for and You don't get paid overnight allowances.

Teamglobal
10th Jun 2016, 23:59
You will be domestic.
Once you have been flying for a certain period of time (12m) you are eligible to apply for a casual position with Team Jetstar and if you are successful you will be in the position to be 787 trained.
Not all TJs get 787 training. When you have it, it might be only on the random Occassion you would get a trip. Usually once a year for expiry purposes.
There isn't much ability to transfer over to JQ international as the majority of the crew is Foreign.

You will, however still get to do international flying on a narrow body- the narrow body international flying is mostly ex MEL and Syd and mainly grabs Tasman, Fiji and trips to SIN and DPS via PER.
They like sending the casual crew on these because they are flexible with what they can use you for and You don't get paid overnight allowances.

Fantastic thanks so much for that insight

Teamglobal
11th Jun 2016, 12:52
I'm so happy I found this!
I am in the exact same boat! I went to the assessment day in Brisbane on the 25th, I got an email two days later telling me to notify my references that they could be contacted so I did... And now I find out only one f my references have been called over two weeks ago. What's making me more nervous is that I kept in contact with someone that went to the same assessment day and sat at the same table as me, and he got a phone call last week saying he has made it to ground school!!! Guys I'm freaking out and yesterday I called Altara following up on my application and all the lady said to me was I would be recieving an email within the coming weeks with the status of my application. Why would she say I will receive an email and not a phone call??? 😳😳😳

Yes an interesting response from Altara .. I recall from my assessment day on the 26th that they will keep potential candidates on file and will pull from that pool of candidates as GS open up .. So I'm now thinking from this response we could be in for a long wait .. In saying that I do hope I'm wrong as I'm keen to start asap. Let's hope I'm wrong

natd
13th Jun 2016, 08:56
After the long-weekend, let's hope these remaining four days bring about some news! have a great week all and keep us all updated 😊

Teamglobal
13th Jun 2016, 09:51
After the long-weekend, let's hope these remaining four days bring about some news! have a great week all and keep us all updated 😊

Thanks natd, and you too have a wonderful week, fingers crossed some news arrive this week for us all 🙏🏻😀

Teamglobal
14th Jun 2016, 01:19
Thanks natd, and you too have a wonderful week, fingers crossed some news arrive this week for us all 🙏🏻😀

Just a question for those lucky ones who already received their golden call to start GS 15 August, were you given a date to have your Medicals and ASIC done by?

natd
14th Jun 2016, 02:12
Hey Teamglobal,

l was just going through the feed and noticed you said you sent through your RSA & First Aid. Did you email it to them, is that what you meant? if so did you get any response.

Teamglobal
14th Jun 2016, 03:17
Hey Teamglobal,

l was just going through the feed and noticed you said you sent through your RSA & First Aid. Did you email it to them, is that what you meant? if so did you get any response.

Yes, i completed my RSA, and first aid within a week of the assessment day and emailed through, they just said they would be in touch again after reference check, at that stage my references hadn't been called, then one reference was called in week2 and still nothing yet .., I understand that the logistics of organising everything must be huge, so just waiting patiently

Baybii_t
16th Jun 2016, 00:30
Hi all, Just a heads up about the process. Yesterday I received my Medical documents and have been given 1 month to complete this (I am doing mine next week).

I would recommend anyone who is waiting to get a copy of your immunisation records for MMA, Hep A & C as they require this. If you haven't had them you will need to get them.

Teamglobal
16th Jun 2016, 01:49
Hi all, Just a heads up about the process. Yesterday I received my Medical documents and have been given 1 month to complete this (I am doing mine next week).

I would recommend anyone who is waiting to get a copy of your immunisation records for MMA, Hep A & C as they require this. If you haven't had them you will need to get them.

Great thanks Baybii t great to know ... Thanks so much for keeping us all posted

Teamglobal
16th Jun 2016, 01:58
Great thanks Baybii t great to know ... Thanks so much for keeping us all posted

Baybii t, any other immunisations required, as I'll get them done with hep A C at the same time ... Being in my mid 40s might be hard for me to track down any past certificate 😁

Hollizlemynizzle
17th Jun 2016, 03:11
Has anyone heard anything yet? Any recent updates? Is it safe to say those of us that haven't heard anything, if successful would be in the second lot of ground school starting in October?

Teamglobal
18th Jun 2016, 04:29
Has anyone heard anything yet? Any recent updates? Is it safe to say those of us that haven't heard anything, if successful would be in the second lot of ground school starting in October?

No still no news yet!! It would be nice to think that we would be offered the next ground school, are you sure it's in October?

Hollizlemynizzle
18th Jun 2016, 10:26
I'm not completely certain but in my one on one interview I can recall hearing that there would be one ground school starting in August and one in October but I'm not 100% sure? Did you apply for the casual Brisbane and gold coast based cabin crew?

Teamglobal
18th Jun 2016, 22:28
I'm not completely certain but in my one on one interview I can recall hearing that there would be one ground school starting in August and one in October but I'm not 100% sure? Did you apply for the casual Brisbane and gold coast based cabin crew?

Yes I applied BNE/IOOL base, I attended assessment day Thursday 26th .. Did you attend Wednesday or Thursday

Hollizlemynizzle
19th Jun 2016, 07:29
Yes I applied BNE/IOOL base, I attended assessment day Thursday 26th .. Did you attend Wednesday or Thursday

I was on Wednesday the 25th, I just don't see what could possibly come in between the reference check stage to the next step which is ground school 😳

Teamglobal
19th Jun 2016, 09:00
I was on Wednesday the 25th, I just don't see what could possibly come in between the reference check stage to the next step which is ground school 😳

I know the wait it agonising, my only assumption is the logistics of arranging everything and the fact that Altara are a third party to Jetstar so everything would need to be timed accordingly ... I'm really hopeful that some news will be forthcoming within the coming weeks

Hollizlemynizzle
19th Jun 2016, 21:40
I know the wait it agonising, my only assumption is the logistics of arranging everything and the fact that Altara are a third party to Jetstar so everything would need to be timed accordingly ... I'm really hopeful that some news will be forthcoming within the coming weeks

I hope so! I keep checking my phone every minute, it's killing me 😂 I just don't know why two people that I know of from my assessment day group (one of which was at my table) got phone calls two or three weeks ago inviting them to ground school and the rest of us are still here waiting 😩

Baybii_t
19th Jun 2016, 23:07
I hope so! I keep checking my phone every minute, it's killing me 😂 I just don't know why two people that I know of from my assessment day group (one of which was at my table) got phone calls two or three weeks ago inviting them to ground school and the rest of us are still here waiting 😩
I'm sure you will receive some good news soon, I know how your feeling as the first time I went to JQ I waited 6 weeks before I got my call and my friends got the call in the first week. I hope you hear soon :)

Ps. Were you in the morning or afternoon session on the Wednesday?

Baybii_t
20th Jun 2016, 05:49
I was in the morning session on Wednesday - what about yourself Babyii_t?
Me too - I was in the back right corner

Hollizlemynizzle
21st Jun 2016, 02:26
Me too - I was in the back right corner

I was also in the morning on the Wednesday, I was in the back left corner. I'd like to think they would still contact us regardless of our success?

Hepburnred
21st Jun 2016, 07:30
Hi Iv just come across this thread.
I did the assessment day in May for Melbourne did anyone else attend? 😀

Hepburnred
21st Jun 2016, 11:02
Mine was on Friday the 6th of May

natd
23rd Jun 2016, 01:41
Mine was on Friday the 6th of May

Hi Hepburnred,

Do you know if any of your reference have been contacted? or have you heard anything from Altara.

flyhigh1986
23rd Jun 2016, 01:47
I just received my golden call.

I hope everyone else has good news :-)

TeeM
23rd Jun 2016, 02:44
Hi all,

I attended the assessment day in Brisbane 25th may. I got a call Monday to advise I would be going to ground school in October 17th.

Best of luck everyone

Teamglobal
23rd Jun 2016, 02:58

That's wonderful news, I can't remember if you were Syd or BNE based?? When is your ground school date

Fantastic news congratulations again xx

Teamglobal
23rd Jun 2016, 06:25
That's wonderful news, I can't remember if you were Syd or BNE based?? When is your ground school date

Fantastic news congratulations again xx

Hi again flyhigh1986, just curious prior to receiving your golden call, did you send any follow up emails as to the progress of your application since AD? Or did you just sit tight with the agonising wait?
I have not yet sent a follow up, but considering to do so
Thanks

flyhigh1986
23rd Jun 2016, 09:15
Hi again flyhigh1986, just curious prior to receiving your golden call, did you send any follow up emails as to the progress of your application since AD? Or did you just sit tight with the agonising wait?
I have not yet sent a follow up, but considering to do so
Thanks
I am BNE based - and my start date is October 17.

I emailed them about 1.5 weeks after the assessment day with my first aid certificate and they replied saying they would be in touch with me once they have completed the reference check stage.

I then called a week later and I got the same response.

I asked Altara about it today and they just said it's taken so long because they needed to organise a training schedule and everything else.

Keep positive - I have waited 3 years for this!

x

Baybii_t
23rd Jun 2016, 12:05

CONGRATS!!!

I will see you out online once you start!!

I have just over 1 month till I Start :)

Hepburnred
23rd Jun 2016, 12:06
Hi Hepburnred,

Do you know if any of your reference have been contacted? or have you heard anything from Altara.

Hi natd,

Yes I've heard have a start date in October, tho I didn't get a call got an email about the start of ground school. What about yourself? 😀

Teamglobal
23rd Jun 2016, 12:32
I am BNE based - and my start date is October 17.

I emailed them about 1.5 weeks after the assessment day with my first aid certificate and they replied saying they would be in touch with me once they have completed the reference check stage.

I then called a week later and I got the same response.

I asked Altara about it today and they just said it's taken so long because they needed to organise a training schedule and everything else.

Keep positive - I have waited 3 years for this!

x

Thanks flyhigh1986, well deserved after such a long time .. You must be thrilled ...

It seems us Thursday 26th cabditars are all still waiting ... I'm following another forum too and it seems to be all Wednesday candidates getting their golden call, its our turn soon so will hang in there, the wait will be worth it.

Very exciting Baybii-t it's just around the corner for you good luck and please keep us posted, I think this is a great space for us and for others coming in as we all experience the agonising wait and we can offer such a supportive environment.

Baybii_t
23rd Jun 2016, 21:32
Thanks flyhigh1986, well deserved after such a long time .. You must be thrilled ...

It seems us Thursday 26th cabditars are all still waiting ... I'm following another forum too and it seems to be all Wednesday candidates getting their golden call, its our turn soon so will hang in there, the wait will be worth it.

Very exciting Baybii-t it's just around the corner for you good luck and please keep us posted, I think this is a great space for us and for others coming in as we all experience the agonising wait and we can offer such a supportive environment.
Thanks TeamGlobal.

I hope good news follows, my friend got a call yesterday for the October Intake but said he couldn't start so they said theres another one following that intake so fingers crossed you hear soon :) x

Hollizlemynizzle
24th Jun 2016, 00:38
I'm really scared and nervous now, I was in the Wednesday the 25th group in the morning and I still haven't heard anything ����

Teamglobal
24th Jun 2016, 01:15
Thank you everyone for your support

I just received my golden call this morning I'm in the 17th October GS

I'm so relieved that was a long agonising wait.

Hang in there to those waiting your time will come.

Will keep everyone posted with any news and info I hear

JustinA
24th Jun 2016, 02:05
Congrats Teamglobal, the wait has been well worth it! I've been placed on active hold for the next available ground school to open up. Congrats again to everyone who has been successful!!!

Baybii_t
24th Jun 2016, 04:46
Thank you everyone for your support

I just received my golden call this morning I'm in the 17th October GS

I'm so relieved that was a long agonising wait.

Hang in there to those waiting your time will come.

Will keep everyone posted with any news and info I hear
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baybii_t
24th Jun 2016, 09:45
Congrats Teamglobal, the wait has been well worth it! I've been placed on active hold for the next available ground school to open up. Congrats again to everyone who has been successful!!!
Here's hoping a ground school opens up soon :)

When did you interview?

Slipspace
24th Jun 2016, 09:49
Congratulations to everyone who's received their golden call. :) I just got mine and I hope to see you all this October for SEQ Dual Base.

If anyone from the previous assessment days are still waiting, from my understanding the August ground school filled up very quickly, and they are trying to fit as many people into the Oct ground school now. :)

Teamglobal
25th Jun 2016, 00:06
Here's hoping a ground school opens up soon :)

When did you interview?

My assessment day was Thursday 26th may

Teamglobal
25th Jun 2016, 00:08
Congratulations to everyone who's received their golden call. :) I just got mine and I hope to see you all this October for SEQ Dual Base.

If anyone from the previous assessment days are still waiting, from my understanding the August ground school filled up very quickly, and they are trying to fit as many people into the Oct ground school now. :)

Congratulations slipspace, it's an absolute relief isn't it.

Look forward to meeting you and all the other OCT GS in October, until then love life

Baybii_t
27th Jun 2016, 01:13
I'm so excited to see so many Golden Calls :)

I just did my medical and had to get vaccines cause I lost my vaccine history.

Heads up to everyone to start looking for your vaccine records, you need to show you have been vaccinated against:
- MMR
- Varicella
- Hep A and B

Also is anyone here in the August 15 intake with me?

Slipspace
27th Jun 2016, 02:26
I'm so excited to see so many Golden Calls :)

I just did my medical and had to get vaccines cause I lost my vaccine history.

Heads up to everyone to start looking for your vaccine records, you need to show you have been vaccinated against:
- MMR
- Varicella
- Hep A and B

Also is anyone here in the August 15 intake with me?
If I may, where did you get re-immunized? I'm in possession of my MMR & Hep B vaccination records, but no record of Varicella & Hep A.

Is it easier to simply get re-immunized, or jump through the hoop of getting a blood test first, and would that count as sufficient evidence to prove you are vaccinated?

natd
27th Jun 2016, 05:00
Hi everyone!

Congratulations to all who have received there golden call. I too can confirm after a 6 week wait I just received my golden call a few minutes ago! Starting October 10th Sydney base.

I couldn't be any more happier for all of us! 😊

Baybii_t
27th Jun 2016, 08:38
If I may, where did you get re-immunized? I'm in possession of my MMR & Hep B vaccination records, but no record of Varicella & Hep A.

Is it easier to simply get re-immunized, or jump through the hoop of getting a blood test first, and would that count as sufficient evidence to prove you are vaccinated?
Hey,

As long as you can show proof you're vaccinated thats all that matters. I got mine done at the same time as my medical and was $150 for both so maybe shop your options :)

Baybii_t
27th Jun 2016, 08:39
Hi everyone!

Congratulations to all who have received there golden call. I too can confirm after a 6 week wait I just received my golden call a few minutes ago! Starting October 10th Sydney base.

CONGRATS :)

Teamglobal
27th Jun 2016, 12:02
Hi everyone!

Congratulations natd .. Phew 6 weeks was certainly a wait .. I struggled with waiting 4, so well done for not going insane ..

Teamglobal
27th Jun 2016, 12:06
Hey,

As long as you can show proof you're vaccinated thats all that matters. I got mine done at the same time as my medical and was $150 for both so maybe shop your options :)

My GP, suggested a blood test first because if you know you have had these jabs but can't find the paperwork they last a lifetime in your system and a simple serology claimed directly on Medicare could save you some $$$, further it's not the best to have the same jabs numerous times .. But i suggestion chat tong with your GP

natd
27th Jun 2016, 12:51
Thanks all!

Baybii T have you done your ASICS yet or do you have to wait for medical to be completed first? also

Teamglobal I may also try to do the blood test first because I recall getting my vacations in high school, but now sure how to go about obtaining proof... Did your GP Provide you a rough estimation on how much that may cost you?

Slipspace
27th Jun 2016, 14:31
Echoing Teamglobal's comments, I spoke to my GP today, and getting a blood test is by far the cheapest and most ideal way to go about it. He didn't recommend just getting revaccinated as that (depending on where it's administered) can get very expensive, supposedly. Let your blood test dictate what you are already vaccinated against, and then you can go from there.

Teamglobal
27th Jun 2016, 21:02
Thanks all!

Baybii T have you done your ASICS yet or do you have to wait for medical to be completed first? also

Teamglobal I may also try to do the blood test first because I recall getting my vacations in high school, but now sure how to go about obtaining proof... Did your GP Provide you a rough estimation on how much that may cost you?

I believe the blood test is no out of pocket to you if done through a GP who bulk bills .. The blood test will provide proof that you have or haven't had these needles
Hope that helps

Baybii_t
27th Jun 2016, 23:25
Thanks all!

I had to do the medical first once that's completed the ASIC form is sent to you :)

Teamglobal
28th Jun 2016, 00:12
I had to do the medical first once that's completed the ASIC form is sent to you :)

No sorry nadt no idea as to the cost

natd
28th Jun 2016, 01:41
Ok not a problem, another question bay bio t although your based in Brisbane with Medicaid do they advise you were to go to get checked etc... Or is it just your local GP? thanks

Baybii_t
28th Jun 2016, 02:10
Ok not a problem, another question bay bio t although your based in Brisbane with Medicaid do they advise you were to go to get checked etc... Or is it just your local GP? thanks
Hey Natd - They give you a list of doctors you have to see a DAME (Designated Airline Medical Examiner) -

Slipspace
28th Jun 2016, 11:54
After reading through the pre-employment booklet, I noticed that all 4 CC drills are written out at the end. I would strongly encourage anyone who's heading into a ground school soon to immediately start memorizing these verbatim. Not only do these require 100% pass marks during your examination periods, but it will be expected of you to verbally recite these numerous times during your check-to-line training.

Croissant2016
29th Jun 2016, 11:16
After reading through the pre-employment booklet, I noticed that all 4 CC drills are written out at the end. I would very strongly encourage anyone who's heading into a ground school soon to immediately start memorizing these verbatim. Not only do these require 100% pass marks during your examination periods, but it will be expected of you to verbally recite these numerous times during your check-to-line training.
Yes! You will need to be able to recite these easily and learning them now will make it one less thing to stress about in GS

Teamglobal
30th Jun 2016, 08:12
Yes! You will need to be able to recite these easily and learning them now will make it one less thing to stress about in GS

Thankyou so so much for the heads up I'm onto it!!

Slipspace
30th Jun 2016, 08:32
During my time in a previous ground school for another airline, I personally found memorizing all the new drills quite difficult, especially since we were taught them in the middle of our last two weeks when exams were held every other day. Having the opportunity to memorize them in advance is a blessing.

TeeM
1st Jul 2016, 02:26
Slipspace - where did you find the pre employment booklet???

Teamglobal
1st Jul 2016, 22:52

I had my serology blood test yesterday natd .. It cost me nothing I think it is bulk billed to Medicare

Slipspace
2nd Jul 2016, 13:04
Slipspace - where did you find the pre employment booklet???
PM Nlus19 (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/577095-jetstar-wannabes-recruitment-iv-5.html#post9403060)and he can forward it to you. :)

natd
3rd Jul 2016, 02:02
Teamglobal - thank you for letting me know. I'll be getting mine done sometime next weekend. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

Teamglobal
3rd Jul 2016, 19:35
Teamglobal - thank you for letting me know. I'll be getting mine done sometime next weekend. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

Pleasure natd, good luck with your serology tests ... Had a wonderful weekend thanks, definitely a less anxious weekend now that I have GS date ...

petal87
5th Jul 2016, 03:13
So glad I found this thread! I've just had an email saying I have been selected for the AD in July for SYD base casual! Love reading through comments of the process so far! Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Slipspace
5th Jul 2016, 11:43
So glad I found this thread! I've just had an email saying I have been selected for the AD in July for SYD base casual! Love reading through comments of the process so far! Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Congrats petal87! Best of luck for your assessment day! :) At first it may seem really daunting, but you've got nothing to worry about. Just keep your cool, be sociable and friendly to the other candidates, and make sure to sell yourself during the group activities. :) This is your opportunity to demonstrate to Jet★/Altara that you're cabin crew material ;)

Teamglobal
5th Jul 2016, 12:55
Congrats petal87! Best of luck for your assessment day! :) At first it may seem really daunting, but you've got nothing to worry about. Just keep your cool, be sociable and friendly to the other candidates, and make sure to sell yourself during the group activities. :) This is your opportunity to demonstrate to Jet★/Altara that you're cabin crew material ;)

A big congratulations to you petal87, good luck for your AD .. I agree with everything mentioned by slipspace and would like to add ... Dress professional suit, makeup neutral, hair in up style .. Take notes, eye contact with all recruiters, encourage others during group assessments

I just received my serology results and needed to get hep a and b, I had my injection today it's the 1st of 3, 2nd jab in 4 weeks and the 3rd jab 6 months after that cost was $87 for the first so I assume it will be the same cost for the 2nd and 3rd jab .... Arm feels like it's been punched so a little sore I guess for a couple of days

natd
6th Jul 2016, 00:25

Congratulations petal87, I'm sure it will all go well and the advise the others have given are very beneficial and to also add, remain as patient as possible because it is a long exciting journey ahead!

Also it is so great to hear from someone at the SYD base haha! It was such a great day, be yourself and you should be fine. What date is your AD?

Keep us all posted :)

Slipspace
7th Jul 2016, 01:37
I just received an email from Altara regarding any October GS candidates (BNE/OOL Base) that are interested in filling two to three positions in the August GS. I'm not sure who else got the email, but if you're interested, I'd give Altara a call right now. :)

Baybii_t
7th Jul 2016, 01:53
I just received an email from Altara regarding any October GS candidates (BNE/OOL Base) that are interested in filling two to three positions in the August GS. I'm not sure who else got the email, but if you're interested, I'd give Altara a call right now. :)
Slipspace that is amazing!! Did you take it.

It would be good to have you in this intake with me :) - We are still waiitng to do our ASIC but so exciting we have one month left till we start.

natd
7th Jul 2016, 02:50
that's great! Will you be taking a spot or waiting?

hopefully they offer that for SYD base hehe... I just want to start. :)

Teamglobal
7th Jul 2016, 03:36

I only just saw the email, 2 hours after it arrived in my inbox, I replied straight away stating I'm good to go, here's hoping will wait and see

natd
7th Jul 2016, 04:01
I only just saw the email, 2 hours after it arrived in my inbox, I replied straight away stating I'm good to go, here's hoping will wait and see

oh no Teamglobal, my fingers are crossed for you. Hopefully they haven't filled all the spots just as yet. Let us all know if you hear anything back. :)

Baybii_t
7th Jul 2016, 06:18
My fingers are crossed Team Global!!

Hopefully I see you there - Let us know how you go!!!! :)

So excited.

TeeM
7th Jul 2016, 08:38
I got the email too! I called straight away, starting 15th aug now :) very exciting

Slipspace
7th Jul 2016, 08:47
I called Altara literally in the first 10 seconds of getting the email... and I just got an email regarding booking in my medical. Has anyone else from the Oct GS received any medical related emails today? I'm wondering if I made it into the Aug GS.

Teamglobal
7th Jul 2016, 14:25
I called Altara literally in the first 10 seconds of getting the email... and I just got an email regarding booking in my medical. Has anyone else from the Oct GS received any medical related emails today? I'm wondering if I made it into the Aug GS.

Congratulations slipspace and TeeM, I've heard nothing back yet! Seems I might have been a bit slow off the mark in replying .. But will remain hopeful all the same

Slipspace
7th Jul 2016, 14:44
Congratulations slipspace and TeeM, I've heard nothing back yet! Seems I might have been a bit slow off the mark in replying .. But will remain hopeful all the same
It's a shame if you didn't get one of the August GS slots, but don't feel bad if you didn't get it. You're still slated for the October GS is what counts. :) It was simply a case of luck.... that and whoever happened to be within an arms distance of a phone when the original email was sent out.

With a little over a month until the August GS, I've now got to expedite my medical and all of my immunizations, and hopefully get the ASIC application once it comes. Slipspace is going to be very poor this July. :s

Teamglobal
7th Jul 2016, 20:52
[QUOTE=Slipspace;9432629]It's a shame if you didn't get one of the August GS slots, but don't feel bad if you didn't get it. You're still slated for the October GS is what counts. :) It was simply a case of luck.... that and whoever happened to be within an arms distance of a phone when the original email was sent out.

With a little over a month until the August GS, I've now got to expedite my medical and all of my immunizations, and hopefully get the ASIC application once it comes. Slipspace is going to be very poor this July. :s[/QUOTE

I'm all good about it, it would be nice to start earlier but I should be grateful and I am that I made it through

good luck with getting everything done, hope you have a stash of cash to get you by

Slipspace
8th Jul 2016, 01:11
Just letting you guys know I have indeed been brought forward into the August GS. :D My medical, drug & alcohol screening, uniform fitting, and last immunisations are all booked. I'm so excited! :)

natd
8th Jul 2016, 01:30
Just letting you guys know I have indeed been brought forward into the August GS. :D My medical, drug & alcohol screening, uniform fitting, and last immunisations are all booked. I'm so excited! :)

Wow congratulations Slipspace it is all happening now! Is this happening all over the next few weeks?

Keep us all posted on how the fast paced process goes for you!

good luck :)

Teamglobal
8th Jul 2016, 03:28

So so exciting for you so happy for you 👍👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉👯👯🍾🍾

Slipspace
8th Jul 2016, 03:36
So so exciting for you so happy for you 👍👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉👯👯🍾🍾

Thanks guys :)

While you guys have the time, Altara requires an OPG (Dental X-Ray) from you, so perhaps it's a good idea to either get a digital copy of your existing x-ray, or get a new one taken.

TeeM
8th Jul 2016, 04:39
Congrads Slipspace - I got all the emails this morning as well for medicals, uniforms ect. :) every exciting. Going for my Medical next Thursday.

Teamglobal
8th Jul 2016, 06:10
Thanks guys :)

While you guys have the time, Altara requires an OPG (Dental X-Ray) from you, so perhaps it's a good idea to either get a digital copy of your existing x-ray, or get a new one taken.

Thanks slipspace, does the opg need to be done in a specific period, I know I did one a couple of years ago or do they want something more recent?

Slipspace
8th Jul 2016, 06:50
Thanks slipspace, does the opg need to be done in a specific period, I know I did one a couple of years ago or do they want something more recent?

"Please note that we can only accept digital copies and records from within the past 5 years are acceptable"

If that answers your question. :)

Teamglobal
8th Jul 2016, 07:54
"Please note that we can only accept digital copies and records from within the past 5 years are acceptable"

If that answers your question. :)

That's fantastic thank you slipspace,I can't wait until we all meet finally in the near future

Slipspace
8th Jul 2016, 11:48
Congrads Slipspace - I got all the emails this morning as well for medicals, uniforms ect. :) every exciting. Going for my Medical next Thursday.

Congrats TeeM! I might see you during the uniform fitting. :) So it's yourself, me, and baybii_t who are in the Aug GS so far? Or am I missing someone?

Teamglobal
9th Jul 2016, 04:44
Congrats TeeM! I might see you during the uniform fitting. :) So it's yourself, me, and baybii_t who are in the Aug GS so far? Or am I missing someone?

:(( will miss you ... But I will see you all flying

TeeM
9th Jul 2016, 06:39

Yeah that's all I know of so far.. I have been reading another forum with others in the October GS. The 3 of us is all I have found so far for the August GS. Hopefully will see you at the uniform fitting :)

Slipspace
10th Jul 2016, 04:12
Does anyone know where the GS is going to be held for SEQ Base? Aviation Australia? Or are we going to be flown down to SYD or MEL?

And also, considering most flying will apparently be out of BNE. Does GoVia have a concession for airport staff, or am I forced to cop $45 worth of tolls every week to the airport and back?

Croissant2016
10th Jul 2016, 04:37
Does anyone know where the GS is going to be held for SEQ Base? Aviation Australia? Or are we going to be flown down to SYD or MEL?

And also, considering most flying will apparently be out of BNE. Does GoVia have a concession for airport staff, or am I forced to cop $45 worth of tolls every week to the airport and back?

I would say most likely aviation australia or BNE airport for the theory and aviation australia or MEL for the week of EPs.
No concession for tolls.

Baybii_t
10th Jul 2016, 22:59
I would say most likely aviation australia or BNE airport for the theory and aviation australia or MEL for the week of EPs.
No concession for tolls.
Hi all,

During the assessment centre they said the GS will be held at Aviation Australia for the duration and pending facility availability the EPs will be in Mel however they expect all training to be done in BNE.

flyhigh1986
10th Jul 2016, 23:30
I am also in the August GS.

Can't wait to meet you all next month :-)

natd
10th Jul 2016, 23:41
Flyhigh1986 that's great news! so you must have gotten in early to make a call to secure your spot as i re'call you saying your start date for GS was October 17th prior?

Hopefully l get to meet you all one day as it seems i'm the only SYD base atm.

Baybii_t
11th Jul 2016, 01:05

Flyhigh1986 THATS AMAZING!!

Congratuations - See you in just over a month :)

Slipspace
11th Jul 2016, 06:02

Generally speaking, I'm so surprised to see so many people people from different GS's on this forum. It's great! :D

Flyhigh1986, I'm looking forward to seeing you along with everyone else next month. :D

flyhigh1986
11th Jul 2016, 07:38
Thanks everyone. I am very excited to get started.

@natd - yes I was originally Oct 17, but I got moved forward.

@teem - what's the link for the other forum you have been reading?

Does anyone know if we will receive scheduled overnight? or will we be returning to our home base at the end of each shift (besides Bali and NZ)?

natd
11th Jul 2016, 07:43
Flyhigh1986 - I know they aim to get everyone home every shift. That being said I'm sure there may be circumstances where you may need to stay over night. But they did say at my AD that they will get everyone home every night

Slipspace
11th Jul 2016, 09:04
Thanks everyone. I am very excited to get started.

@natd - yes I was originally Oct 17, but I got moved forward.

@teem - what's the link for the other forum you have been reading?

Does anyone know if we will receive scheduled overnight? or will we be returning to our home base at the end of each shift (besides Bali and NZ)?
There are a few threads over on cabincrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/jetstar-altara-26th-may-candidates-seq/261419/2), but I haven't found anything else.

And from what I've heard, overnights will be a rarity, boiling down to one or two a month.

Croissant2016
11th Jul 2016, 14:15
SEQ base you won't get many, SYD you might get the odd international trip or be sent to other ports for a few days but it's super easy to swap out of if you don't want to go.

Jetstar itself is a very 'no overnights' airline but they love the casuals because they are so flexible, can change your duties and roster instantly and they don't have to pay you overnight allowance.
Obviously, overnights aren't guaranteed so go in expecting none but Syd base def get a few but one a month is probably an over estimation- some crew get them regularly others haven't had any in years

Baybii_t
11th Jul 2016, 22:22
For all the August Intake, Has anyone received their ASIC application?

Slipspace
12th Jul 2016, 00:47
For all the August Intake, Has anyone received their ASIC application?
I have yet to receive my ASIC application.

TeeM
12th Jul 2016, 00:50
flyhigh1986 - cabincrew.com is the one i have been reading, its not as active as this forum though.

Baybii_t - Im in Aug - haven't received anything yet for ASIC or confirmation of time for uniform fitting ? Should come through by the end of this week hopefully.

petal87
12th Jul 2016, 02:30
My AD is the 26th July :) so excited! It says on the email that it is the last recruitment drive for Sydney for 2016, hopefully I go well!

Slipspace
12th Jul 2016, 08:15
Just went for my medical this afternoon and I'm fit to fly :D And I just received the text from Qantas ID Services to commence my ASIC application. :)

natd
13th Jul 2016, 00:47
Does anyone recall how much they said the pay was again?

Slipspace
13th Jul 2016, 04:48
Does anyone recall how much they said the pay was again?

I believe around the $26 mark, with no penalties.

TeeM
15th Jul 2016, 03:35
Has anyone in the Aug GS received a confirmation of a time for the uniform fitting???

Baybii_t
16th Jul 2016, 03:41
Has anyone in the Aug GS received a confirmation of a time for the uniform fitting???
Nothing Yet :)

A few of the August GS are still awaiting to do their ASIC.

petal87
16th Jul 2016, 06:00
Can anyone tell me roughly how many people attend the Assessment Centre and how many get through to ground school??

natd
17th Jul 2016, 11:39
Can anyone tell me roughly how many people attend the Assessment Centre and how many get through to ground school??

Hi petal87, well I am Sydney base and in the day they had two AD groups, my group was in the afternoon - there was only four tables with about 6-7 people on each. But the first group of the day had advised it was a packed room.

Croissant2016
17th Jul 2016, 14:59

They don't have a set number, rather it depends on who impressed them on the day. It has happened that some assessment centres produced only 1-2 decent candidates. Sometimes people look brilliant on paper and their attitude or grooming really lets them down. I have seen people turn up in jeans or with no makeup.

angel14
18th Jul 2016, 06:30
Did anyone go to Altara recruitment day for jetstar 13/07/2016 and has anyone heard anything? (Melbourne)

Madyyxx
20th Jul 2016, 07:30
Hey guys!
I'm going to the assessment day on Tuesday the 26th with Jetstar at Syd. Any tips with the assessment day??
I've been to the assessment day with cohbam last week which altara was the people interviewing everyone. They sent me a email that day they were going to do my references and then a couple of days later they called one of my references. So so quick hopefully I find out soon!
On the other hand what should I expect on the assessment day with Jetstar, the cohbam assessment day was pretty layed back only 10 people there. Did a couple of group interviews and the a one and one interview. Finished in about an hour and half..

SNP
20th Jul 2016, 13:52
Hey guys!

so glad I've found this!

it seems like I'm a little late compared to you guys though haha
i received an email to attend the assessment centre on 26/7 and just wondering who knows when the ground schools are, we were told that this will be that last Recruitment drive for the year so anxious to see if ill be starting in october or next year? :bored::bored::bored:

petal87
20th Jul 2016, 22:42
Did anyone go to Altara recruitment day for jetstar 13/07/2016 and has anyone heard anything? (Melbourne)

How was the recruitment day angel14? Do you have any tips on how I can prepare? Or is it mostly interactive/behaviour type activities??
Also, did they mention whether or not ground school training is paid? Sorry for all the questions!!!

natd
20th Jul 2016, 23:18
Hey all! just checking in to see how all the people who are preparing for August ground school going. Have you guys received an email as of yet for ASICS and also if you've done the clothes fitting, how was it? :)

Slipspace
21st Jul 2016, 00:30
Hey all! just checking in to see how all the people who are preparing for August ground school going. Have you guys received an email as of yet for ASICS and also if you've done the clothes fitting, how was it? :)
Uniform fittings for the August GS are tomorrow @ BNE. :D Right now, almost everyone has either had their ASIC's approved or are at present waiting for final security clearance from Qantas ID Services. :) We're on the final stretch to GS!

HUGS
21st Jul 2016, 12:10
Can anybody tell me where Jetstar does their A320 pilot training? (initial ratings)

SNP
22nd Jul 2016, 04:53
Hey guys!
I'm going to the assessment day on Tuesday the 26th with Jetstar at Syd. Any tips with the assessment day??
I've been to the assessment day with cohbam last week which altara was the people interviewing everyone. They sent me a email that day they were going to do my references and then a couple of days later they called one of my references. So so quick hopefully I find out soon!
On the other hand what should I expect on the assessment day with Jetstar, the cohbam assessment day was pretty layed back only 10 people there. Did a couple of group interviews and the a one and one interview. Finished in about an hour and half..
OMG ill be there too! :D
im so nervous! have you got the confirmation email that we're supposed to be getting today?

Slipspace
22nd Jul 2016, 05:33
Can anybody tell me where Jetstar does their A320 pilot training? (initial ratings)
I'm not entirely sure. You best try posting in one of the other forums relating to flight crew and you might have more luck finding an answer.

Slipspace
22nd Jul 2016, 05:35
For those who are interested, the August guys just got fitted for their uniforms today. It's a fairly quick and informal process. You'll enter a room filled with uniform items in various sizes available for you to try on. And after you have found applicable sizes for all of your garments, then you just write it down on a form they provide you and then you're finished. :)

Teamglobal
22nd Jul 2016, 11:04
For those who are interested, the August guys just got fitted for their uniforms today. It's a fairly quick and informal process. You'll enter a room filled with uniform items in various sizes available for you to try on. And after you have found applicable sizes for all of your garments, then you just write it down on a form they provide you and then you're finished. :)

Thanks slipspace, I love how you are keeping us all informed, really appreciate that!

natd
23rd Jul 2016, 13:11
How was the recruitment day angel14? Do you have any tips on how I can prepare? Or is it mostly interactive/behaviour type activities??
Also, did they mention whether or not ground school training is paid? Sorry for all the questions!!!

Hi Petal87, id say to look presentable and just be yourself, they will make you feel very comfortable and give you the chance to have your time in the group session with your table and also the one on one interview.

And no ground school training isn't paid. But i do recall them saying at the end of ground school you get a $500 bonus.

angel14
23rd Jul 2016, 23:17
Originally Posted by petal87 http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/577095-jetstar-wannabes-recruitment-iv-post9446537.html#post9446537)

Hi Petal87,

This was one of the most relaxed recruitment days I have been to. Recruiters were really approachable and made you feel relaxed. The email you get tells you what to expect/wear...Good business attire, and hair tidy and make up.
Just try and relax smile and greet everyone. Join in activities but don't be overpowering. Normal airline interview.

Height checked, resume/reference taken had to have proof of 1st aid etc but they didn't look at that. One on one interview, mine lasted 2mins as she skipped part as I have been cabin crew before.

If you follow what they send to you in preparation you will be fine.

$500 paid at end of training.

Hope this helps although probably nothing you don't already know.

Good Luck

petal87
26th Jul 2016, 08:55
Really good day at the Syd AD today! Was anyone else on here in the afternoon group?? :)

natd
26th Jul 2016, 22:59
Really good day at the Syd AD today! Was anyone else on here in the afternoon group?? :)

Petal87 That's really great to hear! Did they inform you of what month intake they were looking? Let us know if you hear anything back :)

petal87
27th Jul 2016, 02:09
natd they are looking to fill a few spots in the October GS and starting intake for February, I got the email last night saying they are commencing reference checks :)

natd
27th Jul 2016, 03:47
natd they are looking to fill a few spots in the October GS and starting intake for February, I got the email last night saying they are commencing reference checks :)

Petal87- that's great news! Hopefully you hear back shortly, and hopefully I get to meet you in October GS!

Teamglobal
27th Jul 2016, 12:32
Petal87- that's great news! Hopefully you hear back shortly, and hopefully I get to meet you in October GS!

Hey natd

Thought I would check in (pardon the pun) with you to see how your inoculations are coming along ... I'm due for my second hep A and B shot next week .. Ouch these are nasty

Teamglobal
27th Jul 2016, 12:33

Hey natd

Thought I would check in (pardon the pun) with you to see how your inoculations are coming along ... I'm due for my second hep A and B shot next week .. Ouch these are nasty ... How you going with the drills ... I'm 2 down 3 to go .. October 17 can't come soon enough

natd
27th Jul 2016, 23:57
Hey natd

Thought I would check in (pardon the pun) with you to see how your inoculations are coming along ... I'm due for my second hep A and B shot next week .. Ouch these are nasty ... How you going with the drills ... I'm 2 down 3 to go .. October 17 can't come soon enough

Hi Teamglobal,

I got my results a few weeks ago, I required my Hep A and Hep B shot, I'm due for my second Hep B shot next month. Do you require a second shot for your Hep A, as l only require one? but three for Hep B.
Everything else I was vaccinated for.. besides measles which came back as a 50/50 reading - so either I don't have it or possibly did but it's warn off :/ , so I had to go back last week to get my blood tested. I haven't gone back to see if I'm vaccinated for it yet - I thought id just wait to find out at my second Hep B shot - to save constantly having to drive to my GP.

In regards to commencing studying the drills, I'm still yet to start :{:{ but I will shortly. Good job on memorising those already!!

hope everyone else has been well! :)

Teamglobal
28th Jul 2016, 00:10
Hi Teamglobal,

I got my results a few weeks ago, I required my Hep A and Hep B shot, I'm due for my second Hep B shot next month. Do you require a second shot for your Hep A, as l only require one? but three for Hep B.
Everything else I was vaccinated for.. besides measles which came back as a 50/50 reading - so either I don't have it or possibly did but it's warn off :/ , so I had to go back last week to get my blood tested. I haven't gone back to see if I'm vaccinated for it yet - I thought id just wait to find out at my second Hep B shot - to save constantly having to drive to my GP.

In regards to commencing studying the drills, I'm still yet to start :{:{ but I will shortly. Good job on memorising those already!!

hope everyone else has been well! :)

Hi natd .. Yes maybe your right about the hep a and b, I thought they were both mixed together but could be wrong .. All I know is my next is due next week then my final 6 months after that!

natd
1st Aug 2016, 01:51
Hi natd .. Yes maybe your right about the hep a and b, I thought they were both mixed together but could be wrong .. All I know is my next is due next week then my final 6 months after that!

Have you heard anything back in regards to your ASICS, in the email I received they advised to expect a sms and email in July, but still nothing yet

Teamglobal
1st Aug 2016, 06:18
Have you heard anything back in regards to your ASICS, in the email I received they advised to expect a sms and email in July, but still nothing yet

My last correspondence also mentioned July for the SMS and email, but like you have also not heard anything as yet. I'm assuming we may get something within the next couple of weeks.

natd
5th Aug 2016, 01:12
Hi Slipspace this might be a silly question but in regards to the OPG Dental records, you said they they all only accept digital copies with 5 years. The place I'm going to get it done only provides a hard copy and not a digital copy. Do you think that would be fine

Slipspace
5th Aug 2016, 01:16
Hi Slipspace this might be a silly question but in regards to the OPG Dental records, you said they they all only accept digital copies with 5 years. The place I'm going to get it done only provides a hard copy and not a digital copy. Do you think that would be fine
As per the email;

"The OPG (Dental X-Ray) can be obtained at your Dentist or with a referral from your GP.
Please note that we can only accept digital copies and records from within the past 5 years are acceptable."

I got my copy off my orthodontist, but any Radiology practices should be able to take an OPG and provide it to you in a digital copy. (Bulk billed if referred via your GP) That and your dentist should be able to help as well.

natd
8th Aug 2016, 23:54
As per the email;

"The OPG (Dental X-Ray) can be obtained at your Dentist or with a referral from your GP.
Please note that we can only accept digital copies and records from within the past 5 years are acceptable."

I got my copy off my orthodontist, but any Radiology practices should be able to take an OPG and provide it to you in a digital copy. (Bulk billed if referred via your GP) That and your dentist should be able to help as well.

Thank you Slipspace, I've received a digital copy! :) Only 6 days left for you until you commence! you must be so excited... have you received a schedule of how the next 4 weeks will be panning out in regards to start times etc..

Slipspace
9th Aug 2016, 00:58
Thank you Slipspace, I've received a digital copy! :) Only 6 days left for you until you commence! you must be so excited... have you received a schedule of how the next 4 weeks will be panning out in regards to start times etc..
It's good to hear you got a digital copy! :)

I'm definitely excited :D Only a few more sleeps until we start! However, I believe everyone is still yet to receive a ground school schedule. I'm making the assumption that shortly we will be given a time to attend for the first day of GS, and there we will be given the full schedule.

Teamglobal
9th Aug 2016, 02:24
It's good to hear you got a digital copy! :)

I'm definitely excited :D Only a few more sleeps until we start! However, I believe everyone is still yet to receive a ground school schedule. I'm making the assumption that shortly we will be given a time to attend for the first day of GS, and there we will be given the full schedule.

So excited for all you guys starting AUG, good luck and go hard and stay strong, I'm sure you will all be offline during that time as you will all be so very busy .. But if you get any time to share any news I'm sure all us OCT peps will be more than greatful ... Sending you all lots of wishes

natd
11th Aug 2016, 13:06
Sorry Slipspace another question in regards to the Medicals. I went and had my second hepatitis B injection today and have now been completely vaccinated for everything else. My GP asked if for the Medicals they provide a form for our GP to fill out to prove vaccinations or do I just get her to provide me a print out of what they have on there system.

Slipspace
11th Aug 2016, 13:20
Sorry Slipspace another question in regards to the Medicals. I went and had my second hepatitis B injection today and have now been completely vaccinated for everything else. My GP asked if for the Medicals they provide a form for our GP to fill out to prove vaccinations or do I just get her to provide me a print out of what they have on there system.
Don't be sorry. :P You can never ask too many questions about an upcoming GS.

Basically, post-serology my prior immunity for MMR, Hep A & Hep B had all worn off. So I have to get the 5 or so injections again over the course of the year to gain regain immunity. At the time I did my medical, I had a letter from the administering nurse showing I had received my first injections for the aforementioned, plus my serology results that showed that I have prior immunity to varicella.

My aviation medical examiner just briefly glanced at the paperwork to confirm I had some injections before moving on.

natd
12th Aug 2016, 11:18
Don't be sorry. :P You can never ask too many questions about an upcoming GS.

Basically, post-serology my prior immunity for MMR, Hep A & Hep B had all worn off. So I have to get the 5 or so injections again over the course of the year to gain regain immunity. At the time I did my medical, I had a letter from the administering nurse showing I had received my first injections for the aforementioned, plus my serology results that showed that I have prior immunity to varicella.

My aviation medical examiner just briefly glanced at the paperwork to confirm I had some injections before moving on.

Thank you so much Slipspace, funnily enough I received all emails this afternoon to commence ASICS and Medicals.

Teamglobal
14th Aug 2016, 00:19
Thank you so much Slipspace, funnily enough I received all emails this afternoon to commence ASICS and Medicals.

That's fantastic Natd, that means us Brisbane people should here about our ASICS and Medicals sometime this week too as we are starting GS 17 October a week after you start in Sydney 👏👏

natd
14th Aug 2016, 01:15
That's fantastic Natd, that means us Brisbane people should here about our ASICS and Medicals sometime this week too as we are starting GS 17 October a week after you start in Sydney 👏👏

Yes hopefully so! It now makes it feel more closer haha!

Slipspace I'm going to bug you again haha.. For the ASICS it says you need 10 year address history, and I've had a look around for any letters etc... From 10 years ago and I can't find anything from that far, what did you provide?