PDA

View Full Version : Unprotected industrial action?

Blitzkrieger
31st Mar 2016, 10:46
At what point do management tactics become a form of reverse industrial action?

It seems we only ever hear about pilots, engineers, baggies etc conducting IA against the beleaguered airline management, but when they withdraw their services, or shirk their responsibilities to their staff, what would that be called?

Our Management appear to be helping themselves to unlimited opportunities to achieve purely industrial outcomes when it suits them, but no one ever calls it for what it is.

I believe pilot groups need to ask their unions to pose that question to management and the FWC.

ALAEA Fed Sec
1st Apr 2016, 20:44
I can answer that. It is strictly defined in the Fair work Act and you will not like what it says -

Under the Fair Work Act 2009, industrial action is defined as to include the following actions:

employees performing work in a manner different to how it is normally performed
employees adopting a practice that restricts, limits or delays the performance of work
a ban, limitation or restriction by employees on performing or accepting work
a failure or refusal by employees to attend for work or perform any work
the lockout of employees from their employment by their employer.

TBM-Legend
1st Apr 2016, 23:11
Sounds like unprotected sex - someone is getting screwed!

bazza stub
1st Apr 2016, 23:42
Don't want to offend anyone here but some guys are quick to whinge and slow to act. 89 was a long time ago and that one defeat has had management bonuses flowing ever since. Time to reload and go again I say! Social media and a good strategy is more powerful than anyone gives it credit for.

Blitzkrieger
2nd Apr 2016, 04:04
Thank you Fed Sec.

So even deliberate systematic, industrially motivated, wholesale breaches of the pilots agreement are not considered industrial action in any way when committed by an organization? That is worrying.