PDA

View Full Version : Nav Data change, no notice

clunckdriver
28th Mar 2016, 19:17
When not checking the weather, flight planing or writing posts on PPrune , I use my computer to update the nav data base in our corporate aircraft, which is also used to fly Cancer patients for no cost. So, I just drove to the airport and picked up the data chip from our aircraft and brought it home to update for the next cycle and flight, SURPRISE, it wouldn't take the update! It seems the nav data provider has, without notifying us, decided that we need to change our whole computer set up if we wish to fly the aircraft using their data, What the hell are they thinking of?!! I just cant believe that such bloody gross stupidity can reside in this industry in which safety is the number one priority, unfortunately I'm stuck with this provider for some time and I doubt the Feds will do anything about it. Had I not decided to update a few days early we would have been up the creek with an outdated navigation system, which if it doesn't kill you will result in ones license and OC being pulled. What makes some very smart Geeks so bloody dumb?