PDA

View Full Version : YAHOO ACCOUNT PROBLEM

FAR CU
26th Mar 2016, 09:51
On my home computer today I am with no prior hint or notice unable to open my Yahoo account (which has been set for years to log on automatically) It does not like my password . . Cannot get in the help part of yahoo apparently any way to figger out how to set my alternative email address , (so as to put in a new password). , ,. my mobile phone number or answer the two secret questions they say you can use when stuck . . .

I've used Firefox for years . .. so bugger me dead ... when I went there today to open my yahoo emails all the Firefox HISTORY and all my Firefox BOOKMARKS have gone . . where???? (there is no one else who has physically been near my computer).

Loose rivets
27th Mar 2016, 00:41
History will be cleared by Ccleaner and that kind of program. Bookmarks? Well, you have got the HTML or other backup somewhere, haven't you?

My computer life is based on FF Bookmarks - a hundred or so on the toolbar - and I don't like linking this kind of data between devices so just update laptops etc., with a file on a stick.

When Skype goofed up and upset my phone numbers, (only the sub-directories) I realised just how much I relied on modern 'handy' software. Trouble with that one was that the .vcf backup file didn't overcome Skype's bug, so I had to wait for them to fix it - which they did with 7.22.0.104 Phew!

Bushfiva
27th Mar 2016, 01:33
Assuming you're talking about Yahoo mail, try following https://edit.yahoo.com/forgot?login

ExSp33db1rd
27th Mar 2016, 05:01
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgot?login

trouble is .. it's not about forgetting, I haven't forgotten, it just won't accept my password, sometimes,especially on the iPad.

I blame Bill Gates, Life was easier before computers.

dazdaz1
27th Mar 2016, 14:18
ExSP...." it's not about forgetting, I haven't forgotten, it just won't accept my password"

Might it be that your password is 'case sensitive' I've come a cropper many times when I should have used a capital letter instead of a low case. Just a thought.