PDA

View Full Version : EASA B1900 Type Rating

mothboy
24th Mar 2016, 21:06
Hi all

I am looking at doing a B1900 rating:ooh: Any advice on who does it and where?

Many thanks :ok:

CaptainProp
25th Mar 2016, 12:04
Finnair

Edit: Checked Finnair Flight Acedemy and it looks like the Beech training is no longer directly under Finnair but with Finnish Aviation Academy. Sim is still there though and available for dry and wetlease.

CP

S_pilot
25th Mar 2016, 14:45
If not easa, then Simuflight in Midrand, grand central airport SA

+TSRA
28th Mar 2016, 03:22
If you can afford the trip to North America I would suggest FlightSafety New York or Toronto. New York writes FSI's program but Toronto has the better instructors/schedules. At least, it did more years ago than I care to admit.

Seattle has a 1900 sim too, but it's got a couple bugs in it that are flat out annoying and I'm not sure if they are teaching in it yet or simply wet leasing it.

However, out of the three Seattle is the FAR better city...and I say that being a Toronto boy. :)

George Tower
4th Apr 2016, 20:05
I note you have SA as a point of origin. Simuflight and 43 offer the course. Both use the Level D sim at Flight Saftey's Johannesburg facility. That's not answering your EASA question, but of you have the right to live and work in SA and are keen for B1900 gig given that a lot of B1900s operate on the SA register doing an licence conversion followed by a rating might be a cheaper / more lucrative option especially with a favourable exchange rate factored in.