PDA

View Full Version : Online medical.

fujii
20th Mar 2016, 22:37
I received the email today to commence my online medical renewal. When I entered my details, I received an error message, try again and if that doesn't work, phone CASA. When I phoned at 0915, I was the told the system had only started this morning. By the time I phoned, the system had failed.

Brindabella
20th Mar 2016, 23:42
Still asking a laundry list of ambiguous questions most of which you have no recollection of the answer if they happened 20 years ago or 5 years ago, listed under a heading referring to the 'last 4 years' and then asking have you 'ever' had this or that.

Now CASA has found a way to get the industry participants to populate their Avmed database. Yet they still charge $75.

The regulator and AsA still raping the industry for all they are worth. Lets copy NZ and the USA. Have the check box "any changes since last medical" and let the DAME issue the medical on the spot without the regulator getting involved unless there is a serious issue.

engine out
21st Mar 2016, 05:00
Tried doing mine and it tells me I need to do tests not applicable to my age. When looking at my history it shows the dates for test the time before I last did them. Emailed Avmed and look forward to their reply.......eventually

L0u0k0e
21st Mar 2016, 06:26
Has anyone successfully completed one, and if so roughly how long did it take?
I might put it in the too hard basket as I don't use mine at the moment.

Ollie Onion
21st Mar 2016, 06:50
Yep, its a bit of a joke, I couldn't even get past the first page, it keeps telling me I haven't supplied enough identifying information even though I have filled in every field.

Now I am locked out and have to go through the painful process of waiting for IT support to sort it out? :(((

Aussie Bob
21st Mar 2016, 07:01
They won't do that, its due to liability

Let's change the liability laws then, they suck anyway. Let's go to where personal responsibility is all important.

Fantome
21st Mar 2016, 08:16
Now CASA has found a way to get the industry participants to populate their Avmed database. Yet they still charge $75.

The regulator and AsA still raping the industry for all they are worth. Lets copy NZ and the USA. Have the check box "any changes since last medical" and let the DAME issue the medical on the spot without the regulator getting involved unless there is a serious issue.
http://www.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=9317242)

the tendency is away from such reform . . there is a rumour that access by Avmed to a pilot's PBS records without any authorisation from the applicant is being considered . . (bring back Rob Liddell)

http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/quickreply.gif (http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9317242)

Sunfish
21st Mar 2016, 08:51
the tendency is away from such reform . . there is a rumour that access by Avmed to a pilot's PBS records without any authorisation from the applicant is being considered . . (bring back Rob Liddell)

….Setting us up for a Germanwings accident.

If a pilot knows he will hit a CASA Avmed tripwire by presenting or being prescribed medication associated with depression or many other conditions then one of Three things will happen: Either not get treatment or have a go at self medication or disguise their identity.

…Given AVmeds proven track record as a hanging judge.

andrewr
21st Mar 2016, 11:36
What security have they got on this? Surely they won't provide your medical history to anyone who knows your ARN, email address and date of birth?

Does this system comply with Australian requirements for storage of medical records?

Edit:

Looks like they email you a link to get in, so it's not even password protected? Anyone with access to your email (employer, ISP etc) can access your medical record?

Adsie
23rd Mar 2016, 09:04
andrewr

That is an awesome question that I recon Dick Smith could answer !

Conductor
23rd Mar 2016, 09:49
The "survey" page on the CASA Avmed website was used to get pilots to update their details for the new system (still is being used). That page is not secured - if you used it then you sent your Name, ARN and DoB over the internet for the viewing of anyone who is interested.

Angle of Attack
23rd Mar 2016, 09:51
I recently did my medical prior to these changes and my DAME Told me this new online registry will be a major cluster **** in his own words, suffice to say he was correct. At the end of the day they still haven't sorted out their Part 61 disaster, and it will take years to iron out. These morons couldn't organise a glass of water in a water factory with free cups available.

andrewr
23rd Mar 2016, 10:04
you sent your Name, ARN and DoB over the internet for the viewing of anyone who is interested

Not that those were particularly secret anyway.

I filled in the form to access the MRS out of curiosity. The URL they generate is made up of the ARN, the year, plus 4 not very random looking uppercase letters. That takes you straight in to your personal details.

Haven't they learnt from any of the previous episodes where people could guess URLs to access other people's data? It's like they have read none of the internet security information produced in the last 20 years.

Sunfish
23rd Mar 2016, 12:04
Seems like CASA is failing under the weight of its own incompetence……...

lee_apromise
23rd Mar 2016, 12:10
Couldn't confirm my identity as well on the webpage. Called AVMED IT support and the chap sent me an email containing a link to bypass the identity confirmation.

And then, needed to update my postal address, but was able to due to an unknown error.

Called AVMED IT support again, the same chap fixed it for me.

Incompetence at its best. :ok:

I can't believe my experience with Indonesian medical is better than CASA's.