PDA

View Full Version : Advice ICAO to EASA and carrer prospect in EU

piperul
19th Mar 2016, 15:11
Hello, I would like to ask for some advice on my intention to move to EU.
I am from Argentina, CPL A, IR, MEP, ELP5, RT, 600TT 170MEP 390 PIC. Willing to obtain from my ICAO the EASA license and ratings, I have EU citizenship also. I am considering FIS in jerez for the conversion process.

Could anybody give me some insight about pilot jobs opportunities in any EU country member? Are there any chances to enter in survey, airtaxi, FI, towbanner, or other general aviation jobs?

Regards in advance!

piperul
19th Mar 2016, 20:05
FIS is a very good choice in regards to wx, cost and flying.
I am not familiar on their groundschool level, so I am not the right person to advise you on it.

The conversion requires you to do everything, all the theory subjects/exams (expect about 3-6 months to prepare and do the exams on a DL way or more on integrated way)

You are also considered a PPL in EASA. So you will have to convert the CPL, the IR & the ME (you should go for ME-IR if you are planning to look for a ME jobs).

If you are planning to do the UK CAA, 10 years ago you were required to do the initial medical class 1 in LGW.

JOBS opportunities: there are a lot of jobs offers for experienced pilots and few for low hour pilots. If you want to get into a LCC, you may be asked to pay for the TR.
Do not expect too much.

However the market is fluctuating, the low oil prices are giving more hopes to the airlines and the world is getting addicted to jumping on a plane on weekends... the situation may be better in 1 year or two (rumors are that you even won't have to pay the TR and you will be fully trained by your sponsor -instead of you sponsoring yourself).

Consider 6 months stay at least (theory + flying + paperworks). Plan for 08.

Whatever you think you will be spending, add 20% extra just in case.

Good luck

Hello Airgus, thanks for your help and reply!
May I ask you about my icao flight time (600 hours). It will be take in count after the conversion process to apply for jobs in EU?
Do you know the current hiring situation in the Corporate, fractional, aerial pictometry or small charter instead LCC?

ROKVIATOR
20th Mar 2016, 13:52
Hello piperul! Your hours will be fully taken into account unless you did it so many years ago, in that case they may hesitate. You will have to do 14 theoretical subjetcs in here and I advise you that they arent similar as the subjects you ve done in the USA or your country, JAA is much more difficult than that.

About the current situation of the hiring process in USA, i dont know anything. Hope it helps!

piperul
20th Mar 2016, 14:06
Hello Rokviator, thanks for your reply! I would like to gather some advice about GA jobs like aerial survey, small private airplane etc in EU not USA, but I appreciated your information about flight time and exams

Regards

George Tower
26th Mar 2016, 10:37
The UK's application of the EASA FCL regulations are contained in CAP 804 which is downloadable from their website. I imagine the situation regarding conversion is similar in Spain but stand to be corrected on that.

The main points are as already stated:

Pass 14 x ATPL theory exams. You will probably need to demonstrate study via an approved distance learning course (or full time ground school).

Training to standard for CPL Test. CAP 804 has minimum guidelines which reduce with experience levels.

Given that you have 170 hours multi-engine time you shouldn't have to do a ME Class rating.

The Instrument Rating is an abridged course - minimum 15hrs 10 of which can be in an FNPT II simulator.

To be employable you will need to complete a MCC course unless you have 500 hours experience in a multi-crew environment. That can be flying a type that is certified to be operated multi-crew or on a type that is certified for single crew operation BUT the local CAA requires a two crew operation.

piperul
26th Mar 2016, 14:37
Thanks for your information George Tower!