PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian DGCA License

Flying Dutchman010
15th Mar 2016, 08:30
Hi guys,

You always give out good info and since there are quite a few of you flying in Indonesia, I have a question.
I am a foreigner and am in possession of an Indonesian CPL. Unfortunately there is a page in the back that this license binds me to only fly for one specific airline.

What ways are there around this very unusual restriction?

lee_apromise
15th Mar 2016, 09:01
Hi guys,

You always give out good info and since there are quite a few of you flying in Indonesia, I have a question.
I am a foreigner and am in possession of an Indonesian CPL. Unfortunately there is a page in the back that this license binds me to only fly for one specific airline.

I have one as well and mine doesn't state that this license is only to be used at one airline.

I paid a visit to DGCA in February. Two inspectors confirmed that 250 hrs on type rule is still in-force. They said a foreigner can get a new type rating endorsed on his/her license but even then, without 250 hrs on type, work permit cannot be issued.

Hope this helps.

Flying Dutchman010
15th Mar 2016, 09:14
Thx Lee,

What if someone has their own KITAP (through marriage). Do you know if this affects the work permit stuff?

lee_apromise
15th Mar 2016, 09:20
Thx Lee,

What if someone has their own KITAP (through marriage). Do you know if this affects the work permit stuff?

That I don't know. KITAP never crossed my mind. It's better to visit DGCA by yourself since they never reply emails or answer phone calls.

Flying Dutchman010
15th Mar 2016, 09:28
The problem is I am currently not in Indonesia and don't expect to be for quite a while. Do you have a friend or colleague who knows the ins and outs about this who I can talk to?

training wheels
15th Mar 2016, 15:40
Hi guys,

Your Indonesian license is no longer valid once you leave the operator you flew for in Indonesia. And the DGCA is no longer issuing Indonesian licenses to foreigners. All foreigners now fly on validations of their home licenses.

Flying Dutchman010
16th Mar 2016, 07:58
Thanks training wheels, so you are 100% sure there is no way to remove that restriction?

Ilyushin76
17th Mar 2016, 08:29
Your Indonesian license is no longer valid once you leave the operator you flew for in Indonesia. And the DGCA is no longer issuing Indonesian licenses to foreigners. All foreigners now fly on validations of their home licenses.
and i thought PCAA was bad

Flying Dutchman010
17th Mar 2016, 08:55
Ilyushin, I have had to deal with different CAA's on 3 continents and I have learned they are all bad. Whether it's "first" or "third" world they all make incredible mess ups.
But seriously, if anyone knows a way around this DGCA license restriction it would help me out a lot. I'm sure it's something that can be solved on site but I am not in the mood sitting on my keister for a year or so in Indo sorting out bureaucratic nonsense.