PDA

View Full Version : Majuro - PKMJ

caevans
15th Mar 2016, 03:45
Anyone been through Majuro for a fuel stop lately!
Quick turn?

Thanks

josephfeatherweight
15th Mar 2016, 04:16
Yep! Quick turn heading west, but slower heading east - only hold up was due to a 727 freighter arriving just before us and stealing the fuel truck. There are restrictions on operating there over the weekend and at night time, but I feel they are keen for the business and unlikely to reject your application.
Things to note - they want a GENDEC (inbound and outbound, multiple copies) even though you're not getting off the jet.
Getting an airways clearance is a pain in the backside on the ground on HF from San Francisco - but required, as, unbelievably, controlled airspace starts at 5500' - why on earth that is, I don't know - you're literally in the middle of nowhere...
I recommend it as a fuel stop though...

caevans
15th Mar 2016, 04:45
Much appreciated!!
Maybe CPDLC will work for a clearance.
I'll let you know.
Chris
G-550

caevans
17th Mar 2016, 05:37
Dynamite Midpac turn. HF was a bust, but we survived with satcom direct to KZAK Oceanic. Generous valid to time, away to the races. Even got ice, vodka and beer! (Too bad the crew couldn't partake)
45 mins on to off with a big uplift.
Thanks!

josephfeatherweight
17th Mar 2016, 13:18
Good to hear! You didn't muck around! I'm always happy to give those guys some business - they're literally disappearing into the rising ocean, unfortunately...