PDA

View Full Version : Flying To The Ends of The Earth

Stationair8
11th Mar 2016, 23:29
Monday on SBS at 2030, episode is about flying in Northern Australia and PNG.

Last weeks episode was flying in Nepal.

Stanwell
12th Mar 2016, 02:39
Thanks for the heads-up, S8.

Stationair8
14th Mar 2016, 08:08
Just bringing this back to the top.

Captain Dart
14th Mar 2016, 21:55
I found it underwhelming. It was basically, a travelogue with occasional flying footage (some of which was impressive). But just superficial coverage of the pilots and the aircraft. I won't bother with the next episode.

spinex
14th Mar 2016, 22:30
I guess I didn't have very high expectations - these things are made for Joe Public, not pilots after all, but it beat the hell out of endless cooking shows, how to be a w@nker in the jungle and the rest of the rubbish we get fed. Gets a thumbs up from me.

uncle8
15th Mar 2016, 02:10
Thanks, I enjoyed it.

Stanwell
15th Mar 2016, 02:30
Yes, thanks. So did I.
I expected it to be aimed at Joe Public so I didn't set my expectations too high from a flier's point of view.

fujii
15th Mar 2016, 04:07
Only two episodes so far but enjoyable. There is another thread started by Dick Smith decrying the reduction in general aviation activity, yet here is a program promoting it to the public who are the end users and some are complaining about the show.

Dick Smith
15th Mar 2016, 04:16
One day I am going to post on this site how aviation is turning around for the better under great leadership.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
15th Mar 2016, 05:26
Hmmm,

Would that be under Liberal, Labor, or ALA I wonder.

We've had very little under the two 'majors' in modern times......
Its been a bit like Wollies v Coles - i.e. Which one do you want to screw you this week?

No Cheers, nope, none at all....:=

Ultralights
15th Mar 2016, 11:00
isnt the Nick xenophon group aviation friendly?

Pinky the pilot
16th Mar 2016, 04:35
isnt the Nick xenophon group aviation friendly?

Allegedly so, but given the fact that he has in the current Parliament, sided/voted with the Greens more than the Government is something I find a bit unsettling.

Unless I see a real reason to change my mind the Xenophon group will be well down my preference list this time round.

Duck Pilot
18th Mar 2016, 09:44
I seem to recall that the makers of Ice Pilots were going to make an Aussie equivalent aviation series up north.

Has anyone heard anything similar? It might be a good money spinner and PR exercise for an outback operator.

kaz3g
18th Mar 2016, 10:45
The result of the Senate vote following its marathon sitting will make it much harder or near impossible for single policy Independants to be elected. The Government was supported by the Greens in what was very clearly a sef-interest exercise for both of them.

There goes Dick's dream....

Kaz

spinex
18th Mar 2016, 11:57
Duck Pilot, coincidentally I saw an ad for people to participate in just such a program earlier today. I'll dig out a copy of the ad and post here.