PDA

View Full Version : Free on line course on RAF in Cold War

Hipper
11th Mar 2016, 20:46
Starting Monday the 14th March.

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/raf-cold-war

Wander00
12th Mar 2016, 07:32
Thanks, signed up, I finish my creative writing course from Futurelearn/OU tomorrow, so fits in well

W

ICM
12th Mar 2016, 10:54
It will be my first look at an online Course and, by the looks of the many introductory remarks, there will be a good number of people with all manner of relevant post-war Service experience taking part.

Mr Oleo Strut
12th Mar 2016, 15:27
I've completed five Futurelearn courses so far and thoroughly recommend them. The cut and thrust of debate is fascinating as is the world-wide involvement. A first-class learning experience.

octavian
13th Mar 2016, 20:09
Just signed up. Looks interesting.

Wander00
14th Mar 2016, 16:17
Well through Week 1. reminds me of the War Studies lectures at the Towers in the 60s, but in those days people checked their spelling. Considering this course is provided by a University and the RAF Museum, there are far too many proof reading/spelling/syntax errors.

Hipper
16th Mar 2016, 13:31
I would agree about the spelling errors. Most courses I've been on are well put together. I wonder if this has been rushed a bit.

Still worthwhile though.

Wander00
16th Mar 2016, 13:40
However, today I had to e-mail one of the tutors, who in three lines had three "greengrocer's" apostrophes. Nevertheless, the material is otherwise sound, and the discussions between students interesting.