View Full Version : EK 777 New Business Class

scandistralian
9th Mar 2016, 09:41
First look: Emirates' new business class seat - Business Traveller (http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/first-look-emirates-new-business-class-seat)

Looks like a vast improvement on the current product.

Still a distant dream for First Officers with kids! :ugh:

Wannabe Flyer
9th Mar 2016, 10:05
Looks more of a facelift with no radical differences. Something auto companies do mid design to make one feel they are getting something new.

PositiveRate876
9th Mar 2016, 10:45
Looks like an early 2000's design. The guy pictured in the middle seat looks visibly uncomfortable. And he's just there for the picture, not for the 17 hours to AKL.

Hardly revolutionary, it's comparable to the first class revamp on the 340-300's a few years back.

TwinJock
9th Mar 2016, 10:55
Looks better than the current offering - obviously to compete with our "neighbours" down the coast!

fatbus
9th Mar 2016, 10:56
Hardly revolutionary

moneyhoon
9th Mar 2016, 12:14
Not having direct isle access is a major downfall. Just look at the J offerings from QR EY SQ CX. QR is launching a suite type business seat. Just another missed opportunity from EK unfortunately.

ExDubai
9th Mar 2016, 12:45
Just a facelift for an "average" product.

SOPS
9th Mar 2016, 14:00
For me now, as a full fare pax, the middle seat is the killer. I will fly SQ or Etihad, for the configure.

harry the cod
9th Mar 2016, 14:30
Full fair business class in retirement SOPS? Provident fund must have been good..........;) I agree with the comments though. Nice, but hardly a 'wow'.

Still,without too much invested, hopefully that leaves enough in the kitty for a pay rise.

Harry

donpizmeov
9th Mar 2016, 16:04
The picture is of Y class isn't it?

springbok449
9th Mar 2016, 16:30
The 777 J Class product has been dated for years.

If you're traveling on your own by the window or in the middle seat is not a great experience, no direct aisle access means that every time you or the person next to you needs to get up, a backside is shoved into somebody's face!

At the very least they should have gone the way the configuration is on the Super or better even, gone the way most other airlines have with a far better product.

nolimitholdem
10th Mar 2016, 07:14
Lipstick on a pig.

But really, that sums up the entire company and city. Thus was it ever and thus will it ever be.

At least they're consistent....?

Calmcavok
11th Mar 2016, 16:01
On the flip side, BA offer 8 across in Club World on the 777, with a flat bed and no direct aisle access for the middle seats. Not a lot of shoulder room.

ExDubai
11th Mar 2016, 16:54
I would compare the Product with QR, CX, SQ and the company down the road..