PDA

View Full Version : Bankstown Dead or Just Resting

LeadSled
9th Mar 2016, 04:47
Folks,
Does anyone have the real movement rates for YSBK.

Not the BAL PR movement rates but the real rates, including how many are counted as two movements for one circuit, how many movement rates are really microphone clicks, radio checks etc.

Last look I did of the figures, some time ago had a 100,000 tons + difference between the ASA tons landed, and the BAL tons landed numbers?? If that was with a total of millions of tons, who cares, but when it is a discrepancy of around one third, ?????

At a recent meeting at YSBK, an off the cuff comment from a BAL person said the annual rate was below 170, 000, another BAL person said the movements were increasing??

By my personal observation, out there several days a week, even 170,000 seems optimistic, long periods of time elapse with nil movements, and weekends seem even quieter than weekdays, when there is at least a bit of "commercial" traffic.

And I remember when it was almost 500,000 per annum, with five abreast on 05/23.

Tootle pip!!

Frank Arouet
9th Mar 2016, 05:01
They say the numbers are trending upwards.

Where have we heard that before?

Ultralights
9th Mar 2016, 05:03
YSBK is a ghost town... busy is now 2 aircraft in the circuit on a sunny calm Saturday morning, maybe 3.

Aussie Bob
9th Mar 2016, 05:35
I think you should have asked; "Is GA dead or just resting?"

Edit: I see Dick just asked the same question in different phraseology ...

cbradio
9th Mar 2016, 06:25
Movements at Australian airports | Airservices (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/reports-and-statistics/movements-at-australian-airports/)

cattletruck
9th Mar 2016, 08:23
I have an idea to save GA in Australia, let's start again from 1945.