PDA

View Full Version : Advise on choosing between Brussel or UK at CAE

Apitu
8th Mar 2016, 08:24
Hello to everyone reading. I want to start the integrated ATPL at CAE, but can not decide whether in Brussels or UK. My choice tends to be Brussel for personal reasons, but somehow this is not enough for me. What do you think is the better choice, considering their placement programe.
In case it matters, am a 27 years male, coming from Romania, able to fund myself.
Thanks for your answers.

WASALOADIE
8th Mar 2016, 09:14
Are you able to take a trip to visit the schools? That would show you what they have to offer.
Certainly both have benefits. Regardless of cost, I would take the option that suits your requirements best.

kilomike_19
8th Mar 2016, 09:38
I recommend you to choose the city where you feel more comfortable... I think that both have the same level of quality. In addition, the cost of living will be very similar in both places.

Apitu
9th Mar 2016, 09:40
Thank you for the answers. I visited the headquarter in Brussels last year. I have not visited the UK one because I do not think that at first glance you can see big differences.
My question is really whether there are differences in quality of teaching and even opportunities for employment after graduation.
My requirements would be to get the fATPL and hopefully a job.
Brussel would be more difficult for me as i know little to no french at all. But compensates with food and relaxed life-style.

kilomike_19
9th Mar 2016, 10:11
CAE will not give you a job after your graduation...you will wait in the pool like everyone else...

anoraknaphobia
9th Mar 2016, 11:08
You should be OK from Romania but CAE in UK do not have Tier 4 visa status, so Brussels is the only CAE option for non-'European' training

Apitu
15th Mar 2016, 08:40
@Klomike_19: I know CAE doesn't give me a job, but there are several airlines recruiting CAE cadets, so this is a plus for them.
@anoraknaphobia: can you please explain this visa thing? I didn't quite get that.

anoraknaphobia
15th Mar 2016, 12:22
If you hold a Romanian passport then under the EU agreement you won't need a visa. CAE in UK do not comply with Home Office regulation to be able to sponsor non-European students. So you can choose Brussels or UK no problem.:cool:

Reverserbucket
17th Mar 2016, 14:25
The majority of CAE cadets are sponsored by airlines - this is the core business of the ab-initio FTO division.

Only the theoretical knowledge training would be conducted in Brussels as the practical training is all done in the U.S.A and Kidlington.