PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar NZ hiring

allora05
5th Mar 2016, 06:55
Any news on Jetstar NZ hiring pilots?

Corkey McFuz
5th Mar 2016, 08:26
I see the Dash 8 Capt and f/o jobs are gone from the website so they must be all full up on that side. Surprising.

Ollie Onion
5th Mar 2016, 09:09
They are hiring, currently 4 Direct Entry FO's training and 8 Cadet Entry FO's just staring to train. Apparently there is another round of Direct Entry pilot recruitment in the next couple of weeks.

kev2002
5th Mar 2016, 21:16
With air NZ taking on direct entry a320 fo's is there any talk of a few Jetstar guys and gals jumping ship?

Lindstrim
5th Mar 2016, 23:49
Under the ANZA bilateral agreement I thought the most restrictive regulatory rule applies. Under NZCAA rules Part 121 pilots must have a minimum of 500 hrs. How is JQ placing cadets into their NZ ops....these CTC cadets will not have 500 hrs unless their plan is to use these cadets in OZ first to get the prerequisite 500 hours.

Cadets are being used as S/O's on the 787 I believe

HOOROO
6th Mar 2016, 03:24
Not all of the cadets are going to the 787 as second officers but some definitely are; i think they had a choice and yes they will be on the east coast of Australia until they reach 500 hours.
A Jetstar cadet limitation restricts them to not landing on runways shorter than 2000m... which will make WLG and DUD duties interesting.

Ollie Onion
6th Mar 2016, 05:06
There is a restriction that the Cadets will require 500 hours total time to be based in Auckland. Auckland was recently approved as a Cadet training base by CASA. Considerering that the Cadets will have in excess of 200 hours when joining then they will do 3-4 months line training (including AKL) before being released to line in AKL as 'Junior FO's' with the magic 500 hour total.

If AIr NZ starts external recruitment again then it is inevitable there will be an exodus of Jetstar NZ pilots I would think.

waren9
7th Mar 2016, 03:59
Jetstar passengers fuming after regional flights cancelled | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/77629440/jetstar-passengers-fuming-after-regional-flights-cancelled)

sounds like there might be a few more dash 8 jobs going soon fellas